Home

I cant take it anymore

This is a discussion on I cant take it anymore within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: I cant take it anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhsmustang
Hate to say it, but when I see someone selecting custom playbooks I leave. 99% of the time it means that they have labbed most of the plays in the playbook. My philosophy is that if you are picking a team, you get everything that goes with it, playbooks and injuries included.
Glad I don't play online then.

I love making playbooks. I have a bunch of them for my franchise to match the personnel of my teams as they change. Also to bring in different packages, etc. Especially on defense.

Had no idea I'd be considered a "cheater" if I used a custom playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I love making playbooks. I have a bunch of them for my franchise to match the personnel of my teams as they change. Also to bring in different packages, etc. Especially on defense.
Please explain how this translates to existing teams who do not have the same personnel as your franchise?
Old 01-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #27
Banned

rfcunited.com Sim club since 03. You will never play a cheese game online again.

Send the email and sign up. Nevermind the lame intro page....
Old 01-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #28
Banned

Honestly, I hate when people cry like this about the game. Name one thing there is in the game that can't be stopped besides D/C glitches. People cry about supposed "Nano-blitzes" but neglect to use slide protect and/or keeping extra blockers in to buy your QB more time to throw. People complain about players going for it on 4th down (which IMO is the dumbest complaint ever!!) If you are on defense, it is your job to stop the offense!!!!! I find it comical when people constantly go for it on 4th down ( & actually enjoy it because it usually gives my offense GREAT field position) I've read numerous posts from "SIM" players about people running the same play repeatedly. This must be my biggest irritation of all w/ people. Not because of the person running the same play, but because of the person complaining. Instead of saying, "This guy is a cheeser!! He keeps running the same play over & over on me!!" Why not ask, "What can I do to stop this?" or "How is he attacking my D'?" and just adjust accordingly. Same thing w/ the "1-5-5 Shake" which IMO is the weakest excuse for a defense I've ever seen!! (FYI the play is just Prowl Bear Blitz) Its just a zero blitz. Instead of being so wrapped up in the "cheese" of your opponent "Shaking" his LBs, just go to practice mode w/ a 2nd controller & practice attacking the coverage behind the blitz. Its amazing how much time people spend complaining instead of using that time to try to get better at the game. While Madden has its faults: overpowered slants, draw plays & curl routes face-throws, etc. I don't waste time complaining about it or hiding behind the phrase "Nobody plays SIM" because its pointless & IMO a cop-out. Especially when there is no clear-cut definition of what playing "SIM" truly is. For instance, people want a "SIM" game but cry about "Nano-Blitzes" when the average time an NFL QB gets to throw the ball is 3seconds. Which is around the time you'd get from the overloads guys do this year, that "SIM" players classify as cheesy "Nano-Blitzes". The same can be said about the supposed "No Switch" SIM leagues. People say its unrealistic how people can click-on & userpick/catch bad passes. Which again is a pointless arguement IMO. U see WRs break off of their routes to catch passes in EVERY FOOTBALL GAME PLAYED!!! The same with good CBs. So you have to ask yourself, "What is SIM?" I feel like its a crutch people use to hide their lack of Madden skill. I feel like when give yourself that label, you handicap your game. And U can't fault your online opponents from not choosing to do the same.I myself avoid ranked games also. But mostly because I don't enjoy playing on All-Pro. The game is even more dumbed-down on that skill level. I just use them between league games and tournaments to practice new schemes/plays and to keep my usering on point. So please do yourselves a favor & stop crying. Instead of complaining all the time, try spending that time in practice mode or VS the cpu (on ALL-MADDEN) to work on your game. The results may surprise you...
Old 01-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #29
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimreaper256
Honestly, I hate when people cry like this about the game. Name one thing there is in the game that can't be stopped besides D/C glitches. People cry about supposed "Nano-blitzes" but neglect to use slide protect and/or keeping extra blockers in to buy your QB more time to throw. People complain about players going for it on 4th down (which IMO is the dumbest complaint ever!!) If you are on defense, it is your job to stop the offense!!!!! I find it comical when people constantly go for it on 4th down ( & actually enjoy it because it usually gives my offense GREAT field position) I've read numerous posts from "SIM" players about people running the same play repeatedly. This must be my biggest irritation of all w/ people. Not because of the person running the same play, but because of the person complaining. Instead of saying, "This guy is a cheeser!! He keeps running the same play over & over on me!!" Why not ask, "What can I do to stop this?" or "How is he attacking my D'?" and just adjust accordingly. Same thing w/ the "1-5-5 Shake" which IMO is the weakest excuse for a defense I've ever seen!! (FYI the play is just Prowl Bear Blitz) Its just a zero blitz. Instead of being so wrapped up in the "cheese" of your opponent "Shaking" his LBs, just go to practice mode w/ a 2nd controller & practice attacking the coverage behind the blitz. Its amazing how much time people spend complaining instead of using that time to try to get better at the game. While Madden has its faults: overpowered slants, draw plays & curl routes face-throws, etc. I don't waste time complaining about it or hiding behind the phrase "Nobody plays SIM" because its pointless & IMO a cop-out. Especially when there is no clear-cut definition of what playing "SIM" truly is. For instance, people want a "SIM" game but cry about "Nano-Blitzes" when the average time an NFL QB gets to throw the ball is 3seconds. Which is around the time you'd get from the overloads guys do this year, that "SIM" players classify as cheesy "Nano-Blitzes". The same can be said about the supposed "No Switch" SIM leagues. People say its unrealistic how people can click-on & userpick/catch bad passes. Which again is a pointless arguement IMO. U see WRs break off of their routes to catch passes in EVERY FOOTBALL GAME PLAYED!!! The same with good CBs. So you have to ask yourself, "What is SIM?" I feel like its a crutch people use to hide their lack of Madden skill. I feel like when give yourself that label, you handicap your game. And U can't fault your online opponents from not choosing to do the same.I myself avoid ranked games also. But mostly because I don't enjoy playing on All-Pro. The game is even more dumbed-down on that skill level. I just use them between league games and tournaments to practice new schemes/plays and to keep my usering on point. So please do yourselves a favor & stop crying. Instead of complaining all the time, try spending that time in practice mode or VS the cpu (on ALL-MADDEN) to work on your game. The results may surprise you...
I honestly "hate" when people totally miss the point like this.

Winning or losing often has very little, if anything to do with what people are "crying" about. It's just not fun or enjoyable for them to play, win or lose against this repetitive crap. If I played tic tac toe against somebody that did the exact same thing every time, of course beating them would be a given but it would be boring as watching paint dry after the 3rd game at best.

If you find enjoyment and a feeling of strategic accomplishment in countering repetitive often unnaturally represented "tactics" in Madden, just because you win, that's cool for you. However some people aren't just satisfied with repeatedly winning a battle of NFL wits against seemingly unarmed opponents.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 01-09-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I agree. No one mentioned winning or losing. I almost always beat these people, but it is not challenging if you get the ball at their 35 every time, and can guess the next play because it never changes
Old 01-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #31
Banned

Cool Re: I cant take it anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal

Winning or losing often has very little, if anything to do with what people are "crying" about. It's just not fun or enjoyable for them to play, win or lose against this repetitive crap. If I played tic tac toe against somebody that did the exact same thing every time, of course beating them would be a given but it would be boring as watching paint dry after the 3rd game at best.

If you find enjoyment and a feeling of strategic accomplishment in countering repetitive often unnaturally represented "tactics" in Madden, just because you win, that's cool for you. However some people aren't just satisfied with repeatedly winning a battle of NFL wits against seemingly unarmed opponents.
Obviously you only read my post to try to find an argument. The game is repetitive no matter who you play. Seeing how most of the playbooks have the same core plays. My post was at EVERYOBDY trying to hide behind the "SIM" facade. From the guys who refuse to adjust to their opponents, to the guys who back out of matches because their opponent uses a custom playbook. It still boils down to adjustments & user-skill. Which alotta supposed "SIM" guys seem to lack. Being beaten by the same play over & over, is not the fault of your opponent. And honestly, if U show that U can't stop something, why the hell should your opponent stop doing it? How is that "SIM"? How is that good football strategy? I saw the Broncos run the same option scheme damn near EVERY Offensive drive & beat the Steelers. But I guess that's not playing SIM. The Packers throw "Back Shoulder throws" 80% of the game, but I guess that's cheesing. The Patriots run no huddle outside of the "2 Min Drill" & also audible down so players aren't in their natural position (i.e Gronkowski lining up in the backfield @ RB & running the ball). I guess that's not realistic. I'm pretty sure their opponents didn't find it fun to defend either. Did they run to another league? Did they say "We're not gonna play those teams because they don't play fair"? No. They look for ways to defend it, so if they see it again they'll be prepared. Whining & complaining isn't what NFL teams do. That, if anything, isn't "SIM". So don't give me that nonsense about not playing VS dumb or cheesy opposition. If they were so dumb, people wouldn't be crying about losing to them. Its not a thing of not having a challenge alotta supposed "SIM" guys are against, its just they'd rather complain than adjust. Because complaining is easier. I personally could care less how my opponent plays. I either win or lose. And since everything has a counter, the enjoyment comes in adjusting to my opponent & exploiting their weaknesses (which is the attitude of the REAL NFL)

Last edited by Slimreaper256; 01-09-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #32
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimreaper256
*snip*
This is a pointless comment. Certain things can be stopped yes, but other cannot because this is a game with a programmed AI. This means the AI will only do one thing everytime if the situation is the same, disregarding other variables.

Gaming the AI does not holes in programming. The complaint on "nanos" was not that they happened but that regardless of slide protection the mike LB got through everytime and way too quick.

As for the going for it on 4th complaint. I would love it if people did this against me, if defensive playcalling actually meant something. As is I and anybody else can still throw over the middle on a cover 2 or 3 with a few yards of seperation and complete it. The reason is because there is no reason to fear a drop. Forcing a drop is near impossible in game. Regardless of timing and ratings.

As is, the AI will not play defense except in the gamiest of ways. Lets say its fourth and 5, and a guy runs Slot Outs on my Cover 3. Now his deep routes are in 1v1 with a safty in the middle. His out routes have a small window before the flat zone DBs cover them. This leads us to the RB running his angled route over the middle vs my 2 curl zones.

More often than not, neither of these two zones will come down to play this guy short despite the short yardage situation. Instead they will hang back, and let this guy pick up 5-10 yards. He could do this versus man, cover 2 or any other defense. The zones still dont react correctly to the situation at hand.

Also another complaint I saw was regarding uniforms. My only question is why the standard white-color rule does not apply. Home team chooses uniforms first. Other teams choices are then limited based on that choice. Yet something that simply is missing.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

Last edited by Kaiser Wilhelm; 01-09-2012 at 01:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »