Home

Will player movement be corrected in 2013?

This is a discussion on Will player movement be corrected in 2013? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Will player movement be corrected in 2013?

Ok gents. I've run across a strip of "duct tape" to somewhat alleviate this issue. Not perfect, but leagues better. It's the agility thats causing it all. Only thing we need now is a global editor for mass edits.

I've dropped agility down to 0 for every player and it makes the avatars feel as if they actually have weight again. Somewhat reminds me of the ps2 games with a graphics upgrade.

This, in conjunction with the "edits to fix up this game" thread in the rosters section just put madden back on my daily to do list. I'm good now, hope this helps. It's still going to be a pain in the butt trying to edit every single player in the game lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Will player movement be corrected in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim Easy
Ok gents. I've run across a strip of "duct tape" to somewhat alleviate this issue. Not perfect, but leagues better. It's the agility thats causing it all. Only thing we need now is a global editor for mass edits.

I've dropped agility down to 0 for every player and it makes the avatars feel as if they actually have weight again. Somewhat reminds me of the ps2 games with a graphics upgrade.

This, in conjunction with the "edits to fix up this game" thread in the rosters section just put madden back on my daily to do list. I'm good now, hope this helps. It's still going to be a pain in the butt trying to edit every single player in the game lol.
It seems like the actual game isn't that bad. It's just the numbers are totally screwed up, if that distinction makes sense. EA created an engine that could do a reasonable job of replicating football. They just need to patch a few coefficients and that would do the same job as these global AGI edits.

This story gets really bizarre when you remember that tuner sets became a "feature" this year for this exact fricking reason. All these issues we moan about in thread after thread - finesses vs. power moves, turning on a dime, ball trajectory, jumping, psychic DBs - are all math issues that could be fixed (debatable in some cases, but please God, no TNT telling me ball trajectory is awesome) without a full patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »