Home

Team Loses = Cant Play Madden anymore??

This is a discussion on Team Loses = Cant Play Madden anymore?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #9
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Team Loses = Cant Play Madden anymore??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemChief
Your boys were banged up, banged up, banged up. Really, I'm thinking far more than MT and the team were letting on. Big Ben, tough as nails, was a sitting duck in the pocket. He couldn't move, and I could tell (as a former QB) that it hurt Ben every time he put weight on that ankle.

It bugs me that so much credit was given to Tebow, when the upshot is that the Steelers plowed through the season in an ironman division, and got chewed up in the process. Tebow DID NOT FACE a healthy Steelers defense OR offense.

I know it hurts, dude. Believe me, I feel Chiefs pain--no playoff win since 1994. But I watched that whole game, grinding my teeth at the Broncos (no dis' to Broncos fans--I'm a CHIEFS homey), and could only admire the way a beaten-up Steelers team fought when they were crippled.

Head up high, brother. Your Steel Town Crew is still one of the absolute class organizations of the NFL. They WILL be back. All of us who are fans of other teams know it. The Steelers will ALWAYS be in the hunt.

Fire up Madden, go to your team, and file through the roster. Salute 'em. They fought.
We'll def be back albeit with an even-more aging defense..Our O-line better be improved or Ben we'll be in this same position next year......i been preaching for better CB's since forever and yet i still see the same scrubs game after game....That's been the weak link of our team(along with O-line) for a while yet it goes unnoticed......
Old 01-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #10
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah, that D is aging. Too many over 30's. And Hines is headed for his last round-up. I will miss him when he retires; a great, great all-around player. Blocked like a lineman. I'll never forget that TD catch in the Cowher SB win. Hines willed that team to a win with that comeback-to-the-throw catch.

Changes a'comin', no doubt, for the black-and-gold.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Your boys were banged up, banged up, banged up. Really, I'm thinking far more than MT and the team were letting on. Big Ben, tough as nails, was a sitting duck in the pocket. He couldn't move, and I could tell (as a former QB) that it hurt Ben every time he put weight on that ankle.

It bugs me that so much credit was given to Tebow, when the upshot is that the Steelers plowed through the season in an ironman division, and got chewed up in the process. Tebow DID NOT FACE a healthy Steelers defense OR offense.

I know it hurts, dude. Believe me, I feel Chiefs pain--no playoff win since 1994. But I watched that whole game, grinding my teeth at the Broncos (no dis' to Broncos fans--I'm a CHIEFS homey), and could only admire the way a beaten-up Steelers team fought when they were crippled.

Head up high, brother. Your Steel Town Crew is still one of the absolute class organizations of the NFL. They WILL be back. All of us who are fans of other teams know it. The Steelers will ALWAYS be in the hunt.

Fire up Madden, go to your team, and file through the roster. Salute 'em. They fought.
Salem bro...u are so right....no starting d linemen in the game 2 olinemen hurt saftey and running back and a 1 legged QB...

This post really made me feel good...so much that if u do not mind i am going to share it with some of my friends....

thanks man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #12
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, that D is aging. Too many over 30's. And Hines is headed for his last round-up. I will miss him when he retires; a great, great all-around player. Blocked like a lineman. I'll never forget that TD catch in the Cowher SB win. Hines willed that team to a win with that comeback-to-the-throw catch.

Changes a'comin', no doubt, for the black-and-gold.
Love Hines but he's the odd-man out unless he wants to come back as the 4th receiver...I don't mind changes but most of the attention needs to be focused shoring up the O-line and CB's....
Old 01-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #13
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by agidio3
Salem bro...u are so right....no starting d linemen in the game 2 olinemen hurt saftey and running back and a 1 legged QB...

This post really made me feel good...so much that if u do not mind i am going to share it with some of my friends....

thanks man!
funny thing is, if they coulda gotten 10-15 yards at the end of regulation and connected on a FG, this thread wouldn't exist
Old 01-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #14
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by agidio3

thanks man!
Absolutely, agidio. Share it. This lifelong Chiefs fan bows his head in humble respect to one of the greatest franchises and fanbases in all of sports. And I got plenty of evidence to back that up. Proud of the way the they hung in there. Don't let any "sour grapes" haters try to buffalo you that the Steelers lost that game straight up. A healthy Steelers team, and I think the outcome would have been quite different.

But hey, I'm veering close to 'dis of the Broncos. A win is a win, and I respect Tebow (wish the media would leave him alone), but I'm thinkin' Wild Bill is drawing up some serious pain tonight for Tim, DT, and co.

You watch. Mike will have the Steelers contending again, and the mad old genius LeBeau will be making life miserable for Flacco, McCoy, and Dalton once again!

Dude--SERIOUSLY. How can you be a football fan and NOT admire and respect the Black and Gold? I ask you, HOW???
Old 01-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #15
Rookie

NCAAFootballFreak's Arena

OVR: 5

Ah, just get out there and play. It could be worse. You could be a Cowboys fan.

*This is coming from a lifelong Cowboys fan, so don't label me a *****. I'm just calling it like it is.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #16
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAAFootballFreak
Ah, just get out there and play. It could be worse. You could be a Cowboys fan.

*This is coming from a lifelong Cowboys fan, so don't label me a *****. I'm just calling it like it is.*
Could be worse. Could be a Bills fan and watch every year, seeing the bright spots, and then watching them sink like a ship from injuries.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »