Home

Thinking of getting Madden 12

This is a discussion on Thinking of getting Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Thinking of getting Madden 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Hey guys,

I haven't purchased a Madden game since 07, but I just noticed Wal-Mart is selling it for 39.99. This morning I downloaded the Madden 12 demo and had a blast. I am seriously considering taking advantage of this discounted price and picking up a copy, but I had a few questions?

Historically, EA patches make the game worse. What did the patches do for the game this year?

Does the patched game play better or worse than the demo?

I plan on constructing my own slider set for ths game, but which skill level is most recommended for this year's game?

Overall, What is your opinion of Madden 12?

Thanks for the input?
You definitely want to keep the gameplay on All-Madden. The All-Pro AI is pretty bad IMO. The sliders work different on Madden then it does on NCAA. You have a total point system for the USER you have to go by in order to keep the AI on All-Madden or All-Pro. I have a full brake down in my thread in slider forum if you want to get a better understanding of how the sliders work on Madden... Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions..
Old 02-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 32
Hey guys,

Thanks for the input. Thanks to you all, I am a proud new owner of Madden 12. I played a few games last night both online and off. I really enjoyed both. I spent hours last night monkeying around with slider settings and trying various slider sets. All were really good but it didn't take me long to realize this game was made to be played on the pro level. I probably won't release a thread or anything as these are not really my digs. However, feel free to PM me if you would like my thoughts.
Thanks again!
Old 02-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 32

I'll tell you what... This game plays as closely to a football simulation as I have ever seen on any console. I know everyone hates on the commentary, but even some of it is pretty darn good. EA did an incredible job with Madden 12.

Every penny of that 40.00 was worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #12
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks for the input. Thanks to you all, I am a proud new owner of Madden 12. I played a few games last night both online and off. I really enjoyed both. I spent hours last night monkeying around with slider settings and trying various slider sets. All were really good but it didn't take me long to realize this game was made to be played on the pro level. I probably won't release a thread or anything as these are not really my digs. However, feel free to PM me if you would like my thoughts.
Thanks again!
I found Playmakers "0" Hybrid sliders work best for me overall and feel the most organic.

There are things that sliders will not fix so I am content for now with this game and understand it's limitations.

Madden 13 really needs to step up the gameplay on the field big time for me to be a buyer. Otherwise Madden 12 will suit me just fine for another year.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 02-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks again!
You meant to say All-Pro right? There's no way you can talking about Pro being the level the game was meant to be played on... Once you get use to the gameplay on Madden you'll be messing around with All-Madden sliders. The gameplay is just right on All-Madden this year as far as stuff that most guys would have considered cheating on pass Maddens.. The Majority of the sliders in the slider forum are on All-Madden. Once you figure out the right stuff to tweak you'll be messing around with All-Madden too especially since you were working with Heisman on NCAA.. The gameplay is similiar in alot of ways with the sliders...
Old 02-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #14
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i had bought it day 1 and sold it to focus on ncaa fulltime....

i just bought it for 29.99 on psn still downloading, cant wait to put in 200+ hrs on this like i did with ncaa....

its not perfect but its fun i remember....

i see alot of slider talk in here i am still a believer in roster edits over sliders...

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 02-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
i had bought it day 1 and sold it to focus on ncaa fulltime....

i just bought it for 29.99 on psn still downloading, cant wait to put in 200+ hrs on this like i did with ncaa....

its not perfect but its fun i remember....

i see alot of slider talk in here i am still a believer in roster edits over sliders...
I'm sure Roster edits help alot on certain gameplay issues but you definitely need sliders to help the AI be competitive on the field..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #16
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

SEC, I'd definitely be interested in reading your thoughts on sliders; I used your NCAA set to make my NCAA 12 sliders, so I'd very much value your input on Madden.

Glad you are enjoying the game. I don't get to play as much as I'd like (I really need in-game saves), but when I do play, I enjoy myself, and that's all that matters.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »