Home

How do you stop Michael Vick?

This is a discussion on How do you stop Michael Vick? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: How do you stop Michael Vick?

46 defense, speed package, spy qb with the speed player ( cornerback playing linebacker)

User control this player, should be able to keep up with vick.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

theres ways to stop vick but it is really hard.
i usually send a blitz from the outside and up the middle
pitt defense playbook shuts it down really good
Old 01-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I usually run a cover three, edge rush, change a hook zone to a spy and control the other hook zone and cover the middle routes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #12
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I used to use Vick and the Eagles from time to time in M11 when I wasn't using my 49ers or Patriots. I had a lot of fun running the NE playbook with Vick. Lots of interesting short passing plays like Brady throws with some deep options to Jackson.

It was really fun to watch players on defense start the game running spies and containment as I pick them apart in the short and mid range passing game Brady style. Then, as they began to adjust and saw I wasn't even trying to run with Vick... I would take off. One game I only ran three times, each for a 40+ yard TD.

To stop Vick, I say you should first try and just play lots of zone blitzes. Try to user control a player on the opposite side that you are sending pressure. Let the AI try and blitz him while you user contain/cover the "weak side." That should flush him to you and it's up to you to make the play. Also, mix up your zone blitz coverages and remember to flip plays to give different looks.

You may have to accept that you can't really stop it. You just have to try and score with them. Eat the clock. Limit his possessions. Try to force that one crucial mistake to turn the game in your favor. A simple tempo trick is to defer the opening kick off. You want to try and have the last drive of the first half and then get the ball right back after halftime. That can really change the tempo of the game. You don't have to win by 21. You only have to win by 1.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
It was really fun to watch players on defense start the game running spies and containment as I pick them apart in the short and mid range passing game Brady style. Then, as they began to adjust and saw I wasn't even trying to run with Vick... I would take off. One game I only ran three times, each for a 40+ yard TD.

To stop Vick, I say you should first try and just play lots of zone blitzes. Try to user control a player on the opposite side that you are sending pressure. Let the AI try and blitz him while you user contain/cover the "weak side." That should flush him to you and it's up to you to make the play. Also, mix up your zone blitz coverages and remember to flip plays to give different looks.

You may have to accept that you can't really stop it. You just have to try and score with them. Eat the clock. Limit his possessions. Try to force that one crucial mistake to turn the game in your favor. A simple tempo trick is to defer the opening kick off. You want to try and have the last drive of the first half and then get the ball right back after halftime. That can really change the tempo of the game. You don't have to win by 21. You only have to win by 1.
YES!!! Good advice.

To the OP, read this: De-Scrambling the Quarterback

The key is to stay away from the most popular base defenses... I like to use one more DB than I normally would just to have the added speed. I also like to use different players to watch the QB as the game goes on. Practically everyone will eyeball him at least once.

hope this helps,

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »