Home

Online ranked game (video) - broncos vs steelers

This is a discussion on Online ranked game (video) - broncos vs steelers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Online ranked game (video) - broncos vs steelers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdNeM...TIFJffJjaobIq9

just something i put together... kinda long vid, basically 3 songs long lol.... anyways, here it is. hope ya like
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Online ranked game (video) - broncos vs steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan217
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdNeM...TIFJffJjaobIq9

just something i put together... kinda long vid, basically 3 songs long lol.... anyways, here it is. hope ya like
Since you obviously have a recording device, could you record some online ranked game footage against randoms, hopefully minus the soundtrack, so others can see just what goes on.

Some additional end game recorded footage of any gameplay issues, using the highlights and in-depth replay system, would be great too. Then maybe in addition to the official bugs/glitches thread, we could have a constructive thread filled with video evidence of online gameplay issue, where sliders are not available.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20

You are everything that is wrong with online play. Going for it every 4th down, running goal line outside of an actual goal line situation, and going for 2 points instead of kicking the XP....
Old 12-22-2011, 10:19 PM   #4
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTSTOPPER
You are everything that is wrong with online play. Going for it every 4th down, running goal line outside of an actual goal line situation, and going for 2 points instead of kicking the XP....
His thread title said this was a ranked online game - what did you expect?

It seems kind of backhanded to come in here and insult the OP simply because this isn't your cup of tea.

Would it be nice if online Madden games were more sim-oriented? Yes I think so as well, but the title made the subject clear - if you don't like it just don't participate instead of insulting the poster.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #5
Rookie

Aolian_Am's Arena

OVR: 2

ya, that is some trashy gameplay. outside of running the ball, i thought you had very good anticipation for where your hole would develop on running plays, but every other aspect of your game was very horrid.

the sad thing is you probally roll through other noobs and think that your a good madden player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2011, 11:24 PM   #6
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
His thread title said this was a ranked online game - what did you expect?

It seems kind of backhanded to come in here and insult the OP simply because this isn't your cup of tea.

Would it be nice if online Madden games were more sim-oriented? Yes I think so as well, but the title made the subject clear - if you don't like it just don't participate instead of insulting the poster.
I wasn't going to give you the benefit of a response, but i'm feeling froggy tonight. Don't you love the internet? More specifically internet forums? It's a place where you can go to discuss things, take polls on things, and in general base your own opinion off of things that you see.

I was simply giving my input on OP's gameplay, and as long as I am not crossing any lines in the TOS of OS (which i'm not) I am at liberty to do and say as I please. Much like you had the privilege and the right to quote my comment and tell me what you think. I may not like it, but no one will agree with every little thing.

If I feel that the OP is one of the millions of gamers world wide looking for anything to get a W in a game that I enjoy to play in a realistic fashion, I have the liberty to say so. If I don't like something, I will voice my opinion on it. Will it change the OP's mind on how he approaches games? Absolutely not. However, Knowing his gamertag, I know that I can now avoid him at all costs.

Take care bud.

Oh, one more thing..The title simply states online ranked game. That doesn't mean anything other than he was playing someone in a game that counted on a virtual leaderboard. I play ranked games all the time, but I don't cheese. I don't call nano blitzes, or four vertical passes all game. I play within the rules of the game. I punt the ball on 4th down, I kick the FG when I have an opportunity. I play the game the way you see it on Sunday. So your assumption of the title describing everything that is wrong with online is highly out of place.

Last edited by HARTSTOPPER; 12-22-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:11 AM   #7
Rookie

tiloj's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTSTOPPER
So your assumption of the title describing everything that is wrong with online is highly out of place.

I'm not sure the respondent to your post said that. He said that you could have assumed the theme of the thread because of the title. He is probably correct. You yourself went on a mini-rant about online play, validating everything that was just said in response to your post. "Everything that is wrong with online play" certainly insinuates that you expected to see this kind of game-play.

Whether or not you want to admit it, your tone is insulting and off putting. I play in a sim league myself and so I can empathize, but you might go about your complaints more diplomatically if you want people to listen.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #8
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloj
I'm not sure the respondent to your post said that. He said that you could have assumed the theme of the thread because of the title. He is probably correct. You yourself went on a mini-rant about online play, validating everything that was just said in response to your post. "Everything that is wrong with online play" certainly insinuates that you expected to see this kind of game-play.

Whether or not you want to admit it, your tone is insulting and off putting. I play in a sim league myself and so I can empathize, but you might go about your complaints more diplomatically if you want people to listen.
More diplomatically? I don't see how anything I said could be insulting or off putting. Anyways, enough of the bickering, let's get back on topic. Start talking about the OP's video.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »