Home

Sage Rosenfels the boss?

This is a discussion on Sage Rosenfels the boss? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

OVR: 3
Sage Rosenfels the boss?

Wow, just wow. I was doing a Titans chise, I cut Hasselbeck as my plan was to start locker and get his feet wet to nfl action and I didn't want Hasselbeck's 7 mil counting against my cap. So I get through the first 9 games of the season and we're 5-4 and leading the division. The success is mostly despite lockers play as he has been pretty bad. I'm playing on all madden sliders and had been winning thanks to my defense and running game. Chris Johnson was on pace for a 1700 yard season and my defense was led by Cameron Wake (traded for him in preseason). Locker though, was bad, through 9 games he had 1500 yards passing, 7 td's and 17 int's with only a 51 completion percentage. His rushing numbers were respectable though with 250 and 5 td's but nonetheless I was winning despite him, not cause of him. In my 10th game against the Falcons, Locker went down with an abdominal tear, he was out for the rest of the game and the next 2. So in steps my backup qb Chris Simms who proceeds to absolutely hand the game to the falcons. Never have I played worse with a qb, his stats made locker's look good. I got completely trashed by the Falcons and was knocked down to 5-5 and tied with the Colts for the division lead. The Colts were plagued with injuries to some stars and I knew I had a legit chance to steal the division but I'd need to keep winning even without Locker and Simms clearly wasn't going to help me do that so i went into free agency and nabbed Sage Rosenfels, only a 85 thp but and 86 short acc and an 85 med acc. Rosenfels proceeds to tear it up over the next 2 games, and I mean torch it. Each game he goes over 300 yards with 3 td's, completion percentage near 70 and a qb rating over 100 in each game. I win both games (feels good to actually go out and attack to win rather than just grinding wins out) and Locker comes back from injury for my next game against the Saints but I stick with the hot hand in Rosenfels. We proceed to beat the Saints 35-33 and another great game by Rosenfels, the next week we hammer the Colts to improve to 9-5 and clinch the division. I've got 2 games left and am fighting for home field advantage. But I'm also left wondering what to do about Rosenfels, the guy is playing possesed. He's only 33 years old which isn't old at all for a qb, I might have a controversy on my hands beyond this season (rosenfels is my starter the rest of the current season)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Sage Rosenfels the boss?

Yea I would see if Sage's ratings drop much over the off season and how much Locker improved. If Locker doesn't see a big improvement in ratings then I would have him sit next year. Hopefully after 2 seasons in the NFL, Locker will develope into a nice quarterback for you.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Same happened with me in an online franchise. I was the Giants and I traded Eli Manning away because he was massively overpaid for his level of play I was getting from him. I got like a 2nd and 3rd rounder for him. I had picked up Nate Davis who needed ample time to progress and I was left with Sage Rosenfels.

Now I wouldn't say Rosenfels was a game changer for me but I put up some decent numbers with him. I ended up going like 5-11 because I had traded a bunch of overpaid aging vets for draft picks and when Hakeem Nicks wasn't injured Mario Manningham was. Even with the injuries Sage almost single handedly got me a few key wins. The biggest one being defeating the undefeated 9-0 Eagles.

Sadly after the season he regressed so I picked up a rookie QB and have Nate Davis as my back up but Sage is a hell of a player with only C potential. His overall is very misleading.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

Definitely, his awareness is low which is a big contributor to his low ovr but that really only affects sim
Old 01-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by legenddt
Definitely, his awareness is low which is a big contributor to his low ovr but that really only affects sim
That is completely wrong. Awareness plays a huge role in how a user QB throws the ball.

After an incredible 2012 season ends with a Super Bowl win, Hope Turner and her Vikings are trying to prove that their performance was more than just a one-shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #6
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
That is completely wrong. Awareness plays a huge role in how a user QB throws the ball.
Care to explain it then? I personally haven't noticed this but if its true can you tell me what it does?
Old 01-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by legenddt
Care to explain it then? I personally haven't noticed this but if its true can you tell me what it does?
Awareness plays a huge role in ball placement, especially when there are defenders involved. There are videos out there analysing it, a QB with high awareness is more likely to hit his receiver in stride and to correctly anticipate routes, and is less likely to throw what I like to call "autopicks", as in passes that are thrown straight at the defender.

After an incredible 2012 season ends with a Super Bowl win, Hope Turner and her Vikings are trying to prove that their performance was more than just a one-shot.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #8
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Awareness plays a huge role in ball placement, especially when there are defenders involved. There are videos out there analysing it, a QB with high awareness is more likely to hit his receiver in stride and to correctly anticipate routes, and is less likely to throw what I like to call "autopicks", as in passes that are thrown straight at the defender.
Thanks, much appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »