Home

No Madden NFL 13 Super Bowl Halftime Blog

This is a discussion on No Madden NFL 13 Super Bowl Halftime Blog within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2012, 01:36 AM   #89
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: No Madden NFL 13 Super Bowl Halftime Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
So, essentially they didn't need to change the hardware to improve the RAM for video/visuals, lighting, etc.

So what does the "bottle neck" limit devos. have mean to you? They mentioned this in the Cortland thread.
Now since we've determined its not a RAM concern for improved gameplay, a.i. mechanics, etc. Thank you
They didn't "improve the RAM." They were able to reduce the size of the OS for the PS3. I don't think you really understand what you're really talking about with this.

It doesn't matter if you have a blu-ray disc of 50GB of data if you're limited to only 256RAM at any given time. The more you try to add beyond that, then you're swapping files in and out of the RAM. When a PC, or a console, does this, you're going to see choppiness, loading screens, etc. It's slower for the console to read from the DVD/Blu Ray disc than it is from RAM. The more RAM you have, the more you can load into RAM. RAM = faster than HDD and optical disc read.

If these consoles had 8GB of RAM to work with, then developers can ask the console to load 8GB worth of data into RAM. That means more polygons, more textures, more AI scripts, etc. It means the system doesn't have to keep reading from disc. Madden 12 reads from the optical disc because it can't load everything into RAM. The question is, at what point is it too much? You might notice, at certain points in the game, the system will read from the disc, and you might see a hitch. That's the console loading from disc to RAM.

With Madden, they have to develop the game in a manner that works on both systems. So instead of developing Madden with the idea of a possible 400MB of RAM, they would have to consider BOTH systems' limitations. You can't expect 400MB of RAM on the 360 when you only have 256MB of RAM on the PS3. You can't expect to put 40GB of data on a blu ray disc when you have a fraction of that on a DVD.

There are bottlenecks everywhere. The RAM is one part of it.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:43 AM   #90
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86

With Madden, they have to develop the game in a manner that works on both systems. So instead of developing Madden with the idea of a possible 400MB of RAM, they would have to consider BOTH systems' limitations. You can't expect 400MB of RAM on the 360 when you only have 256MB of RAM on the PS3. You can't expect to put 40GB of data on a blu ray disc when you have a fraction of that on a DVD.

There are bottlenecks everywhere. The RAM is one part of it.
I agree,
As far as not knowing what I'm talking about, your RIGHT! I have no idea what I'm talking about, so I just posted some links on what others have said, in regards to game developers limitations.

Take it for what its worth......
70MB of additional RAM unlocked for PS3 developers
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/23/70...s3-developers/
So whats the limitations the developers have?

Also they need more storage for more improved A.I., better animations, etc. etc. Blu-Ray can hold all of this. http://techland.time.com/2011/03/30/...h-for-blu-ray/

So the "Next Gen" consoles could possibly have some of these upgrades

Last edited by dfos81; 01-24-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #91
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
"Don't worry. We're coming out BIG this year!" My words to EA Sports...don't talk about it, be about it. From Madden 06- Madden 12' sports gamer's have yet to experience a TRUE next-Gen NFL game in simulation form. To all the Madden defenders, stop making excuses about disc space, one year dev cycles, etc. If all other sports games (MLB and NBA ) can achieve greatness within the same time-frame and fit it all on one disc, surely Madden can do the same. Madden 2005 (and even 2006) for last gen were the last GREAT Madden games in my humble opinion....Bring it. #M13
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #92
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
That has nothing to do with memory. That's disc storage, not RAM. The Xbox 360 actually has a better RAM situation than the PS3.
If your looking at specs, yeah, you could say that. However, Sony has a game that allows 128 vs 128(Massive Action Gaming) players doing things independently, on some of the biggest Maps that I've ever SEEN in a video game, and its exclusive of course. I would think that game takes a lot more storage than the average EA games.

So why can't EA allow us to have 7 on 7 online, at least!

BTW, in response to the RAM,
the Xbox's total amount of RAM is slightly misleading, as the system RAM and video RAM are shared. The PS3's XDR RAM is also far more fast and efficient than the Xbox's GDDR3 RAM, running at a speed of 3.2 GHz compared to 700 MHz. Final bandwidth numbers prove PS3 is the victor in this category.

Last edited by dfos81; 01-24-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #93
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Halftime blog?
Like my friends have said, what halftime blog?

Imo, the halftime blog was more fluff than anything.

Remember when Ian and Co. posted a video, and it had the whiteboard behind them w/ all of these differing things written on it. I don't even recall any of us really even paying any attention to what was said, we were more interested in the whiteboard(purposly behind them) lol.
Halftime blogs= Fluff!

EA! Its about the TEAM!
Gotta love this rant by Mike Singletary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV-DO...eature=related
EA tells us, just keep watchin! It will be "BIG"

Last edited by dfos81; 01-24-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #94
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Halftime blog?
Like my friends have said, what halftime blog?

Imo, the halftime blog was more fluff than anything.

Remember when Ian and Co. posted a video, and it had the whiteboard behind them w/ all of these differing things written on it. I don't even recall any of us really even paying any attention to what was said, we were more interested in the whiteboard(purposly behind them) lol.
Halftime blogs= Fluff!

EA! Its about the TEAM!
Gotta love this rant by Mike Singletary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV-DO...eature=related
EA tells us, just keep watchin! It will be "BIG"
That was the whole purpose of the whiteboard, though. It was for the viewing audience to decipher what the Madden team was planning.

I remember seeing Psycho defense on the board and I was happy one of my suggestions made it into the game calling.

Mktg is all about fluff, no two ways about it.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #95
Banned

balcobomber25's Arena

OVR: 0
*yawn*

wake me up when we get real news.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #96
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by balcobomber25
*yawn*

wake me up when we get real news.
LOL! You bumped this two month old thread to say that???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »