Home

Old 09-24-2003, 12:15 PM   #1
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Injuries?

Is anyone else not getting many injuries in their franchise??? They seem to happen when I play against friends and stuff, but not so much in franchise play. Do sliders affect the injuries at all. Do any of you guys get alot of injuries?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2003, 03:10 PM   #2
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Injuries?

I actually haven't seen any injuries last longer than a game -- which is unfortunate.

I think NCAA is the only game out there that has it about right.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:24 PM   #3
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

LetsGoPitt said:
I actually haven't seen any injuries last longer than a game -- which is unfortunate.

I think NCAA is the only game out there that has it about right.

I agree, I'm in season 5 of my franchise and I've only seen one injury I got in a game that lastest more than a week. I always get some in preseason because I sim it, but in game injuries are usually just the "will return soon" kind with the occasional out for game. They really need to address this. One thing I think they did pretty well(may be coinincidence though) is that I seem too see a good amount of nagging injuries. My QB got an ankle injury in his first preseason which kept him out like 4 weeks or something and from then on he gets a lot of small ankle injuries which keep him out a few plays or a quarter or two. I don't know if this is done on purpose, but if it is I think it's pretty cool.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:23 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Yeah I get almost zero injuries as well. Not that I want to see a player get hurt, but injuries add a challenging aspect to the game.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:15 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Me and a friend are running the franchise together and have not seen many injuries. Non beyond out for the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2003, 08:57 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

only if you sim do you get injuries. i usually sim the preaseason and alwasy get a season ending one (i now turn it off for the preseason). but during the season it is on and never get more than a 1 game injury. neither does the CPU.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:51 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

in my jags franchise i lost brunell for the season in the second game of the season but thats about it.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:33 PM   #8
Pro

rsump112's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm not willing to go so far as to say it is not a problem, but in my Colts franchise, I lost Rob Morris for 4 weeks in the last game of preseason (which I played), and currently have Idrees Bashir out for 4 weeks beginning in Week 6(also played). Other than that, out for quarters and games mostly, but I have noticed the nagging injuries as well, even after a simple out for game injury.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »