Home

32 team franchise mode?

This is a discussion on 32 team franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 32 team franchise mode?

Looks like alot of work to do ill definitely check out that handbook seems pretty legit. And what do you mean by keeping players from retiring? I didnt think you could do that.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #10
Rookie

if I activated 32 teams and played as one team would the AI act the same as they do playing only as one team? lol
Old 02-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by romschomp
if I activated 32 teams and played as one team would the AI act the same as they do playing only as one team? lol
all depends on what you set for user and cpu control. one downfall, is you have to come up with your own trades yourself. i dont like to get that into that part, so my "in-house" rule is no trades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romschomp
Looks like alot of work to do ill definitely check out that handbook seems pretty legit. And what do you mean by keeping players from retiring? I didnt think you could do that.
save your francise before the retirements. then go through the retirement portion and see whos retireing. then go back and reload your franchise, that you just saved before retirements and change those players to 99 rated punters. once you go throught the retirement portion and see that they didnt retire, go back and change them back to their original positions. its pretty sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabs2
I play 32 team franchise too but can't figure out how to get the CPU to bid on free agents in the offseason. Once I get to the free agent bidding stage there is little to no activity. Ocassionally 1-2 teams will make a bid or two, but it doesn't work the way it does when controlling only one team where there is a frenzy of activity. I have all teams set to CPU for free agent bidding, but it still doesn't work right. Does anybody else have this problem?
i am guessing you have changed your priority sliders? i ran into this problem when i did that. keep all priority sliders at 100 for all the teams you are not playing with. i keep my custom sliders for my team the same all the time, then change only the team i am playing at the time. once the game is done, i change them back to 100.

one other little "in-house" rule i like to do since i sign every draft pick, is when you are resigning the players for each team, i say they have to keep $20m in cap space going into FA bidding and Draft Pick signing. that way i dont run into salary cap problems in years down the road, and everyone is on somewhat of a more level playing field so to speak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

The computer doesn't trade with itself, does it? I know t doesn't in Madden 11.

If for no other reason to run a 32 team franchise, it would be to do this.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #13
Rookie

LOL that is an amazing exploit! I will definitely keep that in mind if I want a vet to stay another year for one more shot realistically

Last edited by romschomp; 02-08-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
The computer doesn't trade with itself, does it? I know t doesn't in Madden 11.

If for no other reason to run a 32 team franchise, it would be to do this.
Nah they dont, and when playing the 32 team franch there is no trade block action by the CPU controlled teams
Old 02-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #15
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Well in a one team franchise the computer has uses the trade block... but doesn't trade with itself. They just sit on the block. It's basically the other 31 teams asking you if you want to trade with them.

It would be nice if the computer traded with itself like in NBA2k10/11/12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atorvick
all depends on what you set for user and cpu control. one downfall, is you have to come up with your own trades yourself. i dont like to get that into that part, so my "in-house" rule is no trades.

save your francise before the retirements. then go through the retirement portion and see whos retireing. then go back and reload your franchise, that you just saved before retirements and change those players to 99 rated punters. once you go throught the retirement portion and see that they didnt retire, go back and change them back to their original positions. its pretty sweet

i am guessing you have changed your priority sliders? i ran into this problem when i did that. keep all priority sliders at 100 for all the teams you are not playing with. i keep my custom sliders for my team the same all the time, then change only the team i am playing at the time. once the game is done, i change them back to 100.

one other little "in-house" rule i like to do since i sign every draft pick, is when you are resigning the players for each team, i say they have to keep $20m in cap space going into FA bidding and Draft Pick signing. that way i dont run into salary cap problems in years down the road, and everyone is on somewhat of a more level playing field so to speak.
Yes, I change my priority sliders. I change a lot of things, which is why I run a 32 team franchise. I'll have to try this though, thanks for the tip!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »