Home

Madden Replay Value gets shorter every year

This is a discussion on Madden Replay Value gets shorter every year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Madden Replay Value gets shorter every year

Used to be,I could play Madden off and on till the next one.Now it seems like I trade it in sooner and sooner each year.Now im engaged with 3 kids I just dont have the time I used to have to play games.With that time shortened and the release of Dark Souls and Skyrim,Madden has been placed in the trade in section for my next trip to gamestop.Anyone elses love for Madden fading away?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden Replay Value gets shorter every year

It's HIGHLY understandable with you being engaged and having three children. I'm sure Madden will have to come much bigger to keep your attention. However, for me personally, this is the first year (I want to say since next gen Madden) that I've actually gotten through a franchise season. I'm married with a one month old infant but for some reason, this Madden calls me back as soon as they're both asleep. Past few maddens (I didn't buy M11) had nowhere near this affect on me. Maybe 13 will have what it takes to renew your love. If not, I'm sure you've got much more in store for you. Congrats on the engagement.
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol
Old 01-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack_Williams
It's HIGHLY understandable with you being engaged and having three children. I'm sure Madden will have to come much bigger to keep your attention. However, for me personally, this is the first year (I want to say since next gen Madden) that I've actually gotten through a franchise season. I'm married with a one month old infant but for some reason, this Madden calls me back as soon as they're both asleep. Past few maddens (I didn't buy M11) had nowhere near this affect on me. Maybe 13 will have what it takes to renew your love. If not, I'm sure you've got much more in store for you. Congrats on the engagement.
I agree with the OP but I think it depends on whether you're playing against the CPU or not and how long it's been since you have played Madden. I haven't been able to get into playing against the CPU and my friends I used to play offline dynasty with on the same console, we now can't get together like that because life happens.

So without a complete online franchise or Live Opponent, there isn't any way for me to get a full years enjoyment from M12. However, my friend, that has always enjoyed playing the CPU in an offline franchise as well as humans and hasn't really played Madden much since M10, seems to be having a late night blast with the game. Evidenced by him being on Xbox Live at 2am, "Playing Franchise" on my friends list and I hate him for it! LOL
Old 01-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

I used to play Madden all year, but not anymore. Now I play Madden for several months until baseball season begins.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Anyone elses love for Madden fading away?
Nope. My love for Madden gets stronger every year although I play far less games than I would like. I think the reason I'm never bored is because I play human beings exclusively. Every game is a different challenge which makes Madden infinitely replayable.

Because of my love of the game, I have learned some marketable skills (web design, graphic art, writing, editing, etc.) to share my love of the game with others (MaddenUniversity.com).

The question is - if your life didn't prohibit you from playing more Madden games, would you?

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12

The replay value to me in Madden is huge. Madden is by far my most played game. Started with 05 on Gamecube, then to the PSP, now to the PS3.

I never play online, and only have done Franchise mode. I believe I have done at least 35 seasons combined between 5 games.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #7
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Madden is pretty much dead for me. Each year I buy the game. I enjoy it for a week or two until I discover all the glaring issues and that's about it. I've started a franchise with Madden 12 five different times and I just can't get past week 6 or 7. By then I am so bored I see no reason to continue on. Also Gus Johnson is so bad and the commentary in general is so bad I have to turn it off, and that detracts from the game for me. I won't be buying another madden game, EA is never going to get this right.

I dusted off the original Xbox the other day and played a few games of NFL Fever 2004 and NFL 2k5 and enjoyed both more then any version of Madden on the 360.

Last edited by JMD; 01-03-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 49

For me personally, madden is just so stale that after a few games I feel like Ive been there and done that for years. Also, all the huge engine flaws stand out. The game is extremely dated and for a title that sells such large numbers every year, IMO they should be ashamed of their efforts.

With as many copies as the Madden series sales every year, there is simply no reason at all not to get the man power to make this game good in a single year of development. IMO they need to do what it takes, they are making a killing every year with roster and minimum upgraded features every single year.

Glad to see there are some that can still enjoy this series. Back in 2001 ps2 this game was untouchable for me. Since 2004/05, it just hasn't competed or looked good for me. I have bought it every year though, so its been 100% my fault for still supporting them every year, I guess. Just dying for a good NFL title like the old days

Last edited by wheelman990; 01-03-2012 at 07:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »