Home

Online League BS

This is a discussion on Online League BS within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Online League BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Got to that part before I finally cracked up.... come on man!

BTW OP, the guy only rushed 2 on D the entire time? As long as you covered before getting hit you should have torn him up on the ground...
Don't laugh.

The only reason you haven't heard of the system I use is because I haven't trademarked the name and process yet. It was the basis of a college paper I wrote in 2007 about how SIM leagues stack up the NFL.

Trust me, as soon as it's trademarked - I'll roll out the questionnaire and the system so that people like JJ04 can avoid getting in leagues that don't suit their style and skill level. Every league will get a % based on how close the rules are...

Later
Old 01-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Other guys see it as a meta-game within football, and that's fine. BUT, that's no reason to lecture a guy just because he didn't have fun in a specific league. Tell him to find another league that fits his style, don't bolster yourself while talking down to people, TNT. We don't need the agenda.
Sorry... I'm not the type to give a darn about feelings. I'm the guy that wants a former drill sergeant as a therapist. All of my relationships with males are based on competition of some sort. Simply put, if we don't compete, we aren't friends. That said, outside of competition I don't have much to do with people. If someone isn't driven by the competition - I don't want to talk to 'em.

I'm an *** like that.

Later
Old 01-28-2012, 01:23 AM   #11
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Don't laugh.

The only reason you haven't heard of the system I use is because I haven't trademarked the name and process yet. It was the basis of a college paper I wrote in 2007 about how SIM leagues stack up the NFL.

Trust me, as soon as it's trademarked - I'll roll out the questionnaire and the system so that people like JJ04 can avoid getting in leagues that don't suit their style and skill level. Every league will get a % based on how close the rules are...

Later
*You can have and use a trademark/servicemark without "registering" it. If there are no prior claims than it is yours.

*FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. This is in no way an attempt to practice law and I am not giving legal advice. Seek appropriate counsel for legal matters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2012, 05:33 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Man, this TNT guy probably gets so many women.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #13
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I dunno. I haven't found a true exploit that had no counter in this years madden except for the qb sneak. Since defense is the most overlooked aspect of madden from both a game and philosophy point of view, people find it hard to find out why certain plays work. If they're gonna come out in I formation a lot. I would probably use a base Defense. Cover 4. Put everyone in a zone and user a safety to cover the RB. Take out their first read. It works for TE, Rb, and slot receivers. Its just a matter of taking away their most trusted option. They'll either change their play style or go into panic mode and force passes. Running I've found that cpu can actually make plays better than I can. But I'm def more agressive with tackling.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #14
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713

League play is NOT for people who play for fun - it's 100% serious business.I wouldn't say it's a garbage league, but it's obviously one that isn't fit for your brand of football as you play right now. Maybe you aren't ready. Maybe you are but you just needed to be kicked in the pants to jump start your competitive spirit.
this is the total opposite of everything my whole site and league stands for.. there are plenty of leagues out there that are community based with good solid guys who avoid the above mentalities at all cost.

Find the right fit for you, don't let anyone tell you how your "suppose" to play the game or how "serious" your supposed to take it.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid

Last edited by RynoAid; 01-28-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
this is the total opposite of everything my whole site and league stands for.. there are plenty of leagues out there that are community based with good solid guys who avoid the above mentalities at all cost.

Find the right fit for you, don't let anyone tell you how your "suppose" to play the game or how "serious" your supposed to take it.
Agreed... There are plenty of leagues with like minded owners enjoying the game. Sometimes, those leagues are deadly serious, other times they are all about having fun. I'm a fan of deadly serious leagues that are as close to the rules of the NFL as possible because those are the type that best fit my personality (my skill set is not quite up to par yet to adequately compete in those leagues though).

Nothing is worse than a deadly serious player ending up in a league that's meant to be fun for all - or a player seeking fun who winds up in a deadly serious league.

And if we can agree on nothing else, there aren't enough tools available for players looking to join a league to locate the best league for them. That's what I'm working to produce.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyskoods
Man, this TNT guy probably gets so many women.
Let's just say - don't bring your girl around me. ;D

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »