Home

How would you rebuilt the Colts?

This is a discussion on How would you rebuilt the Colts? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #25
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: How would you rebuilt the Colts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Good info. I'm glad the Madden classes are not affected. If a few of those guys creep in, I'll just cut them due to off the field problems.

As for the playbooks, I'm on the hunt for whichever one has the least number of shotgun plays. I can't shake the fact that I grew up watching football when the only gun-based teams were BUF, HOU, and ATL. I have a strong distaste for the shotgun, and a heavy preference for I, I Strong/Weak, Split, Near, Far, and Single Back sets.
A solid "Madden Strategy" because I find the game rewards old skool smashmouth football...

Esp. in the 3rd (when playaction REALLY starts to work) and the 4th when you're rewarded by about an extra YPC for sticking with the run...

High AWR FB is essential for that O...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #26
Just started!

bigtxambition's Arena

OVR: 21

Well since they now have the 1st pick in each round, I say they should start with taking Andrew Luck with the 1st pick. Peyton Manning is a "maybe" for 2012 due to his neck injury. I seriously doubt the GM will pay him over 18 million to ride the bench. Manning is finished. He'll retire for sure before the draft. 2nd RD pick they then take another solid player that can step and play. Or trade it away for more picks later in the draft. This is a solid deep draft class, so there will be plenty of good players still left over at that point.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #27
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I recently decided to do a Colts scenario - I simmed the first season, got the 1st overall choice, and made Peyton a FA (Redskins got him - believe it or not).

The guy I drafted was actually 86 OVR QB, 6'4 230lb, so I decided to rename him Andrew Luck due to the similar measurables. I dropped him down to 84 and did some ratings changes to be more like Luck.

I went 3-13 in the 2nd year but had a decent year with Luck - similar to Cam's rookie passing stats. I was 6-3 in the 3rd year (Luck is 94 OVR) and close to leading the league in QB rating with him. I had also drafted two very good WRs (82 OVR A Pot each) and had Garcon (85 OVR) and Clark still.

I also drafted a good SS but the D was mostly the same bar a few new names in the DT and CB rotations.

Was never meant to be a long term thing, just a bit of fun but I think I pretty much maxed it out already as the passing is almost too easy now, and I actually prefer to build defensive teams in franchise mode for longer term enjoyment. I tend to get tired of pass heavy games honestly.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #28
Banned

CB Detroit Tattoo's Arena

OVR: 0

I created Luck (everything except his attributes), put him in the free agency, then picked him up and changed his overall the next year.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:21 AM   #29
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Good info. I'm glad the Madden classes are not affected. If a few of those guys creep in, I'll just cut them due to off the field problems.

As for the playbooks, I'm on the hunt for whichever one has the least number of shotgun plays. I can't shake the fact that I grew up watching football when the only gun-based teams were BUF, HOU, and ATL. I have a strong distaste for the shotgun, and a heavy preference for I, I Strong/Weak, Split, Near, Far, and Single Back sets.
I'm having flashbacks to ACQB, Season 1 where Christian Okoye ran wild out of a run-heavy offense. I'd love to re-create something like this in Madden; I was thinking of doing this with a team like St. Louis, since Jackson is the kind of back you could build that type of offense around, or even Cleveland, where Peyton Hillis, at least in the Madden universe, is a battering ram.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I'm having flashbacks to ACQB, Season 1 where Christian Okoye ran wild out of a run-heavy offense. I'd love to re-create something like this in Madden; I was thinking of doing this with a team like St. Louis, since Jackson is the kind of back you could build that type of offense around, or even Cleveland, where Peyton Hillis, at least in the Madden universe, is a battering ram.
Yeah, that's the NFL I grew up loving. I'd love to compile a list of books that have no more than 50-60 shotgun pass plays, with around 50 play-action passes. That ratio seems to yield a really good range of plays for old-school guys. I wish I could recall them all.

Help from the group?

I want to say SEA, CAR, MIN, OAK, JAX, and maybe BAL, from the teams I've actually played with.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #31
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Yeah, that's the NFL I grew up loving. I'd love to compile a list of books that have no more than 50-60 shotgun pass plays, with around 50 play-action passes. That ratio seems to yield a really good range of plays for old-school guys. I wish I could recall them all.

Help from the group?

I want to say SEA, CAR, MIN, OAK, JAX, and maybe BAL, from the teams I've actually played with.
I haven't used them, but perhaps Tampa's playbook?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #32
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

I stuck with Manning.

I started with not using prexisting injuries. I traded Freeny to the Seahawks for Sidney Rice and a 2nd round pick. I traded Mathis to the Bengals for Andre Smith and a future 2nd. I moved Smith to guard.

I changed coach playbooks to 70% pass and put it all on Manning's shoulder. With a healthy Manning, a somewhat revamped Oline, and an added threat in Sidney Rice, the offense took off.

The defense was not existant, as the only players above 80 that I had was Bathea, Angerer, and DRC who I got in a trade from Philly for Bracket and a 3rd.

Manning threw for near 5,600 yards, 56 touchdowns, and only 8 interceptions. The Colts went 12-4 and got the number 1 seed, and are awaiting the Ravens in the divisional round of the playoffs.

Next year will be harder with tons of dead money on my cap, and aging players such as Peyton, Jeff Saturday, Reggie Wayne, and Dallas Clark declining.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »