Home

Hot routing post routes possible after all?

This is a discussion on Hot routing post routes possible after all? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2012, 06:20 AM   #1
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8
Hot routing post routes possible after all?

So I've noticed a few pretty good players hot routing what appears to be post routes (which isn't supposed to be possible). However, if they get asked about it they act like they don't even know what you are saying - to the point the question can't be even asked directly because they act SO oblivious to what you are saying it is honestly somewhat stupid.

There are a few videos out there of players accidentally doing it while recording without thinking about it - IE the play has no post patterns and suddenly it does etc.

Someone please tell me if I am grossly uninformed and this mysteriously became possible and escaped my notice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2012, 06:25 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Hot routing post routes possible after all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
So I've noticed a few pretty good players hot routing what appears to be post routes (which isn't supposed to be possible). However, if they get asked about it they act like they don't even know what you are saying - to the point the question can't be even asked directly because they act SO oblivious to what you are saying it is honestly somewhat stupid.

There are a few videos out there of players accidentally doing it while recording without thinking about it - IE the play has no post patterns and suddenly it does etc.

Someone please tell me if I am grossly uninformed and this mysteriously became possible and escaped my notice.
are you talking about a slant with the cut at the first down marker(cant remember button name)
Old 01-04-2012, 06:43 AM   #3
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

A post is a pattern where the receiver runs a streak for 10-20 yards and then slants at a 45 degree angle or so for the last half of the pattern.

There are tons of them in playbooks in various plays, but afaik you can't hot route to them (which makes them "valuable").
Old 01-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #4
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
A post is a pattern where the receiver runs a streak for 10-20 yards and then slants at a 45 degree angle or so for the last half of the pattern.

There are tons of them in playbooks in various plays, but afaik you can't hot route to them (which makes them "valuable").
I can turn a streak into a post patern by using the left sitcjk while passing the ball. That is all I can think of to make this happen.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
Rookie

JDoze's Arena

OVR: 3

maybe they are smart routing a quick slant? I know you could do this years ago, I haven't tried it in a while though. This could make it look like a post route.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoze
maybe they are smart routing a quick slant? I know you could do this years ago, I haven't tried it in a while though. This could make it look like a post route.
you could still do it before the patch but now cant
Old 01-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

I've definitely seen a player change a curl into a straight up post pattern. Honestly i assume it is a glitch that only certain players know about.

If I hadn't seen it on video multiple times and from that player multiple times I would have dismissed it - IE that I was simply mistaken. Seems like one of these things we will hear about eventually when someone lets it slip in the future. Often times competitive/top players in games know about advantageous bugs etc for months or years before the community does.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
I've definitely seen a player change a curl into a straight up post pattern. Honestly i assume it is a glitch that only certain players know about.

If I hadn't seen it on video multiple times and from that player multiple times I would have dismissed it - IE that I was simply mistaken. Seems like one of these things we will hear about eventually when someone lets it slip in the future. Often times competitive/top players in games know about advantageous bugs etc for months or years before the community does.
Can you link to the video?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »