Home

why is it impossible to scramble with a QB in this game?

This is a discussion on why is it impossible to scramble with a QB in this game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #1
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10
why is it impossible to scramble with a QB in this game?

even with speed threshold at 0 its near impossible to break away and scramble with a QB. what gives?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: why is it impossible to scramble with a QB in this game?

You're crazy. I have zero issues with this.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

You can still run. On the older games, it was easier to run outside. I've found that it is easier to scramble right up the middle on this version of Madden. Very often, players will make no attempt to tackle you even when they're in zone defense. I find this quite frustrating when I'm playing defense. Scrambling with the QB is definitely possible, though. I don't know how often you're trying to run, but you definitely can. Jay Cutler put up like 70 rushing yards on me the other day and he's not even fast.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:06 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebird99
even with speed threshold at 0 its near impossible to break away and scramble with a QB. what gives?
Are you sure you're playing Madden?

Running with a QB is probably one of the easiest ways to move the ball... Perhaps you're running when its not the best idea. There are many ways to stop QB's the scramble and if you try to take off in those instances, it's rarely going to work.

Sounds like you need to work on your reads so you aren't running in situations where running is a bad idea.

Later
Old 01-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

scrambling with the qb is actually great in 12' been having alot of fun with cam newton
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
Rookie

don28's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebird99
On XBox360, hold the left trigger while scrambling. It allows the QB to scramble at an appropriate rate of speed.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #7
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
You can still run. On the older games, it was easier to run outside. I've found that it is easier to scramble right up the middle on this version of Madden. Very often, players will make no attempt to tackle you even when they're in zone defense. I find this quite frustrating when I'm playing defense. Scrambling with the QB is definitely possible, though. I don't know how often you're trying to run, but you definitely can. Jay Cutler put up like 70 rushing yards on me the other day and he's not even fast.
I hate that the most when playing the CPU. The QB clearly tucks the ball and goes to run, he'll stutter and take forever to get going... yet my LBs will continue to back peddle in zone... and when you finally switch to the closest one he'll be taken the worlds worst angel to the QB.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

It's much easier to scramble with the QB if you just move the stick alone before hitting the sprint button, if you hit the sprint button to try to take off immediately I've found more often than not the QB will get too slow of a start and get smashed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »