Home

would love to see Name change &.....

This is a discussion on would love to see Name change &..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: would love to see Name change &.....

I can understand the Name in away....But the cover is so open, Like to see them use the ESPN name a lot more, EA spent tons of money for it...Looks like they just did that to stop anyone other from using it..
And yes i understand they have diff teams working on each diff item of the game, You also said they was working a lot on online for 13'!!!! just hope they don't forget us Ole men in the Offline...Hint Hint EA....LOL.....I don't know i just like to see a Total All Around Good Football game....Just One Time, EA could just throw the Book at Madden...and see what happens...look at how many years EA have made Madden/Football games, They should be so FAR ahead with it, I would even play a Madden game for two years, If they hold off a year to make a awesome game...I think we all would. Or Not'!!!!!!! lol...But it does get old just paying $65 dollars for roster updates, pretty grass, New looking uniforms,
Old 02-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
It's what inside that counts

If it ain't broke...For EA to think of changing this name they would be misguided at best. The best thing they have going for them is the name. Madden and Football gameing go together John Madden is more known for this game than he is for coaching or commentating. This game has been on top for decades so a name change would be suicide given the fact that the product has had issues. It will not improve the Franchise experience if they change the name so I doesn't matter to me. It would only confuse the public. The cover is a different story but I would not touch that either. I rather them fix the franchise and the gameplay I could care if the cover had a football on it or a picture of Peyton Hillis in a cast. NBA Action was a terrible game the name change did nothing in itself you have to fix the game first.

Last edited by 1D4ever; 02-01-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: would love to see Name change &.....

I don't think the name is going to change anytime soon:

Quote:
Apr 16, 2009 12:22 pm PT- Electronic Arts released a statement from EA Sports president Peter Moore saying that the publisher's football series will keep its ties to the Madden name.

"We're excited to see his legacy live on in the 21st year of Madden NFL football, and well beyond," Moore said. "It's been a privilege for EA Sports to have had the strong relationship we've had with John for more than two decades and one that will continue into the future."
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »