Home

Is it POSSIBLE that I am ENJOYING Madden 10 more than 12??

This is a discussion on Is it POSSIBLE that I am ENJOYING Madden 10 more than 12?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Is it POSSIBLE that I am ENJOYING Madden 10 more than 12??

Was Madden 10 the year of the Robo QB who was unsociable because he always managed to throw the ball away while getting hit? Or was that Madden 09 and previous?
Old 06-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I actually thought 10 was solid....

11 was dominated by players with high speed ratings....that's all that seemed to matter on the field IMO.

12 was the best Madden of them all IMO for gameplay (after slider tweaks).

I personally didn't see any major upgrades in gameplay for 12 but it was just the most balanced gameplay out of the 3 versions.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjames01
I enjoy playing Madden 08 more than 12.
GTFOH! I think people are really starting to say these things just to spite the current game. Madden has been lacking all generation but all of a sudden people enjoy 4 year old versions of the game?! Madden 12 was by far the best Madden in years and it was only slightly above par. These type of threads only bring out trolls.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I went and nabbed the game for $4 at Game Stop just to see how it looked and I was pleasantly surprised by several things. I took an objective look, seeing as I've played M12 non-stop since release and generally like the game.

Here's what I like about 10:

1) Locomotion: no zig-zagging; players have to plant more to move.

2) Game Speed: you can't tell how much faster they've made the game till you go back. Normal on 10 is like very very very slow on 12.

3) Pass rush: there is a REAL POCKET. I used OAK and Derrick Burgess was able to ride the outside edge without the patty cake animation. He just engaged and pushed until he won the edge of won with a move.

3) Tackling system: the multi-player engagement in 10 via Pro-Tak feels way more organic than 12's system. In 10, there are less blow you up with a shotgun hits. It's more like a guy latches on and you tussle till one wins. In 12 the first guy hits you, you slip off, and the next contact floors you. That's the most dominant form of tackling, I think. Then there's the two player drag tackles and the occasional solo stop. On the whole, I definitely like 10's system more from the looks perspective.

4) Player ratings: bad teams are REALLY BAD. OAK sucked at many positions in 10 and you can definitely tell. I got my butt handed to me by SD in week one. LT was clearly a beast on the field--he ground out 130 on 20+ carries, and I didn't flatten him once.

I'm not going to get overly romantic about it, but there is some stuff in 10 that I didn't notice until going back.

And PGaither, there's engaged player movement . I used Burgess all game, and when it was a run, I pushed the LT in whatever direction I was going. It was cool to see.

Good post, OP. For $4 it's a nice change of pace and an interesting comparison with where things are/have gone today.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #61
Rookie

MiNiDiTkA's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I went and nabbed the game for $4 at Game Stop just to see how it looked and I was pleasantly surprised by several things. I took an objective look, seeing as I've played M12 non-stop since release and generally like the game.

Here's what I like about 10:

1) Locomotion: no zig-zagging; players have to plant more to move.

3) Tackling system: the multi-player engagement in 10 via Pro-Tak feels way more organic than 12's system. In 10, there are less blow you up with a shotgun hits. It's more like a guy latches on and you tussle till one wins. In 12 the first guy hits you, you slip off, and the next contact floors you. That's the most dominant form of tackling, I think. Then there's the two player drag tackles and the occasional solo stop. On the whole, I definitely like 10's system more from the looks perspective.
Probably the 2 things I like most about 10 and wished they would have continued to evolve.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #62
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I went back to 10 as well (till 13 comes out) as it feels way more organic.

It still has some annoying bugs and a bare bones franchise. But the game play is far better in a lot of areas. And the presentation kills 12 which was an abomination.

However I have a very good feeling about Madden 13, the Infinity engine and Connected Careers. It should be a very strong game.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #63
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

IMO madden 12 was THE best madden since 10 and was def. a better game than 10 all around... graphics playermodels running animation gameplay all were much better in m12...madden 11 on the other hand was complete garbage ...ncaa11 got all the play for me that year....
Old 06-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 1

based on the videos above, I think the proof is in the proverbial pudding that Madden 10 had a more interactive and grounded tackling system and running backs had more realistic weight shifting and juking animations. And as someone said above, the gameplay did feel a bit more organic and I think alot of that is because of the tighter tackling system that led to more variations in outcomes after contact.

Its those little things that seemed to make the game feel tighter. Madden 12 might be the overall more advanced game with smarter AI (maybe) but it also feels a bit sloppy in the player movement department. Players have more of a glide, less immersive control when compared to Madden 10's tighter and more realistic player movement, tackling and weight shifting

Ian should get the credit he deserves at least for this...Madden 10 stood the test of time more than the others

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »