Home

Seeking Slider Set Creators, Users And "Sim" Gamers For Online Community Experiment

This is a discussion on Seeking Slider Set Creators, Users And "Sim" Gamers For Online Community Experiment within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Seeking Slider Set Creators, Users And "Sim" Gamers For Online Community Experiment

I want to enjoy M12 but I am not interested in playing the CPU, online franchise doesn't have slider sets and online ranked games, aside from the obvious "cheesefest", are riddled with gameplay issues people vehemently claim, can be helped with slider adjustments.

I have read constant praise about the Madden gameplay miracles that can be accomplished through sliders and even more complaints about how Madden plays online from the Os community. So, I want to try and bring at least the OS community, if not the entire Madden "sim" community, together and try to get a consensus on an ideal slider set for User vs User online simulation play through online communities.

What I am thinking we might can do is, have me or someone else start an online community, maybe named "Sim Experiment" or something, experiment with various created slider sets for set periods of time, get interested OS gamers to play each other in the online community under each slider set and give their feedback about each slider set for online User vs User game, in this thread.

Then we all can hopefully take that feedback and decide on the best slider set for online User vs User games, that can be the setting for at least one OS "Sim" online community, for people that want online random games, without all the issues that sliders can potentially fix. This might also come in handy for M13 if franchise is actually made one mode with all the same features, instead of separate online/offline modes.

The goal is to have an Online community similar to online ranked games, without the need for a bunch of subjective rules and regulations but that's regulated instead through more realistic gameplay parameters accomplished by sliders.

I think with enough interest and gamers involved, we maybe able to create a NFL level online random game environment. Anybody interested, feel free to post and add your own ideas or constructive criticisms.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: Seeking Slider Set Creators, Users And "Sim" Gamers For Online Community Experime

It's annoying to have to say it but that won't function - The issues in this game are deeper than sliders - To get it to play right coaching sliders, ratings, etc all need to change.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Seeking Slider Set Creators, Users And "Sim" Gamers For Online Community Experime

Great idea!
Old 12-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #4
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
It's annoying to have to say it but that won't function - The issues in this game are deeper than sliders - To get it to play right coaching sliders, ratings, etc all need to change.
So sliders won't help at all without the other stuff or the other stuff maximizes the effect of sliders? I really don't know because I have never tried this. That's why I want get as much feedback as possible.

Also, do online communities include any of that other stuff?
Old 12-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #5
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
So sliders won't help at all without the other stuff or the other stuff maximizes the effect of sliders? I really don't know because I have never tried this. That's why I want get as much feedback as possible.

Also, do online communities include any of that other stuff?
Sliders will only get you so far - If you want a true sim gameplay without the issues online won't work. Check out the pass rush and coaching sliders threads for some indication of this.

Unfortunately I don't think you can use edited rosters or change coaching sliders on line
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Sliders will only get you so far - If you want a true sim gameplay without the issues online won't work. Check out the pass rush and coaching sliders threads for some indication of this.

Unfortunately I don't think you can use edited rosters or change coaching sliders on line
I just checked it out and from what I can see, online communities have all the sliders I read discussed in slider set threads. I think you are referring to Franchise specific sliders and offline player editing, that are not available, like you stated.

I am hoping the available sliders will greatly improve online User vs User gameplay. It is just an experiment though, with no guarantees.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:02 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

I love this idea. While I'm not sure there is a single standard slider set that will bring the entire SIM community together. Around the Madden world SIM and the multiple views of it rely heavily on the individual player's landscape, user skill set, football cognitive abilities, and personal preference.

But it's worth a shot.

I've have a similar project regarding SIM rule sets that accommodate several rule options for different levels of SIM play that might work well with this project.

Lemme know what I can do to help.

Later
Old 01-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Simgameonly has created an online community named SIMGAMEONLY/no password with these slider sets:

I created one the name is simgameonly no password right now spread the word

the settings are
human/cpu
QB Accuracy - 28/38
Pass Blocking - 3/0
WR Catching - 39/38
Broken Tackles 0/0
Run Blocking 23/24
Fumbles - 40/40
Pass Reaction Time - 15/15
Interceptions 33/33
Pass Rushing - 25/0
Rush Reaction Time - 5/5
Block Shedding - 5/5
Tackling - 44/42

Offsides - 90
False Start - 0
Holding - 54
Facemask 53
Off Pass Interference - 100
Def Pass Interference - 100
KR/PR Interference - 100
Clipping – 52
Intentional Grounding - 100
Roughing the Passer - 53
Roughing the Kicker – 100
FG Power - 40
FG Accuracy - 41
Punt Power - 49
Punt Accuracy - 90
Kickoff Power – 53

Skill Level: All madden
Playcall Style: conventional
Quarter Length: 8 Minutes
Accelerated Clock: 20 Second
Auto Strafe: on
Auto Sprint: On
Game Speed: Slow
Injuries: 24
Fatigue: 57
Player Min Speed Threshold: 23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »