Home

There's something(s) OUT of WHACK in the DEEP and MIDDLE PASSING GAME

This is a discussion on There's something(s) OUT of WHACK in the DEEP and MIDDLE PASSING GAME within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #193
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: There's something(s) OUT of WHACK in the DEEP and MIDDLE PASSING GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Same argument can be applied to speed and acceleration in this game, you just cant stand still and once you move you are at max speed. Thats been an issue I have had with this game for years in how people can stop and go full sprint in a fraction of what it should take to get there.

Good post man!
I don't know... I accelerate pretty quickly I'm at full speed in about 3 steps coming from a dead stop - 2 out of a cut. But I also weigh about a buck 'o five... LOL

By the way, I'm feeling nicer this week after moving to L.A. and prepping for CD... Take advantage before I get mean again. I'll be compiling what I'll be looking for into a list and I'll publish it here on Monday.

Later
Old 02-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #194
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

This one is another fun one....

Anychance we can get the devs to remove this from 13?

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 02-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #195
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

@Broncos and Rgiles, in my post, I stated

So after taking a few months hiatus from M12, I have played about 3-4 games the last week or so. Last night, in an online ranked game using the Redskins, Groosman is throwing the ball inaccurately all over the place and receivers are dropping balls when defensive contact is made.

Meaning, in that ONE game this is what happened, not consistently before I took a Madden hiatus nor did I notice it in the other 2-3 games after my Madden hiatus. I understand this is a internet forum and somethings sometimes get lost in translation but it seems you both quoted the entire statement but just focused on what would seem to be two conflicting points when isolated out of context.

To clarify, it would be the bees knees if in M13 players consistently performed like their real life counterparts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #196
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
About the only way to try to get to here is with sliders, which aren't an option for everyone and shouldn't be the "way out" and even then, you're as much tweaking to YOU (as in your skill at the game) as you are the players.

Part of it goes with "reward the user" for having good timing, etc. Imagine if the user had good timing, but all that meant was being as good as Grossman possibly can be and anything less means your Grossman on a bad day (ugly, or worse, as good as Beck *shudder*)? Probably would be a revolt.

But I know I'd love that - to actually be limited by the player my circle is under, instead being able to supersede his limitations with button timing and stuff.
This right here!!!!

Imagine how ridiculous it would be in a basketball game to be able to take a big man like Dwight Howard and master 3 pointers with "stick skills". That's the same way I feel about the "Jabronis" in Madden not knowing their role. lol
Old 02-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #197
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
I don't know... I accelerate pretty quickly I'm at full speed in about 3 steps coming from a dead stop - 2 out of a cut. But I also weigh about a buck 'o five... LOL
Man...and I thought Brandon Banks was a little guy (especially for a football player).

That said, I think the problem with acceleration is that there's little to no deceleration (or negative acceleration for the physics nuts ). Once a player is at top speed (or any speed, really), he's there until he stops moving. Even cuts don't slow them down very much.

I see a little more cutting with fatigue at 100 because they are forever tired, but...who plays with fatigue on 100 except my Ron Paul-like self.

It's even worse with ball carriers. They can immediately change directions, not even so much as a super-fast foot plant-weight shift like Barry Sanders used to do - it's just, bam, I'm going this way now. You really can see with 95+ speed guys with 95+ AGI/ACC - it's insane, imo. It's really ridiculous some of the moves even I can do with these kinds of backs...and I'm...not great...at this game.

If players had to do even a brief foot-in-the-ground, weight-shift, explosive step sequence, it would look and play better, imo. It doesn't have to be slow (unless the guy sucks for AGI), but I think it should be present. Plus, imagine the need to no longer need a "Juke move". Jukes are just plant-and-shifts done to indicate one direction and move in another. AGI and ACC would govern this. So want more stick skills with controlling ball carriers? There you go - make a 70 AGI, 70 ACC guy juke a defender will take some serious ball handler control and setting it up.

Again, I like how FBPro did it. Agility governed how fast a player performed a change of direction sequence (plant-and-shift), Acceleration governed how fast the player returned to stop speed.

Last edited by KBLover; 02-10-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #198
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob

LOL

Gotta love the DBs who have the "ignore hit boxes" trait.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #199
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
@Broncos and Rgiles, in my post, I stated

So after taking a few months hiatus from M12, I have played about 3-4 games the last week or so. Last night, in an online ranked game using the Redskins, Groosman is throwing the ball inaccurately all over the place and receivers are dropping balls when defensive contact is made.

Meaning, in that ONE game this is what happened, not consistently before I took a Madden hiatus nor did I notice it in the other 2-3 games after my Madden hiatus. I understand this is a internet forum and somethings sometimes get lost in translation but it seems you both quoted the entire statement but just focused on what would seem to be two conflicting points when isolated out of context.
LOL, pardon me for not realizing that last night was the operative phrase in your post.

I think for all the lumps that Madden takes around here, I think one of the things it does well is distinguish the inaccurate QBs -- one could even argue they are too inaccurate at times. I've played as Rex Grossman a handful of times and I certainly feel as though it's tough sledding playing w/ him as compared to one of the elite QBs.

User skills/knowledge still must play a part though. Too have success w/ Rex or any other inaccurate QB, it's incumbent upon the user to play to that QB's strengths. I have a rookie QB in a Dolphins 'chise that I'm running now. His deep ball is awful -- I threw 3 picks in the first regular season game as a result and the CPU blew me out. Next game, I adjusted and played more conservatively + established a ground game. Result was a win and 112+ QB rating.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #200
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob

Not even commenting on the interception, I hate the way the db played the receiver. Why do they have somewhat "realistic" receiver route running animations, when the db's can just turn any way they feel like it and keep up with them? It's just ugly, unrealistic, and frustrating to look at. Not to mention he had his back totally to the receiver yet knew exactly the route he was running. UGH, just disgusting to me.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »