Home

Old 01-22-2012, 03:40 AM   #1
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28
WOW!

Guys this is just crazy CRAZY!

I've been playing Madden 12 since release day, and honestly I was having a pretty good time. (not a great time mind you)

But after reading and making all the changes in both the Coaching schemes thread, and the edits to fix this game thread in the rosters secton. This game actually plays much like football! It almost completely fixes the o-line/d-line not the interaction but the ends actually bring pressure and the DT doesn't get all the damn sacks.

The point of this thread besides to hopefully bring these adjustments to more people was to say this.

I think its just a shame that after paying $60 for a video game the consumer then has to turn around and put months of testing and changing the game to get it to play like it can out of the box!

I mean its great that theres enough changable options to get it right but if we can get it to play right then you know they can. I'm in the process of enrolling in college now and after what i've went through with Madden this year and how it plays with these changes compared to out the box has convinced me to go into the game industry so maybe one day I can actually try to keep a game from releasing like this.

Sorry if this is considered a rant, wasn't trying to do that just bring these changes to more peoples attention so they can hopefully start playing something that resembles realer NFL stats and gameplay.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Last edited by HighCmpPct; 01-23-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2012, 06:33 AM   #2
Thread Killer

unfriendlyghst's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: WOW!

I have also started school in order to make video games. I have not purchased an NFL game this generation and am determined to make sure that by the time the next gen systems are released, I am heavily involved in contributing to a game that I can be proud of. I was overseas when the 360 was released and I must say that my first experience with Madden 06 left a lasting impression. It kept me from purchasing a 360 until Madden 10 was released and patched. I had very high hopes for M11 but was severly dissapointed with the demo when on my first pass attempt I saw the CB run the WR's route. Needless to say I am now in school with the hopes that by the time I graduate, EA's new studio in Austin is complete and I can begin to contribute to a game that represents the sport that I love.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

Unfriendlyghst, Thats Great what you want to do but,, Try Madden 12 now. HighCmpct is Right.. With the changes he talked about the game Plays Really Great...
Old 01-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct

I've been playing Madden 12 since release day, and honestly I was having a pretty good time. (not a great time mind you)

But after reading and making all the changes in both the Coaching schemes thread, and the edits to fix this game thread in the rosters secton. This game actually plays much like football! It almost completely fixes the o-line/d-line not the interaction but the ends actually bring pressure and the DT doesn't get all the damn sacks.

The point of this thread besides to hopefully bring these adjustments to more people was to say this.

I think its just a shame that after paying $60 for a video game the consumer then has to turn around and puts months of testing and changing the game to get it to play like it can out of the box!

I mean its great that theres enough changable options to get it right but if we can get it to play right then you know they can. I'm in the process of enrolling in college now and after what i've went through with Madden this year and how it plays with these changes compared to out the box has convinced me to go into the game industry so maybe one day I can actually try to keep a game from releasing like this.

Sorry if this is considered a rant, wasn't trying to do that just bring these changes to more peoples attention so they can hopefully start playing something that resembles realer NFL stats and gameplay.
If it was just Madden, I would be appalled.

There are roster makers on 2k12, after 3 months of roster making, still trying to get the game to play like real life. The rosters in 2k are terrible.

There isn't a yearly sports title I own that I don't fudge with the sliders to represent as true to the sport as I possibly can, which takes at least a few months for me.

Good luck with your career path in game development. Remember, you need to work with marketing people and the suits when you are in the industry.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #5
Rookie

zarmstead2's Arena

OVR: 1

Can someone send me a link to the 2 threads he talked about that changed the game? Could really really use it lol.
NBA: wut?

Suh is the man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct

I think its just a shame that after paying $60 for a video game the consumer then has to turn around and puts months of testing and changing the game to get it to play like it can out of the box!

I have to commend you for inspirational threads like this that give me hope that simulation is somewhere within Madden's reach. Now all we need, like you stated, is for the developers to include a preset factory simulation mode/setting in the game and/or at least give us a community share feature where gamers can network together to conveniently create/exchange custom simulation settings.

If M13 adds a share system where anyone can easily upload/download User created custom sliders and settings for all modes including online franchise, that's great for everybody.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

If anyone wants the 360 edits for the roster go to the rosters section and click on madden 12 edits that fix the game roster and I have done all the edits on there for Defense. I put it up yesterday and it is awesome..
Old 01-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #8
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If it was just Madden, I would be appalled.

There are roster makers on 2k12, after 3 months of roster making, still trying to get the game to play like real life. The rosters in 2k are terrible.

There isn't a yearly sports title I own that I don't fudge with the sliders to represent as true to the sport as I possibly can, which takes at least a few months for me.
I agree with you totally, but look at a game like The Show. Yes you have to go and work with sliders to get it to play like you like it, but thats just personal preferences. Unlike Madden where I have to change the ENTIRE LEAGUES RATINGS just to get realistic stats, not to mention the change in gameplay.

Just to say again I agree with you but at least some sports game come out the box playing like the actual sport.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »