Home

Madden NFL 13 Community Event #1 - Feedback Wanted

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Community Event #1 - Feedback Wanted within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 09:04 PM   #17
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Community Event #1 - Feedback Wanted

DPP - are they building on this great feature from Madden 12

The Draft - Are they making it an event like the real NFL. I would ask Josh Looman if they will bring in the HC09 treatment to the draft with Adam Shefter reporting and really making the draft a fun event with crowd noise after picks etc.

Dynamic story lines, rumors and a in-studio weekly recap show in franchise mode (like that other game had back in 2004).

Dynamic play by play and color commentary.

Those are the areas I am really hoping get improved off the field.

On the field:

WR/CB interaction

OL/DL interaction and getting sucked into a block right at the snap while playing DE (this drives me nuts).

Penalties. Please ask about making a system that works with PI, and getting much more variation in what penalties are called.

Thanks!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 01-31-2012, 09:29 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Heading to Community Day - Ask about Madden 13 Here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Ask in both... I have my strengths, and I'm sure RedZoneD has his. simply ask the question you want of the guy you want to check it out. Nothing wrong with having two sets of eyes with two different perspectives.

For my own curiosity, I'll be focused on X's and O's primarily, player interaction and whether football technique is better, whether the user tools have improved, etc...

Later
Then you'll be the one I'll tie my message for you to carry to the gods (or near enough for our M13 universe)

Is the implementation of the 3-4 improved? Can pass rushers occupy two blockers like the dl can on run stopping (double team blocking)? Are there now 3-4 linemen and 4-3 linemen? (Players with physical traits/tendencies/ratings that make them better in one scheme than another?

Can we make more advanced/subtle line calls, like focusing protection on stopping a certain guy, or assigning help to a protector that is struggling?

Is there more awareness/line calls on run plays say to switch zone blocking etc (not just the same calls for run/pass)? Assuming we can't design our plays, are there more diverse defensive sets and assignments within the playbooks? Is engage eight FINALLY dead and gone? Is this the year we get tiered defensive play calling, at least as an option? How about true route-based passing, as an option?
Old 01-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #19
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I should mention that I too am making a return to CD this year. I'm knee-deep in these OS streets though (LOL), so I have a relatively good idea as to what this community is generally looking for.

Certainly looking forward to meeting this TNT dude though HA!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:40 PM   #20
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Can fix the bug where in preseaon WR playing defense later inthe game.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:46 PM   #21
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Already hit you up on twitter, but have some fun down there and represent franchise mode well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2012, 10:52 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 16

This thread needs stickied.

(Should be approved by Steve_OS)

Presentation: Presentation wise, they made strides with the songs, but the crowd needs to be in the game more, chanting D-fence on third downs, terrible towels waving at Heinz Field and etc, and cheering on TD's. Then Gus needs to act accordingly, and not be more excited being down at the 20 yard line than scoring a TD, and he should start announcing before ball is even snapped. Also for stats in game, include hurries and catches allowed.

Special Teams: Kickers accuracy should be more based off the overall of the kicker rather than the difficulty. Why is punt return and kick return blocking so horrendous? There should be formation subs on kickoffs and other positions.

Emotion: The game feels lifeless. It's like robots that you control. Instead, there needs to be more emotion, some from announcing, and some from the players celebrations, while also copying their level on the field.

3-4 Defense: The Defense needs some big changes. It's almost like Madden is based off the 4-3. Pass-blocking fits in with this as a huge upgrade needed. This also includes different ratings for Dline and LB's depending on position. Aaron Smith is rater lower in Madden, because he is up against a rating skill dependent upon a 4-3 DE skill level. A 4-3 DE should not have same skill level in a 3-4 as in a 4-3 and likewise for DT's (just look at Haynesworth).

Clock Management / Decision Making: For the CPU, they need better clock management, and not pause the game at 1:01 at end of every half. Also, they need to play to their strength. For example, Steelers have great run D, so have the other team pass much more then they run on the Steelers. If a team has quick CB's and safeties, don't have the QB try to throw deep a lot.

Penalties / Challenges Have more different types of penalties, and actually have them be called. (Def PI might have been called three times, since I got it in August, Off PI has never been called, and roughing the passer has been called 3 times, and it was 3 consecutive pass plays in 1 game I might add. For challenges, we need to be able to have more options to challenge (and actually have all challenges programmed in if we aren't given a choice).

Skating: Even with the locomotion, WR's still skate around, when you control them. This should never happen. Also, we should never see the ball go through player's bodies.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:55 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I should mention that I too am making a return to CD this year. I'm knee-deep in these OS streets though (LOL), so I have a relatively good idea as to what this community is generally looking for.

Certainly looking forward to meeting this TNT dude though HA!
Just end anything you say with "later" and you will be golden!!

Did the WR / CB interactions improve?

Can CB's catch near the sidelines?

Did the OL / DE interactions improve?
Old 01-31-2012, 11:08 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

Better linking with the NCAA games. With expanded rosters, the draft class that comes over should be MUCH MUCH deeper and have REAL undrafted free agents that fill the teams. No need for made up players when you have 100s of extras that don't get imported into the draft.

Someone mentioned something like coaching the senior bowl. This is something you can do in EA's NHL games. There is a young prospects game and you get to play the game with all of the prospects coming into the league. Something like that would be GREAT.

Draft busts and gems also are a MUST. In order to do this I think a better progression system is needed that is performance based. For rookies this means if a guy is getting playing time and his performance is good, his rating should go up, no matter what round he was drafted in. They need to throw "potential" out the window. Every kid coming from college has great skill and how he is coached and handled generally determines if he succeeds or not. On the other hand, if a player drafted early either isn't getting playing time, or is not performing well on the field, his rating should be lowered.

Here is my thinking on the progression system. Much like EA provides roster updates every week where player ratings go up and down based on performance, the same thing should happen in a Madden franchise. If Victor Cruz starts the season as a 67 OVR, and he has a 100+ yard game, his rating the following week should be 70 maybe. If he has another one, 73. After 4-5 100 yard games throughout the season, his rating would wind up around 87 where it is now after EAs roster updates.

Other big things on my mind are teams using different defensive schemes and signing and using free agents to their scheme. Maybe every player should have a position he plays on a 4-3 defensive team, and a secondary position he would be if he was on a 3-4 team. Of course they would also have to find a way to prevent changing LBs to DEs and seeing their rating skyrocket as well.

Free agency bidding needs an overhaul as well. More time should be #1. Number two, you shouldnt be able to just bid up a player and get anyone you want every offseason. I feel like if there was a set of interests, similar to NCAAs recruiting system, that would help a lot. Each team has a rating for coach prestige, team prestige, stadium amenities, city life, weather, money, etc should all be factors in free agency that determine where a free agent wants to go.

Just a few things I thought of for offline franchise mode.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »