Home

PLEASE remove this RIDICULOUS animation for next year...

This is a discussion on PLEASE remove this RIDICULOUS animation for next year... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7
PLEASE remove this RIDICULOUS animation for next year...

or at least remove it for guys with good arms. I dont need my qb with a 90+ throw power to wind up like an olympic shot putter to throw a long pass. all it does is add 2 extra seconds to the animation and usually results in a sack when the normal throwing animation would have gotten the pass off in time. I play with the titans with locker at qb, last night I actually had a busted play happen and nate washington was all alone running towards the endzone. I was at midfield and when I saw nate open he was at about the 35 so I hit the button to get it to him for an easy score right? WRONG! locker, who I believe his THP is at 94 winds up, eats a cheesburger and then goes to throw the ball, BAM sacked! in reality it was only about a 30 yard pass as washington would have caught it and ran the rest of the way so there was no reason for someone with that strong of an arm to have to put that much behind the throw. that animation should be reserved for qb's like colt mccoy heaving a hail mary from his own 40 or something.

while we're at it, if I have a qb with a high throw on the run rating I expect him to actually throw on the run. when I scramble out of the pocket and am being chased and see my fb wide open I want my qb to THROW ON THE RUN, not plant a foot and stop to rare back only to get sacked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
Rookie

ShowtimeNy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PLEASE remove this RIDICULOUS animation for next year...

yea this game just seems off
i have more fun playing madden 10
Old 12-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

The Byron Leftwich windup?

He takes forever to get the ball out of his hands...

Later
Old 12-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

There are a lot of funky animations that just shouldn't be. I've been playing Madden 08 on PC with new rosters lately and I just don't understand how the feel and animations have drastically regressed on more powerful engines & consoles now. Everything was so much smoother in PC/PS2/X-Box versions, very fast but definitely smoother and more realistic looking as far as animations.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

i too use the titans and for my first 20 or so games i couldnt figuer out why i was getting hit from behind while throwing on the run, found out that i was letting up just a bit on the sprint button when i went to throw which makes you come to a stop n throw, i also helps when throwing deep(say 15-30 yards) if you run forward as your throwing, its not that easy to throw a 30 yard pass while fading away from you wr irl
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »