Home

No Madden NFL 13 Super Bowl Halftime Blog

This is a discussion on No Madden NFL 13 Super Bowl Halftime Blog within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #65
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: No Madden NFL 13 Super Bowl Halftime Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
I'm not sure If I understood one of the posts correctly, but Madden graphically is definitely NOT "astounding" in any way shape or form when watching it on 1080p. I'm not sure what you would be comparing M12 to graphically but it definitely is nothing to write home about. Arkham city and Uncharted are what I consider to be graphically astounding.
LOL. I guess that would be me and that's cool you feel that way. I play on a 1080p 120Hz LED using a HDMI cable, for me the team colors, helmets, cut scenes and replays look graphically astounding. Maybe it's because I play at 120Hz without the tv set to "game mode" but the coin toss looks like it's being broadcast live through an actual camera. I wish I had some kind of recorder to post a video of what I mean.

I have M12, NBA2k12 and Skyrim, which all look astounding to me but I don't really compare the sports titles graphically against the RPG. Now this is all my opinion of course and while I may be less informed than you about want constitutes superior graphics, astounding is just my impression of M12 with the lighting and visual upgrades that were added.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #66
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
LOL. I guess that would be me and that's cool you feel that way. I play on a 1080p 120Hz LED using a HDMI cable, for me the team colors, helmets, cut scenes and replays look graphically astounding. Maybe it's because I play at 120Hz without the tv set to "game mode" but the coin toss looks like it's being broadcast live through an actual camera. I wish I had some kind of recorder to post a video of what I mean.

I have M12, NBA2k12 and Skyrim, which all look astounding to me but I don't really compare the sports titles graphically against the RPG. Now this is all my opinion of course and while I may be less informed than you about want constitutes superior graphics, astounding is just my impression of M12 with the lighting and visual upgrades that were added.
I think people confuse graphics and animation. When you pause madden 12 and during the cut scenes, the game looks great. But it's different when the game is in motion. It's hard to explain what's off but I'll try.

Check out this fifa 12 vid.

The players in the game demonstrate the real life moves perfectly.

Now look at any Madden 12 vid.

Just watch the line play, watch how players run and make cuts, watch how wrs make over the shoulder grabs. None of it looks natural. It's not the way real NFL players move at all. I'd have a hard time doing a comparison vid of madden vs real NFL action like the fifa vid pulled off.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #67
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I think people confuse graphics and animation. When you pause madden 12 and during the cut scenes, the game looks great. But it's different when the game is in motion. It's hard to explain what's off but I'll try.

Check out this fifa 12 vid.

The players in the game demonstrate the real life moves perfectly.

Now look at any Madden 12 vid.

Just watch the line play, watch how players run and make cuts, watch how wrs make over the shoulder grabs. None of it looks natural. It's not the way real NFL players move at all. I'd have a hard time doing a comparison vid of madden vs real NFL action like the fifa vid pulled off.
Didn't FIFA just add a new animation engine before 12? If they did, hard to compare apples to apples if Fifa has a new animation engine and Madden doesn't.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #68
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Didn't FIFA just add a new animation engine before 12? If they did, hard to compare apples to apples if Fifa has a new animation engine and Madden doesn't.
I'm not an avid soccer fan, last FIFA I bought was FIFA 10. I chose the latest FIFA to compare to latest Madden.

Here is an equally impressive video of FIFA 10 tho.

Madden 10 was the year of pro-tak and the "hitch-step". Putting FIFA 10 alongside Madden 10 only highlights Madden's shortcomings more than the vids I posted.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #69
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I could be wrong but I think FIFA has had the new engine for at least two years. I'm pretty sure I remember a thread here awhile ago referencing the engine and why isn't Madden using it. Could be wrong but I don't think this is the first year it was implemented.

BigFndeal- I wasn't trying to blow your spot up, Madden Imo just has'nt been visually impressing considering the resources and the amount of time the franchise has been around. It's not really fair to compare it to a game like Skyrim or Uncharted but to me those games are graphically outstanding. I guess I just expect more from Madden.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #70
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

LOL! Seems like every year Madden is "coming out BIG". IMO, they haven't actually done it since the PS2 days.

Can't say I'm disappointed in the delayed news. I've almost lost hope this game will ever capture the essence of football, so I'm not expecting them to "come out big". Maybe using that marketing time to work on the game will help. They need every second of every hour as there's much work to be done if they ever want to replicate NFL football.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: No Madden NFL 13 Super Bowl halftime blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Agreed - it's the code, not the platform. If they are running into memory or whatever else issues, they need to streamline the code and memory management.

The lags in M12 for just changing menus is insane. That's not because the PS3 is too weak to handle menus.
Truth.

The other part of that statement applies to pretty much all EA Sports games, not just Madden. They all have really really bad menu lag.

Last edited by jyoung; 01-23-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #72
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

No offense to anyone, but I'm not going to tell a developer what's wrong with his code, or any of that. We have ZERO idea about that. Anybody who says otherwise is blowing hot air based on speculation. I have no problem suggesting what the code should accomplish (quicker menus, etc), but I'm not going to conclude that someone's code needs to be streamlined when I have no idea about any of the circumstances.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »