Home

Madden on HDTV.. Please help! game Looks like crap

This is a discussion on Madden on HDTV.. Please help! game Looks like crap within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #9
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden on HDTV.. Please help! game Looks like crap

Sounds like it's a Madden issue.

On a serious note, for the person who said there is a difference between HDMI and component, the only three real differences should be:

1) HDMI is capable of performing at a 1080p resolution. Since Madden is not, this should be irrelevant.

2) HDMI can provide digital audio. You can, of course, go optical out through your television, but if you want to run it through a receiver and decode something lossless (again, I doubt Madden offers this), you'll need HDMI.

3) HDMI probably allows you to tweak certain picture settings on your TV that component wouldn't, such as film interpolation and white balance tweaks. If you don't touch these settings anyway, it might not matter.

However, you absolutely will need HDMI or component for maximum resolution output and color gradience, and you are at absolutely no loss for choosing HDMI over component, aside from compatibility issues if you need to use it for another kind of TV (or you have a receiver which does not accept HDMI). You can get them on the cheap at Monoprice.com.

If you have all of this running properly, and are outputting Madden at 720p, then you may need to either re-calibrate your television, or you just might not like the look of Madden. Don't worry though, you wouldn't be the only one.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy71
Listen to JayTee'!!!! he the only1 right, red/white/yellow are composite cables, the red/blue/green are the component cables,
And to say no diff in using Composite vs Component, Must own a CHEAP AZZ tv....cause you can't even compare the two'!!!!!!!!!!!
On the flip side, Make sure you download a update or something EA had to put out for PS3 users, Cause Madden looked like crap no matter what cables you use until EA fit it.....
yes your right i didnt see he was talking bout ps3, and i didnt mean it as theres no diff in using the diff cables just the reg cords shouldnt be making it look as bad as he said. and yes my 65 in and 40 in hd tv's are cheap

Last edited by pegout; 01-29-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #11
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

I don't own a ps3 but in the 360 the dashboard has hd settings, you might want to check what the hd settings are on the ps3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 49

Ok, before I say what im about to say I want to let everyone know the following
1.I love the ps3
2.I prefer the ps3 when the game is equal/better
3.free online gaming simply is awesome

Now that I said that, here is the honest truth. I traded in my ps3 copy of madden 12 and bought a xbox 360 version(used). The difference was incredible. The ps3 has so many jaggies, and there is a very washed out look that is just hard to get the color right. There is also contrast/brightness issues as well as a sharpening issue IMO.

I couldnt stand how my ps3 version of madden 12 looked on my 52" sony lcd, or my 22" lcd. Both tried at 720p and 1080p.

Ive noticed that both madden and nba 2k games jut look much better on xbox. very sad, but true.

I'm not a 360 fanboy, far from it. I prefer the ps3's menue system/blu rau ability/ and free online gaming.....however there are a lot of games that are far superior on 360, and look like poor ported copies on ps3.

the ps3 version got a patch to help fix some graphic issues(see the grass turf field thread) but they didnt catch it all, just some. I hate the whole 360 vs ps3 junk, but this is what I have found to be true. Hope this helps anyone who is wondering which system to buy for
Old 10-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #13
Rookie

gametime25's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm having the same issues with my HDTV monitor Samsung T27B350. Madden looks like crap, but Infamous & Uncharted looks nice smh.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #14
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i dont have any problem's with madden just hooked it up to my 47 inch Vizio HDTV and the picture looked great. i also played it on a 40 inch rca HDTV and the picture looks great...only time it dosent is if i hook it up useing just the reg red,white,yellow cables then the picture looks bad but with a HDMI cable looks like u watching a real game.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by goNAVYbeatarmy
I just bought madden 12 for the PS3 so I can play it on my roommates big screen HDTV. Frankly, the graphics look like **** on this thing. Its a great TV, am I doing something wrong? Are there settings I can fix?
Im not a big techie so any advice will be greatly appreciated.
What im seeing is a very pixelated game especially when the action starts and when the camera zooms out. I feel as though I got a boot-leg version of Madde

Please help!
The game is a huge step back this year. PS3 is very jaggy l;ooking, and the xox version is very soft and blurry.

pick your poison.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Component cables can do 1080p.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »