Home

What kind of franichse mode player are you?

This is a discussion on What kind of franichse mode player are you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What kind of franichse mode player are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I play all 16 regular season games. I also will take a peak at other games on the schedule each week and sometimes I will pick one (obviously that is after my scheduled franchise game) that looks like a marque match-up and play that as well.

In the post season I also play multiple games to scout and get a feel for the other teams I may face. If I get knocked out then my season is over and I sim the rest.

During the season I scout of course, do contract extensions for every team and then the off-seasonI just handle my own team for the draft, FA and rookie signings.

I am in year 3 right now if my Dolphins chise. Year one I actually made it to the AFC title game only to fall to the Steelers in a blow out. Year two we regressed and went 8-8.

We stumbled out of the gate in year three to start 1-3 but have reeled off wins in 3 out of our last 4.

By the time Madden 13 drops I will have finished 5 complete seasons which is what my average is normally with Madden.
LOL dude, im using the Dolphins too and my first year we were one step from the superbowl and lost to the steelers as well. I think I either had 9 or 10 wins that season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
I tend to take the approach that I am like Jerry Jones - Owner and GM...

I prefer to pick a system I want and start from the QB and build around his abilities. I prefer to run a 4-3 Defense and in doing so I know what I am looking for in size and such for my D-Line and LBs....

After that, it just becomes a task of finding diamonds in the rough and plugging them in. I have taken advantage of the ratings editor for ALL teams as I don't think progression works very well in this game. I had Carlton Mitchell blow up in years 3 and 4 at WR and decided that he deserved to have at least B Potential, so I upped his ratings slightly in order to do this. He is now the #1 WR for the Colts with Mike Vick at QB.

I also make a lot of big trades during the draft and signings during Free Agency. I picked up Revis for $78 million for 6 years... it didn't start paying off until I moved him to Safety because he lost a step.

I also drafted a sick HB out of Syracuse after Season 1... He shared carries with Hillis in season 2 and I traded him to Arizona in the off-season... regretted that for a couple of years as I also traded Hillis and missed the playoffs in season 3.

I love making sacrifices and taking chances on players that might be too fat or too small as well. Altogether, I like to make my franchise an adventure with a story that only video games can dream up.
Awesome, I love playing the GM role more than the actual games at times. You guys might find this weird but truthfully what I like about playing the games is the " progressive lighting". Like each quarter the sky would change like from evening to night time. I've been missing that feature since the ps2 days and they're now putting back in. I enjoy the little things like that, im even glad that they put all the helmets in the game.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #27
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindtime2311
LOL dude, im using the Dolphins too and my first year we were one step from the superbowl and lost to the steelers as well. I think I either had 9 or 10 wins that season.

We finished 9-7 and backed into the post season only to go on a heck of a run! With Chad Henne no less.

Well now we have Nick Young a stud "A" potential QB taken in the 3rd round after some great scouting on him paid off. He has really come on like wild fire these last 5 games and he and Brandon Marshall are beasting right now. Of course a key off-season trade for Chris Johnson at RB and the free agent landing of Jared Cook at TE has bolstered the offense big time.

Good luck with your Fins chise .
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 02-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
We finished 9-7 and backed into the post season only to go on a heck of a run! With Chad Henne no less.

Well now we have Nick Young a stud "A" potential QB taken in the 3rd round after some great scouting on him paid off. He has really come on like wild fire these last 5 games and he and Brandon Marshall are beasting right now. Of course a key off-season trade for Chris Johnson at RB and the free agent landing of Jared Cook at TE has bolstered the offense big time.

Good luck with your Fins chise .
Thanks, my Phin's are doing great man. I have a 90 overall with them now. I mean I managed to get Andy Dalton as my QB successor to Matt Moore who was also playing well. But we needed that extra step, Dalton came in and took the championship. Same year I had sign Asante Samuel. The team is full of studs offense and defense but Since Asante had retired, I really need to find a better second starting CB. Also we now run a 4-3 defense.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #29
Rookie

whoops, I mean a 93 overall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »