Home

Broncos Franchise Help

This is a discussion on Broncos Franchise Help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4
Unhappy Broncos Franchise Help

Ok to catch everyone up pretty quickly, my first year I traded Tebow for the rookie reciever Greg Little and a draft pick from the Browns, after McCoy and Wallace went down and placed on the IR. I then signed Garrard to a 1 year contract. I finished 8-8, missing the playoffs (the Raiders went like 10-6 and I lost the tiebreaker to the Pats for the wildcard because they beat me in the regular season). I let Garrard go to FA, and picked up Chris Cooley and Anquan Boldin. For the most part, everyone on my defense came back except Dawkins who retired. I had like the 14th? pick in the draft in the first round. I took LaMichael James from Oregon (planning to get rid of MacGahee or Moreno for something). The draft continued, and I took an OL, a reciever (Greg Childs) and then I had a decision to make. I could take Matt Barkley a round earlier than he was projected, (all my other scouted QB's were gone early) or I could wait a round and try to take him then. Long story short, I took another OL and Barkley went. I ended up taking UNSCOUTED Russell Wilson from Wisconsin. Fast foward to right now. Wilson missed the last 2 games with a hurt elbow, and Quinn had to take his place. I am 0-6. My offense generates little to no points (Prater has kicked an uncountable amount of field goals) , and has so many 3 and outs that it seems that I am practically playing defense the whole game. I simply don't know what to do. I am scouting all quarterbacks for next year, which due to the draft class import error is Madden Generated. I need advice. My offense would be more solid with a better Quarterback. I'm simply stuck on what actions I should take to try and save this season (or maybe I should give up on this year all together). I don't like to use the term "rebuilding" for this year because I feel like all we are missing is one KEY piece of the puzzle, but it looks like that is whats happening here. Any suggestions are quite welcome because I have no clue what to do. (and plesae dont say change your sliders to easier ones, I went 8-8 last year with the same ones and I've won a Superbowl with the Giants already in another Franchise)

Edit: I also just had to put Chris Harris on IR with a Fractured Elbow, so I have room to sign someone from Free Agency, even though I don't quite know who

Last edited by ML; 01-23-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Broncos Franchise Help

Depending on how much cap room u have, first and foremost look in the offseason for a Brees-type QB in FA(this is contingent on if u believe Wilson is NOT a franchise QB)...also acquiring/drafting a stud TE will certainly help alleviate your offensive woes...i like Cooley but he's injury-prone....Also picking up a every-down back( i compare James to Sproles) will certainly take away from some of the pressure off whoever is your QB.......i know that's a lot of moves to be made in one offseason but from the looks of it, your QB situation seems to be the weakest link hence signing a big-name FA and drafting a few skill position players who have explosive potential would be a good start to add along with whatever u already have....U may not like the term *rebuilding* but at 0-6, i don't see any other alternative....bite the bullet this year, play for pride and have a strong offseason...As far as ur safety issue goes, i'd be interested in playing Rahim Moore and Quinton Carter together
Old 01-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

Yeah I don't think Wilson is the next big thing. I don't want to ruin his stuff for others but lets just say his potential and ratings arent very high. I guess you are right with the whole rebuilding thing, unless i somehow pull off a 10 game win streak (lol.) The Chiefs are 5-1, and the Chargers and Raiders are 2-4 and 1-4, it's just not a good year for the AFC west besides KC. As for my defense they are playing well, and would be doing a lot better if the opposing teams' offenses didn't have the ball twice as long as my offense does.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLamm16
Yeah I don't think Wilson is the next big thing. I don't want to ruin his stuff for others but lets just say his potential and ratings arent very high. I guess you are right with the whole rebuilding thing, unless i somehow pull off a 10 game win streak (lol.) The Chiefs are 5-1, and the Chargers and Raiders are 2-4 and 1-4, it's just not a good year for the AFC west besides KC. As for my defense they are playing well, and would be doing a lot better if the opposing teams' offenses didn't have the ball twice as long as my offense does.
Since it's obvious ur not enamored with Wilson, go after the best QB available...With most of ur skill position players already set, a top-flight QB wudd surely take u over the top...especially if there's a Brees/Rodgers type or if a rookie QB ur scouting is projected in the top-5.....if u go with a QB in FA, draft a workhorse RB some time in the early rounds..That way u wont feel pressured to have ur QB do everything or vice versa if u sign a RB in FA....your situation is not that dire....also this goes without saying, make sure ur O-line is solidified...u have good bookend tackles with Clady and Franklin along with Kuper...see if u can upgrade ur LG and C positions
Old 01-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

Do you think McGahee can be that workhorse runningback? I wanted to use him to help solidify other positions but still. I'm also playing Wilson's first game back vs the Ravens and it is not looking good. In fact, its a blowout. It hasnt helped that Wilson is just missing wide open recievers and has turned the ball over THREE TIMES so far either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLamm16
Do you think McGahee can be that workhorse runningback? I wanted to use him to help solidify other positions but still. I'm also playing Wilson's first game back vs the Ravens and it is not looking good. In fact, its a blowout. It hasnt helped that Wilson is just missing wide open recievers and has turned the ball over THREE TIMES so far either.
McGahee is a short-term fix in my eyes....he's at the point in his career where a RB's skill set starts to deteriorate....i'd prolly give him 2 more years max but in Madden who knows......depending on if ur the in-between the tackles or the bust it outside for big gains kinda rusher, i'd start to look elsewhere.....Ben Tate from the Texans wouldn't be a bad option

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »