Home

Madden 13 a no buy without Tebow rightfully on the cover!

This is a discussion on Madden 13 a no buy without Tebow rightfully on the cover! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #17
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 13 a no buy without Tebow rightfully on the cover!

I'm a pretty big Tebow fan (more so for what he's about than his game) but I wouldn't mind seeing him on the cover. Would it change if I buy Madden or not? No, silly. lol
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol
Old 01-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #18
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Wouldn't Tebow fight the curse anyways? He plays through injuries anyways and unless he gets KO'd, he'd be lucky enough that there would be a bye week following the game (like when Kentucky knocked him out). Even if there weren't, there would be a blizzard in Tampa the following week postponing the game.

I think after winning the Superbowl last year (and possible this year) that Rodgers should be on the cover. The only reason I don't see it happening is that EA doesn't want to pay royalties to State Farm if Rodgers does the discount double check move on the cover.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #19
TheSaints7

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust
I will not buy Madden 13 if Tebow is not crowned the cover athlete. For the sake of all of our favorite players, he is the only one capable of breaking the Madden curse. I would even pay extra to see the cover contain some sort of symbolism with Tebow fighting or breaking through the curse. Kinda like him running through fire, stiff arming one of the hounds of hell(Browns), and flying, all angel like, through the air into the endzone. Jersey shredded, with a camera man in the far background taking pics on one knee(Tebowing). If he makes it through next season, he will be legendarily known as the curse killer. Would you buy that?
Are you kidding? Brees or Rodgers deserves to be on the Cover. Tebow does not.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #20
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

Can I also ask what is this obsession/cult following with Tebow? Alright so he stepped in as QB and the Broncos went to the playoffs and won a playoff game.

Here is where I don't understand it. Had they lost to the Steelers the followers would till be praising Tebow, even with his performance against Pittsburgh he had a couple of nice plays but most of the team around him did the work (albeit the TD rush was pretty impressive dropping his shoulder and all). Every other week he has played like crap even when they win. If any other QB in the entire league (Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, Chad Henne, Matt Schaub, Michael Vick, etc) whether they are a rusher or not put up the kind of numbers Tebow does they would be shunned and considered a complete and udder horrible year/bust. Tebow does it though and he is the next John Elway? That is just disrespectful to the legacy of John Elway.

All Tebow does is win? No all Denver's defense does is win Tebow on occasion has been the sole reason they lost (against the Chiefs for one). Put any of the QBs i named above behind Broncos center and the Broncos could be a shoo-in for the superbowl. So why does Tebow get all the attention he does when it's obvious his teammates around him are carrying him.

I know third post is the charm but I had to rant because I don't get it and it annoys me that they call Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco, hell even Colt Mccoy busts but Tebow is apperantly the second coming. I thought the only guy that was everything to his team was Peyton Manning guys Tebow is the next Peyton Manning too, right?

Old 01-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #21
Veteran

db56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
Actually as much as I hate to say it (seeing as I'm a Falcon fan) despite losing to the Seahawks last season and playing injured, Drew Brees still had an impressive season despite the Madden curse, so he wouldn't be the first to break the curse.

That being said unless it's fan outcry Tebow will not be on the cover. I still don't believe Tebow is the future of Denver but he is interesting to watch. Tebow made some good throws against Pittsburg last weekend and showed he can step up in certain situations (although it helps that those 3 catches were incredible especially the last stiff arm run by Thomas) but in all honesty he usually plays like crap and one game doesn't change that, the thing that really intrigues me about Denver though is seeing how the moment he became the starter the entire team took a 180. Mcgahee became a pro bowl caliber HB, and the entire defense (especially Dumerville and Von Miller) became an elite caliber defense. Yet somehow Tebow gets all the credit (though it's still funny they lost to Kyle Orton and the Chiefs). I think if anyone from Denver deserves the cover though it's Von Miller or Willis Mcgahee.
As a Broncos fan since 85 I respectfully have to disagree.

One player can effect how the rest of the team plays, especially at the QB positon, the best example this year is the Colts without P. Manning. The rest of the team is virtually the same but they know they arent going to win without Manning so they pack it in. Take D. Brees off the Saints, T. Brady off the Patriots and see how their seasons are effected.

I'm sorry but Tebow makes everybody around him better because of his work ethic and walking the walk, the team believes they can win and thats Huge, imo. Most Qb's that make it to this level look great in 7 on 7's but they dont have the ability to carry the team. This ability is what Tebow does have and it cannot be coached into a player, its what separates all franchise Qb's from just all the talented back ups in the league.

No disrespect to V. Miller, E. Dumervil or any other player on the roster but without Tebow, this would still be a 4 to 6 win football team watching the playoffs from home like the rest of us and thats the truth..

Btw, I was thinking of skipping Madden 13 but if Tebow is on the cover, I'm in....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #22
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by db56

Btw, I was thinking of skipping Madden 13 but if Tebow is on the cover, I'm in....
Why would you skip Madden 13? Would you really want to miss out on the 4 new things they add to the game? I mean sure, they may have messed up parts of the game on purpose and revert back to older Madden features and rename them and call them "new" additions, but would you want to miss that? How could you miss a game in which the commentators use the correct files for the correct teams? How can you call yourself a Madden player if you don't buy a game that takes 5 steps back and 2 4/7 forward, complain about it, and ultimately suck it up cause it's all we got...?
Old 01-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #23
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

What I don't get is the hatred for a guy that hasn't done anything but prove people wrong. It's not about stats, throwing angles, or whatever people come up with. It's wins and losses. TEBOW was the only real change to that team and look where they are. You can hate how much people (ESPN/FOX) talk about him or his FAITH, but the reality is with him on the field; they win! So what they lost the game against Orton and the Chiefs. Orton is at home and TEBOW is at practice...... Go Houston Texans!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #24
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
What I don't get is the hatred for a guy that hasn't done anything but prove people wrong. It's not about stats, throwing angles, or whatever people come up with. It's wins and losses. TEBOW was the only real change to that team and look where they are. You can hate how much people (ESPN/FOX) talk about him or his FAITH, but the reality is with him on the field; they win! So what they lost the game against Orton and the Chiefs. Orton is at home and TEBOW is at practice...... Go Houston Texans!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
I don't hate him per say, I hate the fact that earlier this year they were calling Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco busts and excuses for quarterbacks when in fact they were putting up bigger numbers than Tebow has all season. Just because he was considered a bust, taken in the first round, but became a below average QB he is praised renowndly for it. I can name a million QBs that would give anything to have that defense that keeps the offense on the field.

It is about stats, I freaking hate that Tom Brady is considered the best quarterback ever because of his stats, there are many quarterbacks that deserve that right a million times more (Dan Marino, John Elway, Randell Cunningham, etc.) but Tom Brady puts up the stats. Come on even Jamarcus Russel had one decent season but look at his stats.

(Edit*) I also hate his fans and followers because "Tebow is tha gr8est quarteback eva" gets really annoying because it's oxymoron.

Last edited by Ampking101; 01-13-2012 at 05:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »