Home

Madden NFL 13 Community Event #1 - Feedback Wanted

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Community Event #1 - Feedback Wanted within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 13 Community Event #1 - Feedback Wanted

My question is how many community days have we had and EA invite people from these boards? Bezo, rgile and others have been too these things and how much influence have there insights been? Rgile loves presentation from my history on these boards and look at Madden12 presentation, take out the broadcast cameras and intros, what else is there? Why do these guys invite us there and the development is already in alpha, so the core is already place. why don't they invite guys right at the initial meetings for feedback? I'm sure over the years, EA has heard plenty from the community as far as presentation and gameplay from individuals from these boards, but yet look at what where getting and it puzzles me who they listening too. I hope CAM is different, because Ian and Phil had there own agenda in mind. If anyone disagrees, look at the proof in gameplay and presentation that we have now. To me it's like a publicity stunt, but I could be wrong, let's hope these guys and listening for a change. If not we might be getting MADDEN12.5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #66
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
My question is how many community days have we had and EA invite people from these boards? Bezo, rgile and others have been too these things and how much influence have there insights been? Rgile loves presentation from my history on these boards and look at Madden12 presentation, take out the broadcast cameras and intros, what else is there? Why do these guys invite us there and the development is already in alpha, so the core is already place. why don't they invite guys right at the initial meetings for feedback? I'm sure over the years, EA has heard plenty from the community as far as presentation and gameplay from individuals from these boards, but yet look at what where getting and it puzzles me who they listening too. I hope CAM is different, because Ian and Phil had there own agenda in mind. If anyone disagrees, look at the proof in gameplay and presentation that we have now. To me it's like a publicity stunt, but I could be wrong, let's hope these guys and listening for a change. If not we might be getting MADDEN12.5
I think there is a lot of historic truth to this post. CD has felt in the past like more of a "let's get an early community reaction to what EA is already doing" versus "let's bring in the community earlier so EA can react to what the community wants done".

Like adfletch stated, hopefully things are different now and what EA is doing, is making Madden as NFL authentic as possible while bringing in the community to influence the implementation like RynoAid suggested.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Certainly looking forward to meeting this TNT dude though HA!
Ditto @Rgiles36

I'll explain the afro in advance - I grow out my hair and shave it for a pediatric children's cancer charity called St. Baldrick's. I've shaved twice and my team(s) have raised over $4000. Photos of last event - St. Baldrick's Fundraiser

Back to the Madden - Keep the questions coming. I see a good list developing.

Later
Old 02-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 28

From talking to guys who have gone to community day in the past, it's been a mixed bag. There have been several instances of guys telling them about things that are blatantly wrong with what they see on the field, yet the gameplay guys would get annoyed with the comments and claim that they wanted to keep the game "fun". Other guys DID want to make changes to the game but were vetoed at some point.

I think having guys who work on Madden that know football is of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE. There is a big difference between a guy who wants to work on Madden and LOVES football as opposed to a guy who could work on Madden or Skyrim and doesn't give a crap. This is why all of this nonsense about "the suits" making decisions is bull. That's not how it works. The "suits" could care less what goes on at the development level. They care about one thing - bottom line. If the sales are not good, they will ask questions to the people that DO decide what goes into the games. There are strategists and intelligent creative directors who should be deciding what goes into the game. Not to mention, what actually goes into the game hasn't even been as big of an issue as what IS in the game that doesn't work right or is flat out broken.

If they have truly made changes for the better at Tiburon, it all starts with the talent and the passion of the people working on the product. It's no different than any other team. If you actually care about what you are working on, it will turn out better. Changing the culture from an excuse-ridden hot bed of mediocrity to a passionate, "there is nothing we can't do" culture is the first order of business that needed to be done there.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #69
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
From talking to guys who have gone to community day in the past, it's been a mixed bag. There have been several instances of guys telling them about things that are blatantly wrong with what they see on the field, yet the gameplay guys would get annoyed with the comments and claim that they wanted to keep the game "fun". Other guys DID want to make changes to the game but were vetoed at some point.

I think having guys who work on Madden that know football is of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE. There is a big difference between a guy who wants to work on Madden and LOVES football as opposed to a guy who could work on Madden or Skyrim and doesn't give a crap. This is why all of this nonsense about "the suits" making decisions is bull. That's not how it works. The "suits" could care less what goes on at the development level. They care about one thing - bottom line. If the sales are not good, they will ask questions to the people that DO decide what goes into the games. There are strategists and intelligent creative directors who should be deciding what goes into the game. Not to mention, what actually goes into the game hasn't even been as big of an issue as what IS in the game that doesn't work right or is flat out broken.

If they have truly made changes for the better at Tiburon, it all starts with the talent and the passion of the people working on the product. It's no different than any other team. If you actually care about what you are working on, it will turn out better. Changing the culture from an excuse-ridden hot bed of mediocrity to a passionate, "there is nothing we can't do" culture is the first order of business that needed to be done there.
Suits, maybe not, marketing, you bet they play a big part.

Increased penalties and improved game play from what has been discussed in here is what I'm interested in, including much better presentation.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 10

I know rgiles is big on presentation over the years, so I'll be interested in what he has too say. I know these guys can't say anything about what they see, but the question will be from me is it better than NFL2k5 presentation package. Simple yes or no will suffice...hint rgiles.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Ditto @Rgiles36

I'll explain the afro in advance - I grow out my hair and shave it for a pediatric children's cancer charity called St. Baldrick's. I've shaved twice and my team(s) have raised over $4000. Photos of last event - St. Baldrick's Fundraiser

Back to the Madden - Keep the questions coming. I see a good list developing.

Later
Dang, much respect bruh for the work you do man , I just donates when I can but this is really cool man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 25

I would say we had a pretty good impact on last years game especially in terms of gameplay. We will see a lot of the feedback we took with us last year in this years game and also some of the feedback we take this year will make it into this years game. They are bringing in guys who have a certain focus on each aspect of the game (atleast that's what I see) so they will get a broad array of feedback and ideas.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »