Home

My One Wish For Madden 13

This is a discussion on My One Wish For Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5
My One Wish For Madden 13: Passing Trajectory

My one wish for Madden 13 is for the passing trajectory to be fixed, so that the flight of the ball is more realistic (there should be a noticeable throwing arc, even on drills).

I realise that the defenders react unrealistically at times (running one direction and then suddenly turning on a dime and leaping 40-50 inches off the ground in the opposite direction or CBs running flat out who are still able to leap high when the ball arrives defying physics in the process) but the passing trajectory is the main issue for me.

I've enjoyed Madden 12 and I'm looking forward to 13, but please EA address this inherent issue.

Last edited by Old Mr T; 01-12-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: My One Wish For Madden 13: Passing Trajectory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mr T
My one wish for Madden 13 is for the passing trajectory to be fixed, so that the flight of the ball is more realistic (there should be a noticeable throwing arc, even on drills).

I realise that the defenders react unrealistically at times (running one direction and then suddenly turning on a dime and leaping 40-50 inches off the ground in the opposite direction or CBs running flat out who are still able to leap high when the ball arrives defying physics in the process) but the passing trajectory is the main issue for me.

I've enjoyed Madden 12 and I'm looking forward to 13, but please EA address this inherent issue.
There are lobs, bullets, and several touch passes in between that are already part of the Madden passing interface. In essence, we have a great deal of control over the trajectory of our passes.

Try tapping the button a little lighter than normal when you have a linebacker between you and your intended receiver to get the ball over him. You will need to put in some practice time to work on getting the ball DOWN before the next level of the defense though. Each QB's ratings come into effect so work with your team's passer to find that 'magic' pass.

Later
Old 01-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: My One Wish For Madden 13

While there are plenty of gripes with Madden 12, my Madden 13 wishlist isn't that long. I'd like to see:

QB Release ratings Its crazy to think this wasn't included in a Madden that claims to be "True to the Game:. While not all of the Madden QBs have the same release ( like Flacco's 3yr long release) it'd be nice to know what you were getting before you get on the field. They have different release animations, why not a "Release Rating"?

Sunday/Monday Night Football presentation For some reason, EA continues to miss ignore these well loved venues. We were told that once EA got exclusive rights to the NFL, as well as the Espn, we were going to receive a more authentic presentation of NFL football. So where is the SNF & MNF announcers? Where's the intro music? All it seems that we've received from the exclusive liscense is Chris Collinsworth... EPIC FAIL!!

Smart Routing Defensive Zones Its amazing how this was scrapped when Madden made the transition to Next Gen. This would help alot with the sometimes "wonky" Zone Coverage that Madden is notorious for. Having an idea of how short or deep your zones drop would help defense tremendously in this game.

Better Crowd Noise While EA has improved this over the years. It still fails in comparison to other titles, most notably the 2K football titles. I think this would go miles in making an even more enjoyable experience especially when U score the game winning TD of FG in a game.

Spectator Mode for Online Franchise games This would be great especially for the playoffs and/or the Superbowl. Not only would this be fun for other Franchise members, it would give players even more incentive to make the post season.

A REAL Offseason in Online Franchises This is the Big One!!! Online franchises usually end because of monotony this could be easily remedied by bringing this "offline only" option to the online arena. NCAA's Online Dynasties are critically acclaimed, because of how deep they are. Madden's should be no different.

While I have more things I'd like to see in Madden 13. These are the biggest improvements I'd like to see
Old 01-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
Rookie

tiloj's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: My One Wish For Madden 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimreaper256
QB Release ratings Its crazy to think this wasn't included in a Madden that claims to be "True to the Game:. While not all of the Madden QBs have the same release ( like Flacco's 3yr long release) it'd be nice to know what you were getting before you get on the field. They have different release animations, why not a "Release Rating"?

I'd love to see this, although I wonder if they have the ability to speed up a given animation in the current engine.

I'd also love to see the major glitches addressed as some of them carried over from M11.

Mutant draft classes, THA/BLK progression not happening in franchise, remaining suction issues, necessity of threshold in online games, ability to create coaches, UDFA issues, depth chart issues, punt returns, simulated stats, and a laundry list of others are among the glitches or issues I'd like to see addressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »