Home

Madden NFL 12 mirror sim to NFL regular season(?)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 mirror sim to NFL regular season(?) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 12 mirror sim to NFL regular season(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPEWV
UPDATE:

The NFO gimmick didn't work. Apparently with further reading it seems to possibly be a limitation from the game itself and not the PS3.

Sounds like I'm going to have to do this on my own hehe.
SO with that said, any tips haha?
Sorry to hear that. I guess there's a reason for it, but if anyone knows the reason I'd like to know, seems kind of silly to limit that stuff, especially since EASports really was marketing full-control this year. Though maybe it's just a glitch.

As far as tips, make sure when you create the franchise, sim the preseason and then before starting the season check the player mgt and depth charts to see if you have to add players that got cut back to teams. Once you got the rosters to your liking, make sure you save the franchise with two different files. One file you will use to play/sim the season with realistic wins. Leave the other file alone for now.

I'd recommend having access to the nfl.com schedule while doing this for the results and scores if you wish. Sim or play the game-by-game each week - I found that after 4-5 sims I'd get the correct winner. Once the game you are on gets the correct winner - save the franchise. I did it game by game, double checking the winner and saving the franchise. Once I completed a week, I double checked the week and once confirmed all victors were correct I saved both franchises and then started with week two and so forth.

Just make sure you leave one file with the previous week complete and the current week open so if make a mistake you're only one week back.

Advice - if you have to play a game to get the mirrored result - don't hesitate to switch back and forth with both teams. If it turns out you're not going to get the winner you want - don't wait til the end of the game, find a point in the game where the "Restart Game" option is available and start over. I recommend not doing real scores your first try, but it's really how much time you want to spend on it.

I'm going to see if I can figure out if there's something else on my end I can do to get the file to work, as it really seems weird. I'll let you know if I find anything.

Gl on the attempt. If you complete this, we can try and see if I can load your file.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im on Week 9 right now, its been interesting to say the least. But considering I started this morning I'm doing OK
The files between Roster & Franchise have to be different types of saves, meaning that one allows for movement between games/users, and Franchise saves dont. After an hour or so of looking for an answer or fix I just moved onto my own. It's got the records correct as of now, and my rosters seem to be on point, but yeah, pain in the rear.
Ill stay tuned to see if you find any way around the issue, hopefully other people join in this, we cant possibly be the only people wandering OS looking for accurate Offline Franchise help haha

Last edited by HYPEWV; 01-07-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Made some progress
Old 01-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #11
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I used to do something like this and I played a majority of the games. Took until about June to finish though.

Since you're stuck with opening day rosters, there are often missing players who show up during the year. I used to just edit guys on the free agent list to create the new guys.

Last edited by Palo20; 01-07-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #12
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Trying to do this, I'm not going to focus on trying to make all the stats match up and I'll just do quick 3-5 minute games in order to get through all the games faster and be the team who won in order to match all the wins and losses record.

I just hope the playoff seeding don't get mixed up, but I have a feeling it will since this game doesn't know how the seeding works and even if the seeding was right it never sends a team to the correct opponent. I tried it on Madden 11 and somehow in the NFC, instead of sending Green Bay to the 1 Seeded Falcons, it sent them to the 2 seed!
Old 01-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I used to do something like this and I played a majority of the games. Took until about June to finish though.

Since you're stuck with opening day rosters, there are often missing players who show up during the year. I used to just edit guys on the free agent list to create the new guys.
Actually it hasn't taken me that long, maybe a week or so off and on. I didn't worry about scores/stats, just division winners and records.

Not stuck with OD rosters, the rosters are pretty accurate, just don't have Jeff Garcia and had to manually release Edwards from SF. I'm sure there's other things I missed, but not going to worry about it. I think it's week 15-16 rosters. Trying it again with current rosters is taking me forever. Started last night and am only on week 2.

So I'm using the the week 15-16 roster franchise as I mentioned above and the Texans keep getting paired with the Patriots. Houston will eventually be paired correctly with Baltimore but it takes multiple simulating the game. I'd play the game, but I'm not going to waste time playing it when the likelihood of the matchup for the next round will be wrong. It would be nice if this gets corrected as it seems like a glitch because it only seems to happen with the AFC. lol.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well, I made it to the Divisional Round of the Playoffs. In total, it took me 10 hours to sim each game individually to get the results I wanted. I didn't worry about stats either, but what was interesting is that all the way up until his loss to the Chiefs, Rodgers was in the lead for MVP, Brees, then Brady. But, proving Madden is secretly a Brady mark, he swept in and won MVP, Off POTY AND Best QB, with Rodgers and Brees following suit behind him.
I also seem to have gotten lucky, as my simulation of the wild card games has given me the exact same Divisional round schedule as the NFL has (Broncos @ Patriots, Giants @ Packers, Texans @ Ravens, Saints @ 49ers.) I'm not sure if this was just luck of the draw or not, but pretty happy that it happened that way. The only thing it messed up on was the times of the games, which isn't a major issue obviously.
I did all of this using the Week 17 Roster update. The only thing Im kicking myself for at this point is that I didn't do a 32 team sim, only Oakland & the Colts. Oakland I used because their my team, and the Colts so they wouldn't just put Peyton back in the Depth Chart. But what I messed up on by not doing a 32 team sim was the Texans actually cut Yates in the Pre-Season, and have been using Schaub, Jeff Garcia and Jake Delhomme. But by the time I realized it I was at Week 14 and said screw it.
My only dilemma now is if I want to just sim the rest out or see what actually happens this weekend.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #15
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Well I'm starting a Franchise today in order to get the results to mirror the NFL Season. Right now I'm trying to get by the dreaded player cuts(which shouldn't be in Year 1) for each and every team in order to make sure the rosters stay accurate to the latest roster update. The only difference is that I have adjusted the roster to match opening day, I put Kyle Orton and Brandon Lloyd back on the Broncos, Palmer is back in Cincy, Derrick Mason is back in New York, this way the rosters start accurate and I'll adjust as weeks go by to be as accurate as possible.

I have a up to date Draft Class to import to have something close to the 2012 Draft, I have it set at 4 minute quarters, I'm going to play each game to ensure getting the correct result. Right now I'm just trying to get through the player cuts so I can get started.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPEWV
Well, I made it to the Divisional Round of the Playoffs. In total, it took me 10 hours to sim each game individually to get the results I wanted. I didn't worry about stats either, but what was interesting is that all the way up until his loss to the Chiefs, Rodgers was in the lead for MVP, Brees, then Brady. But, proving Madden is secretly a Brady mark, he swept in and won MVP, Off POTY AND Best QB, with Rodgers and Brees following suit behind him.
I also seem to have gotten lucky, as my simulation of the wild card games has given me the exact same Divisional round schedule as the NFL has (Broncos @ Patriots, Giants @ Packers, Texans @ Ravens, Saints @ 49ers.) I'm not sure if this was just luck of the draw or not, but pretty happy that it happened that way. The only thing it messed up on was the times of the games, which isn't a major issue obviously.
I did all of this using the Week 17 Roster update. The only thing Im kicking myself for at this point is that I didn't do a 32 team sim, only Oakland & the Colts. Oakland I used because their my team, and the Colts so they wouldn't just put Peyton back in the Depth Chart. But what I messed up on by not doing a 32 team sim was the Texans actually cut Yates in the Pre-Season, and have been using Schaub, Jeff Garcia and Jake Delhomme. But by the time I realized it I was at Week 14 and said screw it.
My only dilemma now is if I want to just sim the rest out or see what actually happens this weekend.
Cool, I took a few days off on this game, so I'm still only rounding out on week 3.

I'm not worrying about scores.

The issue with the playoff matchup for me seems to be a glitch with the standings. Because the older sim with the week 15/16 rosters lists the AFC standings:

1. Z-Patriots (13-3)
2. Y-Ravens (12-4)
3. X-Steelers (12-4)
4. Y-Texans (10-6)
5. X-Bengals (9-7)
6. Titans (9-7)
7. Y-Broncos (9-7)

It has all the Wildcard matchups correct, just has the Sundays games flip-flopped in regards to start time, but not a big deal.

But I've tested out the Wildcard round and with the Texans beating the Bengals, if I sim & the Steelers win, Pittsburgh is paired (incorrectly) with Baltimore. If I sim and Broncos wins, Denver is paired (correctly)with New England.

I've been trying to sim it where the Steelers win and see if it pairs them correctly with New England, so far I don't think it's happened except maybe once.

It has the NFC listed with all playoff teams 1-6, but division the order is by record, but there's no screw up...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »