Home

Great Ratings Breakdown!

This is a discussion on Great Ratings Breakdown! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Great Ratings Breakdown!

found this on the ea boards. Madden needs this! could get used to something like this. ratings are too high and they broke down peterson perfectly. always agreed that kick and punt return should be their own ratings. like the rationale, still think rookies start off too low imo tho. great points on tony g ratings drop too.

http://spgmg.blogspot.com/2011/12/ra...-peterson.html

http://spgmg.blogspot.com/2011/12/cu...-gonzalez.html

Last edited by justud; 12-23-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Great Ratings Breakdown!

they broke down bush perfectly too.

http://spgmg.blogspot.com/2011/12/ra...ggie-bush.html
Old 12-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

You never answered when I asked if this was your blog...

Later
Old 12-23-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by justud
found this on the ea boards. Madden needs this! could get used to something like this. ratings are too high and they broke down peterson perfectly. always agreed that kick and punt return should be their own ratings. like the rationale, still think rookies start off too low imo tho. great points on tony g ratings drop too.

http://spgmg.blogspot.com/2011/12/ra...-peterson.html

http://spgmg.blogspot.com/2011/12/cu...-gonzalez.html
Isn't there currently a "returner" rating in Madden though?

I agree there needs to be a consistent, universal system to rate all Madden players to scale but I don't know that I endorse this one. I like some things but that part about factoring in winning, not so much. There can be talented players on poor teams that hinder them from doing well, like a talented QB behind a poor offensive line and mediocre players excelling on great teams, like a RE accruing tons of sacks because of playing with a dominate LE and DT.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
You never answered when I asked if this was your blog...

Later
nope, never saw your question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal

I agree there needs to be a consistent, universal system to rate all Madden players to scale but I don't know that I endorse this one. I like some things but that part about factoring in winning, not so much. There can be talented players on poor teams that hinder them from doing well, like a talented QB behind a poor offensive line and mediocre players excelling on great teams, like a RE accruing tons of sacks because of playing with a dominate LE and DT.
remember the year cortez kennedy won the defensive player of the year on a 3-13 seahawk team?

you can be ultra talented but on a lousy team.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
Rookie

that was b4 my time but i looked it up just to see. 14 sacks, 90 tackles and 4 ffs at dt? pretty sure he'd have been rated outta this world by any scale. that system isnt perfect ( i think they rate rooks too low) but its the best ive seen. anybody know if thats the highest sack total by a dt?
Old 12-23-2011, 06:41 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Yeah...except KR and PR are two different animals, imo.

PR in particular are pretty chaotic, not to mention fielding the punt and judging fair catch or not and then reading the blocks/space on a frantic type play.

I think it would take different skills to do each. Not that a player can't be good at each.

Just an example (and I realize it's just one player) but Joe McKnight on the Jets is averaging 32 yds per KR (way above average) but only 5 yds per PR (half of average). A single RET rating can't capture this, imo. It's like he should be a 90+ KR but a 50 or so PR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »