Home

Great Ratings Breakdown!

This is a discussion on Great Ratings Breakdown! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #17
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Great Ratings Breakdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Programming in actual player vision? I'd love that.

Wouldn't this fall under "awareness", though? So a high AWR would give the player more field vision.
I am not sure what it would fall under, BCV or some new category but it should change depending on the players prowess at a given position. For example, Devin Hester is a natural at returning but not so much at other positions. So whatever the field view category, Hester's should be complete as a returner but limited at other positions.

My issue with AWR is, it seems to only affect CPU players and User control, cancels it out, I hate that. If Madden was played from a field level view so when User controlled, there were some visual limitations, it wouldn't be so bad. However, with the current gameplay view, AWR needs to include User controlled parameters as well. Like in a basketball game, if I take 3 pointers with a Center that doesn't have the tendency nor the skill set for 3 pointers, I fail 9 out of 10 times. In Madden, taking User control of a CPU player with low AWR, should be difficult for the User just like the CPU. People shouldn't be User controlling CB's with poor coverage skills/AWR but have high SPD and intercepting balls like 'Primetime". lol

I was just thinking about this last night about how Madden should utilize the penalty system more, among other things, to make "User skill" actually skillful. If things like Defensive Holding, Illegal Contact, Pass Interference for pass defenders, Holding for Olineman when RB is constantly cutting back when the play is not designed that way, Ineligible man downfield for Olineman on poorly timed screens by the QB, Facemask, Horsecollar for tacklers, Leading with the helmet for defenders using Hitstick, Offensive Pass Interference for receivers, etc, were called very tight when User controlling low AWR players, then there would be true "user skill", imo.

Inherently, the CPU would understand the limitations of low AWR players and act accordingly but not Users. So if Users want to take control of less field aware players, so be it but allow there to be increased risk to offset the potential rewards of User control.

I can't count the number of times either I or my opponent have consistently bumped into the WR or pushed into the DB when User controlling a WR or DB on a pass. These should carry some offensive/defensive pass interference calls or at least illegal contact.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #18
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Regarding returns, Razr mentioned to me that we might need to edit blocking attributes for defenders on special teams to realistic levels so we start to see come consistent blocking formations out there, and hence more realistic return yardage.

A dude named purple or blue or something is doing this at NCAA, so I've heard.
This is what I am talking about and it's a great idea, imo. Don't negate blocking because the User has a "bird's eye" gameplay view to prevent returns, limit what Users are able to accomplish with certain players. Like I mentioned in my previous post, of course Devin Hester should have the vision, mentality and physical skill set to make great returns whether CPU or User controlled. So even with the current view, I have no problem with Hester being a threat to find the seam every time and take it to the house. It puts a strong focus on Gunners and picking the correct kicking coverages to correlate kick location. However, I want User controlled lesser skilled returners to have issues getting to those seams, even when the User controlling them can clearly see those seams.

I think this could be accomplished through DPP by adding traits/tendencies for returners and Special Teams in general. So a highly skilled player with poor returner traits, tendencies, consistency, confidence and maybe on a cold streak at returner, would have their ratings internally modified, even though they have the base skill displayed to be successful.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 12-24-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:07 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

I tend to choose KR/PR based on BCV,AWR,ELU,CAT,CAR because i think there important parts of the job great SPD,ACC,AGI and TRK are bonuses in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »