Home

Five Things EA Sports must do for Success in Madden NFL 13

This is a discussion on Five Things EA Sports must do for Success in Madden NFL 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 19
i think they also need to totally revamp the franchise..they said last year they worked on it but it was the same ol boring ****! I really enjoy the NBA 2k12 association. it keeps you interested.

would also like them to add snapshots on replays. in NCAA football 12 you were able to snap and upload snapshots. Why wouldnt they put that in madden as well?
Old 01-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #34
Rookie

Kbjunior's Arena

OVR: 2
That list is perfect #1 Pass Trajectory is the reason I skipped Madden the pass couple of years. I remember Madden 06 had a tutorial on how to pass with "pass with precision" QB Precision placement just being able to throw the ball High or low, inside or outside shoulder controlling each pass is huge I still dont understand why they would take that out the game. #5 Animations I do agree that there needs to be a variety of moves just needs to be more dynamic in replicating the game of football
Old 01-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #35
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Can we please get a player-lock cam on defense???!?!?!?!?!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Five Things EA Sports must do for Success in Madden NFL 13

Great list.

We want see any changes in Madden until next-gen.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
How bout Online Servers that can keep up with the amount of people on @ any given time... Why this is a problem year after year is beyond me. Especially since they supposedly collect data on how may users play this title online.

I won't even get into Online Leagues & the little control they give League Admins
Old 01-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
For me:

1) Line interactions. Make the 3-4 finally work as it should...or if it doesn't work, make it because I don't have 3-4 linemen. Have OL have more realistic blocking awareness and pass rush working effectively out of the box (more pass rushing from 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DEs). Against the run, DL should try to set the edges and open defensive gaps for the LBs, not breaking through and making the tackles themselves. This is achievable with edits, but should be out of the box as that's how the game is played.

2) Coverage. Use PRC for anticipation for where the ball would go if thrown at that receiver. ZCV is for reaction time to the ball in zone and filling his zone responsibility, MCV for staying with the WR, but not running the route in front of/before the WR defines his route.

3) WR/DB interactions - more hand-fighting/physical bumping within 5 yds (and then illegal contact/defensive holding/PI for contact later), more results than my WR getting held up for 2 seconds or the DB falling down and being totally out of the play.

4) Personnel groupings/Special Teams depth charts - Allows us a way to at least do formation subs BEFORE the game, not having to use the play clock work around during the game. That should be for adjustments in game, not for setting up the personnel group to begin with. And finally let us set S.T. charts.

5. Sliding/Morphing/Animation dictating - Got to go. Hit boxes for all objects on the field should be respected at all times. Once I had a TD pass that felt good, but when I looked at it on replay - the ball went through the defender's hand...That should have been a deflection for the defense, not a TD for me. I'm guess that's because the animation/probabilities said that pass should go for a score so it did, regardless of the on-field action. The probabilities should come into play in other ways, not for creating the whole play, but for determining specific choices by the players and the success rate of those actions.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #39
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

1.Real time physics and more animations
2.Commentary
3.Passing
4.All penalties and challenge system
5.Special teams blocks
Old 01-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
Great list.

We want see any changes in Madden until next-gen.

With the people in place now, we may not see any real change or innovation until the gen after or beyond when they're all hopefully gone, because they've proven as a team they can't get it done. They seem too busy hiring guys off of message boards who have no pro history in that business, and trying to snag people from teams more talented than theirs failing to realize that when you hire cheap and then try to pick up star free agents to fill the gaps it rarely works because there is an imbalance. Imbalance is the perfect word to define this game.

It's sad to see so many posts and articles talking about Madden "getting close" or something like that. For God's sake, it's a generation old now! Using terms like "getting close" is ridiculous now. That's something you say about a 2nd or 3rd gen title, not a 7th or 8th that's now long in the tooth. If that alone doesn't explain how this game has failed I don't what does. I'm to the point I don't even wanna hear another word from the devs of this game or see their faces or hear their names, they really need to go away now. You know they're just going to say the same things and come up shy anyway so why keep dragging the public through it? It's obviously not helping sales any (Madden 12 is on a downward crash course to hit below 4 million on 360/PS3!), it's not helping their image either. Nobody likes to see and listen to subpar performing players from a losing team. Come back next gen, but for now I want them to be invisible just like the delivery on the promises they've made for nearly 8 seasons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »