Home

Madden Feedback Needed: Name Your Team's Stadium Music

This is a discussion on Madden Feedback Needed: Name Your Team's Stadium Music within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #25
Rookie

chen_sc's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden Feedback Needed: Name Your Team's Stadium Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightz
In addition to the above, the Chargers fire a cannon after every score. And I believe the "San Diego Super Chargers" song is played randomly.
please re-make the cannon shots sound...madden 12 doesn't have it at all, but in madden 11 the cannon shots didn't sound like they sound in reality...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #26
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
The Steelers use Renegade by Styx.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0
Renegade by the Steelers gets fans crazed more than any song in a stadium I've ever seen. Show at various points in the fourth quarter as decided by the sound manager

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgz7-4rB8eA&feature=related
Old 01-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #28
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

Giants Season Ticket Holder--Here we go:

Pre-Intro: Before video, they play "Wake Up" by Rage Against the Machine as the players walk through the tunnels and tap the NY Giant Pride sign
Intro: Giants run out (after intro video) to "Written in the Stars" by Tinie Tempah (earlier in the year, was "Run This Town" by Jay-Z feat. Rihanna)
Kickoff: "Hell's Bells" by AC/DC (only plays one bell before guitar comes in)
Touchdown: "Back in the New York Groove" by Ace Frehley (also played again after extra points)
Sack: Intro riff from "Lean Back" by Fat Joe
Other Songs: "Victory" by P. Diddy feat. Notorious BIG and Busta Rhymes, "Hypnotize" by Notorious BIG, "Jump Around" by House of Pain (always played during the fourth quarter)
Sounds: Homer Simpson's "Doh!" when opposing team commits a foul, some guy laughing and saying "Yeah baby, yeah" when receivers catch the ball (possibly a certain one), salsa music playing on certain catches by Victor Cruz

I'll try to remember some more, especially the random stoppage-in-play songs.

Question: Is there any way the official team videos (like this) for each team could be shown on screen before the home team runs out? I think that's the single biggest thing that builds up the atmosphere in the stadium, and really drives the crowd right before the team runs out.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #29
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Chicago Bears(Been to every game but one the past 4 years)
Any Kickoff -
1) If Devin Hester is back to return (Soulja Boy Tell' em-Crank That)
2) If the Bears kick off (Metallica-From Whom the Bell Tolls)

Bears Touchdown/Field Goal as well - Bear Down Chicago Bears

Bears First Down- PA Announcer example: "Matt Fore gains two yards for a CHICAGO BEARS FIRST DOWN!!"

End of Game Bears Victory - Bear Down Chicago Bears

Timeout- PA: "There's a timeout" crowd responds "Where?" PA: "On the field" Crowd responds "ohhhhhh"

Other- "Lets Go Bears" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GMIF...eature=related
This is played usually when the Bears are playing on defense and need a "pick me up" so in redzone/3rd down situations where they need a stop.

Bear Down Chicago Bears http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGNs7Xsql8w
Soulja Boy Tell- em-Crank That http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UFIYGkROII&ob=av2e
Metallica-From Whom The Bell tolls http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK7Z91voAI4

Last edited by Kevin26385; 01-12-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #30
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

i like this thread. i just rented 2012 from gamefly and the audio sucks. this stuff right here is what's needed. good job, chase.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Patriots:

Touchdown: This is our house
Kickoff: For those about to rock/Sandman
Before defensive drive: welcome to the jungle(sometimes)

Ya thats all i can really tell you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #32
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Buffalo Bills - Ralph Wilson Stadium (additional thanks to OS user jbd345)

Kickoffs: "Seven Nation Army" - The White Stripes (fans chant along, see: Italian National Soccer Team, 2006)

Touchdowns: "Black Betty" - Ram Jam. Starts immediately from the trademark guitar riff, I believe, then goes into the verse before the extra point. PA announces details of touchdown (yardage gained, player name/number, et cetera) while song plays.

Away Team's Offense Before Third Down: The sound of a boxing bell tolling, but mostly silence on the PA other than "third down, (team name) at the ____ yard line". Mainly done for fan cheers/chants which normally begin to swell immediately after the aforementioned announcement.

Notable "Generic" Stoppage Songs I've Heard: "Slaughtered" - Pantera, "Shipping Off to Boston" - Dropkick Murphys, HEAVY reliance on classic rock including some guitar instrumentals from the likes of Joe Satriani, along with top 40 pop ("Party Rock Anthem" et. al.) Pretty straightforward and unimpressive.

Kickoff Returns: Not sure if they use it anymore, but the public address played the sound of stampeding buffalo (along with a video on the scoreboard) but I'm pretty sure they dropped that this season. If other Bills fans can add some more depth on this topic, I'll be grateful.

Post Field-Goal/PAT: A single explosion of fireworks followed by the Bills fight song, "Shout", which is already included in Madden --- though more authentic fan response would make it even better (fans clap along to the beat and respond to the "HEY-EY-EY-EY!" part of the chorus, which Madden thankfully begins on).

Player Introductions: Instrumental of "Burn It To The Ground" by Nickelback (see: Monday Night Raw, NHL 10 )

PA Announcer Style: Our actual PA announcer may change next year due to his employment at a radio station that isn't carrying the Bills any longer. Regardless, his cadence during pass plays usually consists of something like this: "Fitzpatrick's pass...complete to Johnson...gain of ten...first down Buffalo." From what I remember, the same bell that tolls during the "away team on third down" instance happens again in this situation.

I live just two minutes away from Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park. Frankly, "The Ralph" is a bit generic in terms of game-day atmosphere and there isn't really much in the way of trademark music or public address shoutouts, especially compared to other stadiums. If my memory returns, I'll be glad to add to my post.

Thank you for your consideration!

Last edited by CarryTheWeight; 01-20-2012 at 08:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »