Home

Madden 11 Demo ??

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Demo ?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2012, 03:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 11 Demo ??

Where can i find the madden 11 demo cuz i cant seem to find it in the xbl marketplace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Madden 11 Demo ??

if it's not on the marketplace then it's gone. you can pick up madden 11 used for like $15.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:54 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 49

Funny you just started this thread. I just downloaded the Madden 10 demo(360) and compared it to Madden 11 and Madden 12. I was blown away that the graphics in that demo blew madden 11 away...and IMO was also better then Madden 12. While Madden 12's graphics are very close, madden 10 had much more detail. I also noticed way less sliding and morphing in madden 10.

I then went to youtube and looked up some gameplay HD videos, and I couldnt believe it looked better then 12 there too.

In fact, madden 10 demo felt much more polished to me then Madden 11, and in many ways 12. My only gripe with madden 10 compared to madden 12 is that the tackles trigger far away, and therefore the tackling overall just isnt as good IMO.

Honestly, I feel Madden 10 is a better game based on graphics, and gameplay. Also by far has the best standard camera, as well as zoom camera too! Even with the tackling issue, everything is just smoother.

I remember when I purchased Madden 11(traded in 10) I felt like the game wasnt as good. Boy was I right.

Everyone thinks Madden improves ever year, but that has not been my findings.

I found Madden 10 to be the best Madden to date. Weather effects, grass, player detail during gameplay is better. Tackling isnt as good, but everything else is just as good or better. Madden 12 does have more franchise options though if that is a main concern.

Last edited by wheelman990; 01-18-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #4
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I'd have to disagree with Madden 10 looking better, etc. Madden 12's lighting makes a huge difference.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:25 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I'd have to disagree with Madden 10 looking better, etc. Madden 12's lighting makes a huge difference.
I was excited when I heard about Madden 12's lighting, but I just wasn't impressed. I guess I was hoping for something really amazing like forza 4 lighting or something....but to me it was better then 11 for sure, but not any better then 10.

I'm gonna go pick up madden 10 again to check everything. I remember really liking that game, and havent really got into a madden near as much since. The demo was snow at night, and thats what I compared madden 11 and 12 to just a bit ago(and watched tons of hd youtube vids). Used same teams as well. Madden 10 was way ahead of both. In fact in terms of weather, madden 12 was pretty bland in the snow. The snow detail was way cut down.

I got my game systems hooked up to my 1080p lcd 22" monitor right now so I can really compare these things. This monitor pulls every last detail out. On my 52" sony its not "as easy" to see differences between 10 and 12. Thats because 12 has a very clean look. Sadly though, a lot of that is because it has way less shadings, shadows, and details.

My biggest gripe with Madden 12, that totally kills the visuals is the sliding of players. When the teams come out of huddles and are coming to the line that is just rediculous. How can that be over looked by the devs?

I know I pay attention to graphics like crazy, thats just who I am. However, that sliding is pretty huge. Its all over the place this year. It doesnt even look like there walking on the field it looks like they are sliding and hovering it.

Play on the zoom cam and you will really see it. The cam is so far away this year, its hard to notice anything graphically with the standard cam
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
Banned

belucheez2's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Funny you just started this thread. I just downloaded the Madden 10 demo(360) and compared it to Madden 11 and Madden 12. I was blown away that the graphics in that demo blew madden 11 away...and IMO was also better then Madden 12. While Madden 12's graphics are very close, madden 10 had much more detail. I also noticed way less sliding and morphing in madden 10.

I then went to youtube and looked up some gameplay HD videos, and I couldnt believe it looked better then 12 there too.

In fact, madden 10 demo felt much more polished to me then Madden 11, and in many ways 12. My only gripe with madden 10 compared to madden 12 is that the tackles trigger far away, and therefore the tackling overall just isnt as good IMO.

Honestly, I feel Madden 10 is a better game based on graphics, and gameplay. Also by far has the best standard camera, as well as zoom camera too! Even with the tackling issue, everything is just smoother.

I remember when I purchased Madden 11(traded in 10) I felt like the game wasnt as good. Boy was I right.

Everyone thinks Madden improves ever year, but that has not been my findings.

I found Madden 10 to be the best Madden to date. Weather effects, grass, player detail during gameplay is better. Tackling isnt as good, but everything else is just as good or better. Madden 12 does have more franchise options though if that is a main concern.
K. Go play an outdated game while we play 12.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

Dont you all remember why they scrapped the old engine to make the new locomotion. Its because everyone complained on how bad and crappy the game played in running,tackling,graphics were not good enough every wanted better. No matter what EA does there will be unhappy people with it. EA will never make a perfect game because then what would they do next time, a roster update people would still complain. Give me 2k5 football basics and madden graphics and I would be good. Not only that put people on madden who care about the damn gameplay and not people who just want a check.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by belucheez2
K. Go play an outdated game while we play 12.
k, thanks for the helpful info.

UPDATE: picked up a copy of Madden 10 today, and I will say that Madden 12 does look better. I did like the fact players had necks in Madden 10 though.

also madden 11 is no longer on xbl. I checked for you op.

Last edited by wheelman990; 01-20-2012 at 02:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »