Home

The FS Does NOT play any role in madden 12

This is a discussion on The FS Does NOT play any role in madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5
The FS Does NOT play any role in madden 12

I have simmed over 20 some seasons using default sliders, most of the created sliders including coach schemes with what was posted and even tried every other possible setting there is for scheme and out of all the seasons not a single time has a FS reached more than 80 tackles on maybe 4 reached more than 40, most SS didnt even reach very high with a average of 55 tackles in a season. I used same team everytime the 49ers and not once did Goldson have more than 18 tackles in a season. The mechanics of this game are so bad I give up on Madden all together Its not worth me putting in the time for a good season just to have that crap happen every year and even If I do play every game and do rack up the tackles which is the only way to do it the cpu players are still screwed making players go down. Test this for yourself, I also figured out the only way to get sacks or should I say a decent amount is if you have a player that has the Pass Rush Role unless you control them. What A JOKE EA. Maybe you should put some real time in your games and have real fans make the damn game instead of greedy no physic developers and testers!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: The FS Does NOT play any role in madden 12

Check my thread in the roster forum - We're working on this
Old 01-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

That must be something with the simmed games because my FS had 102 tackles last season and 92 tackles this season. Some safeties don't get a lot of tackles because they're not as involved in the run defense. Safeties who play ''in the box'' a lot will usually have 90+ tackles while coverage guys will usually have like in the 60 - 70 range. It also depends how many tackles your front seven is racking up. If your safeties have a lot of tackles, it means the guys up front are having problems.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
That must be something with the simmed games because my FS had 102 tackles last season and 92 tackles this season. Some safeties don't get a lot of tackles because they're not as involved in the run defense. Safeties who play ''in the box'' a lot will usually have 90+ tackles while coverage guys will usually have like in the 60 - 70 range. It also depends how many tackles your front seven is racking up. If your safeties have a lot of tackles, it means the guys up front are having problems.

Yeah, my safeties rack up tackles too. I've had Ed Reed in my top 3 tackles and in my TB franchise, they get the tackles as the come up in run support.

70-80 is usually a pretty safe bet for my S's - about 5 per game.

Goldson had 6 in the last game I played as the 49ers. That's a pace of 96 a season.

A safety getting just 1 maybe 2 tackles per game? I'd scream. Luckily I don't have that issue *knocks wood*
Old 01-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

My Panthers DLine isnt the best so my LBs and Safeties are getting heaps of tackles. Charles Godfrey gets atleast 70 and Sherrod Martin gets about 50 or more each year. Gets a few picks too because i usually play 1 deep safety with Godfrey roaming like what Polamalu does in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 04:11 AM   #6
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

The game isn't perfect by any stretch, but your problem isn't the game in this instance, it is, as people have mentioned, your front 7.

You have Smith, McDonald, Sapoaga, Willis, Bowman, Harylson, Smith and Brooks in front of Goldson.

That's why he isn't getting tackles.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Goldson has 64 tackles in real life this season.

That's 4 per game. If you're getting that out of him, you're right on target, imo.

I actually got too many - probably because the AI throws too much.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Something I noticed about FS alignment is that the FS plays really far back in cover 1/3 shells. Granted, you want him to play deep there, but he plays further back than what looks normal to me, which makes it less likely that he'll get to the ball.

There are other factors, of course, but I think something about the game's default alignment of the position could be a factor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »