Home

Go back to last gens FA system

This is a discussion on Go back to last gens FA system within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Go back to last gens FA system

The FA bidding now is stupid and unrealistic. If Madden went back to the last gen version that would be fine. For those who forgot, here it is:

RFA: Teams have restricted FA's. If you give the highest qualifying offer to a player and another team signs him without you deciding to match, you get a 1st and a 3rd. Of course, this would be tweaked to match the current CBA

UFA: This is much more realistic. Each FA has certain categories that tells them where to sign. Let's take Dwight Freeney. If my team went 2-14, my best Dwight Freeney offer would be in the yellow. Why? Because, as a veteran, Freeney wants talent on his team and to win, rather than just taking the highest offer. Similarly, a younger player would want more money. Other categories included Stadium, Fans, Weather, Coaches, Market Size, Team Prestige and some others. As you can see, this is clearly more realistic than the two minute bidding system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
Rookie

zarmstead2's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Go back to last gens FA system

Agreed. The bidding system is too easy and unrealistic.
NBA: wut?

Suh is the man!
Old 01-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm sure if you had the money to do it, you could easily get the top 20 players in the FA pool. It's just highly unreal.

Make it like the coaching signings. It should say "Patriots offered 5 Year 25 Mil" then you have to offer a 5 Year 28 Mil for him to look at your team at all.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Just about every part of the franchise was much better on the last gen system. I bet whatever improvement they put in M13 will be things we had in the last gen franchise.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Eh. I like the feeling that it gives. Just like the mad house that is the first day of free agency. Adam Schefter's twitter was ablaze this last offseason. It needs refinement, but I like the idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
Rookie

tiloj's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Eh. I like the feeling that it gives. Just like the mad house that is the first day of free agency. Adam Schefter's twitter was ablaze this last offseason. It needs refinement, but I like the idea.
I agree. I think it definitely needs refinement but if they incorporate some of the old ideas and get the free agents types into the game correctly I think it could be very good.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

The lack of RFA and ERFA players makes me sad. For UFA players, I like the sense of urgency that the current system creates - it's tough to grab every top-tier player, and a lot of the tedious repetition is gone from the bidding process.

It would be cool if players' preferences came back into the game. But they have to be better implemented. Despite the million little preference indicators, players seemed to end up in pretty random places. My Super Bowl champion squad could invest a lot in a stadium and have an obvious starting job for a player, but he'd end up wanting to play for the Browns for less money.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #8
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootofalleli
The lack of RFA and ERFA players makes me sad.
This. I feel like it takes something away from Free Agency. I put in Madden 05 and I loved tendering the restricted players. So in the meantime, since a player needs 4 years of service in the NFL, if they having a 1 year contract and have anything of 2 years or less, I would re-sign that player in order to fit the idea that he was a RFA.

I hope RFA and ERFA makes its way back to Madden in the future, as it would really enhance Franchise, with just adding RFA/ERFA it makes Franchise better, especially for those who love to just sim the regular season and just play the off-season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »