Home

The trade that CHANGED your franchise

This is a discussion on The trade that CHANGED your franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #33
Rookie

martz28's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The trade that CHANGED your franchise

Seahawks Franchise

In 2011 I traded MLB David Hawthorne (85 ovr) and a 2nd rounder to the Eagles for DRC (86 ovr in 2014)

He has the iron man player role

Made the probowl in 2013 with 30 tackles and 7 picks 1 forced fumble and 1 recovery.

Week 15 in 2014 he has 30 tackles 11 ints 2 TDs (looks like 2014 probowler)
I am 10-3 in 2014
Old 01-08-2012, 11:29 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

I traded Vince Wilfork for A.J. Green and Domata Peko. I have 2 great WR's now with Welker and Green. I also traded to get Corey Peters from Atlanta to shore up the DT position.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #35
MVP

miz468's Arena

OVR: 7

Made some (admittedly unrealistic) trades to shake up my Falcons roster.

First, I traded Matt Ryan (90/A) and Jacquizz Rodgers (69/A) to the Cardinals for Patrick Peterson (85/A), Ryan Williams (73/A), and a 2nd round pick (2012).

Then, I traded Brent Grimes (89/A) to the Packers for Matt Flynn (81/A), a 4th round pick (2012), and another 4th round pick (2013).

After that I traded Roddy White (97/A) and Vance Walker (67/C?) to the Bengals for A.J. Green (88/A), Geno Atkins (86/A), and a 1st round pick (2013).

Finally, I made another deal with the Cardinals, sending them Jonathan Babineaux (89/A) for Daryl Washington (85/A), who I moved outside, a 3rd round pick (2012) and a 1st round pick (2013).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #36
Banned

tuffty's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by miz468
Made some (admittedly unrealistic) trades to shake up my Falcons roster.

First, I traded Matt Ryan (90/A) and Jacquizz Rodgers (69/A) to the Cardinals for Patrick Peterson (85/A), Ryan Williams (73/A), and a 2nd round pick (2012).

Then, I traded Brent Grimes (89/A) to the Packers for Matt Flynn (81/A), a 4th round pick (2012), and another 4th round pick (2013).

After that I traded Roddy White (97/A) and Vance Walker (67/C?) to the Bengals for A.J. Green (88/A), Geno Atkins (86/A), and a 1st round pick (2013).

Finally, I made another deal with the Cardinals, sending them Jonathan Babineaux (89/A) for Daryl Washington (85/A), who I moved outside, a 3rd round pick (2012) and a 1st round pick (2013).
someone must have it set up where the cpu accepts every trade offer
Old 01-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffty
someone must have it set up where the cpu accepts every trade offer
No, those trades fly every time, the CPU simply massively overvalues OVR and neglects things such as age and potential, so you can often trade a 90 OVR player who's 33 years old for an 82 OVR rookie and a good draft pick, while in reality such a trade would never happen in a million years even without the draft pick.

After an incredible 2012 season ends with a Super Bowl win, Hope Turner and her Vikings are trying to prove that their performance was more than just a one-shot.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #38
Pro

stopper654's Arena

OVR: 14
In my eagles franchise in season 1 was able to trade Evan Mathis 91ovr Guard on last year of contract and jason avant 79ovr WR to bengals for Aj Green and Keith rivers and 2012 3rd round pick lol

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
The EAGLES Are The Most Dominate Team In The NFC Beast And The Best Team In The League, I Will BLEED GREEN For The Rest Of My Life, So To Any Team Who Thinks They Can Test Us Then If You Want Some Then Come Get Some. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PSN: Stopper654
Old 01-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #39
Banned

tuffty's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
No, those trades fly every time, the CPU simply massively overvalues OVR and neglects things such as age and potential, so you can often trade a 90 OVR player who's 33 years old for an 82 OVR rookie and a good draft pick, while in reality such a trade would never happen in a million years even without the draft pick.
the cpu made me trade my 1st this year, 1st next year, and Urlacher for gronkowski in my bears franchise. you guys must be playing on rookie because i never get trades like that.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffty
the cpu made me trade my 1st this year, 1st next year, and Urlacher for gronkowski in my bears franchise. you guys must be playing on rookie because i never get trades like that.
Difficulty does not influence trades.

And yes, sometimes, it's completely impossible to make a trade, but in general, the CPU massively undervalues youth and especially future draft picks. One time, I managed to load up on 4 1st, 5 2nd and 5 3rd round picks for the 2nd year draft just by trading away some 80s OVR 30+ year olds I didn't need in year 1.

After an incredible 2012 season ends with a Super Bowl win, Hope Turner and her Vikings are trying to prove that their performance was more than just a one-shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »