Home

Realistic stamina ratings

This is a discussion on Realistic stamina ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Realistic stamina ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
All you have to do is raise the fatigue level at which players are subbed out and they'll sub out more often. But the game needs packages like they used to have on PS2 because a lot of the substituting you see is just for certain situations, not necessarily fatigue. It was a great feature and they should never have removed it.

Yeah, I think we're stuck trying to get all the subbing in the real game with just half the equation (fatigue).

I haven't edited players, but I wonder if playing on 100 fatigue with sub settings that would still allow realistic production would help, especially for RB.

That said - there's something else at work besides STA. Ray Rice gets tired pretty quick for me (I'm at 73 Fatigue), but Blount just goes and goes and goes. I've had Berry (my 3rd HB for Ravens) come in - I hardly ever see the 3rd HB for Bucs and even Spiller (#2) doesn't get in a lot unless I run it a bunch. Both Rice and Blount have the Feature Back role and 90+ STA.

I wonder if it's the varying rates guys suffer fatigue from getting hit? I might have to experiment with 100 fatigue and see what happens.

Edit: Trying a game on 100 fatigue with changed injury and sub settings - can't use Blount (Bucs franchise in offseason) so I'll use the 49ers franchise (Gore has 97 STA and Feature Back).

Who knows - maybe higher fatigue might open things up by lowering ratings via fatigue, changing the game play in other ways. Will post stats when game is done.

Last edited by KBLover; 01-04-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Gore had 24 carries for 138 and 2 TD, but he came off and on a lot. Part of it is the play calling (Dallas threw it a lot and had a hard time sustaining drives) which gave me too many plays. I turned down the HB sub to make sure I avoided the 4th quarter bug (where the HB never recovers enough to get back in the game), but I probably will push it up a little bit more to try to get that total down.

Only real problem I had was that Aldon Smith just was constantly worn out. Doesn't help it uses him on special teams and I don't know how to make that not happen to get a better read. Everyone else stayed on the field most of the game with the lower subs for other positions and still played well. Willis had 14 tackles, etc.

So I think putting fatigue on 100 is a possibility with the right sub settings. Will have to keep working on the HB subbing.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #11
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Gore had 24 carries for 138 and 2 TD, but he came off and on a lot. Part of it is the play calling (Dallas threw it a lot and had a hard time sustaining drives) which gave me too many plays. I turned down the HB sub to make sure I avoided the 4th quarter bug (where the HB never recovers enough to get back in the game), but I probably will push it up a little bit more to try to get that total down.

Only real problem I had was that Aldon Smith just was constantly worn out. Doesn't help it uses him on special teams and I don't know how to make that not happen to get a better read. Everyone else stayed on the field most of the game with the lower subs for other positions and still played well. Willis had 14 tackles, etc.

So I think putting fatigue on 100 is a possibility with the right sub settings. Will have to keep working on the HB subbing.
This thread should help out with your Aldon Smith on Special Teams issues: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ial-teams.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
This thread should help out with your Aldon Smith on Special Teams issues: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ial-teams.html
Thank you!

I might have to rearrange the depth chart around this as much as possible. Like put Navarro at ROLB so he doesn't go on S.T. etc.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

watched a full CPU vs CPU game on 8 min quarters the other day. Finally saw some decent DT/RB auto-subs but most weren't until the late 2nd quarter and 2nd half. Stamina for all players had been reduced by this scale...

QBs - all 90 or above
K/Ps - all 80 or below
WRs/RBs/DBs - star players at 85, above average at 80, average and below 70-75
LBs/TEs/FBs/DEs - star players at 80, above average at 70, average or below at 60
DTs/OL - star players at 70, above average at 60, average or below at 50 or less

I am going to reduce them even farther since I saw good progress at these levels. Probably going to lower WRs/RBs/DBs to max out at 60 for stars, LBs/TEs/FBs/DEs to max out at 50, DTs/OL to max out at 40. Lower-rated DTs will probably end up in the 20 range.

I'm hoping to start up my simulation franchise/dynasties again, but I'm going to watch CPU vs CPU madden games because that's the only way to get accurate stats (sim engine blows - RBs all over 1500/2000 yds rushing, etc.). Since I use the NCAA draft classes, I will have to edit the NCAA rosters to reflect these stamina changes as well.

Just giving you guys some thoughts to chew on.

OS Thread Link - Website Link
Old 01-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

I've yet to hit 20 carries with Blount in my current season trying 100 fatigue.

Closest I've come is 18, and I run the ball whenever I can, and probably even when I shouldn't (I'll call a draw )

One game I had something like 16/10 (FB, used him a lot this game)/10/4 in my carries split which is probably just as ridiculous heh. Otherwise, it's something like 17/7/4 (FB)/4 (3rd HB).

My DTs subbed pretty well even at 73 fatigue. At 100, it's a rotation, even with 30/40 sub out/in settings. Certainly seems to highlight roles/high ability. My DTs have been a non-factor, but Bowers still can do his thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »