Home

Was Eli's first TD pass possible????

This is a discussion on Was Eli's first TD pass possible???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #25
Rookie

MVP23's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Was Eli's first TD pass possible????

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegout
and irl you cant make that pass on a consistent basis, it was a bad decision with a great throw and a great catch, if mayo was a spilt sec slower ball doesnt make it if the db plays inside the wr instead of opering out ball doesnt get there

If you look at the play the DB was beat at the line and the linebacker was expected the ball to go right into Cruz stomach but Manning put the ball where only his guy could make the play and that was out in front of him. That's what most people want in this game to be able to throw to a spot.

Miami Heat

Miami Marlins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarviswise
After watching from the endzone view, I was impressed by Eli Manning's touchdown pass in the first quarter. Eli perfectly timed the pass, linebacker jarod mayo was turning to double team, and eli throw it right as he was turning. Putting the ball right under mayo's arm, who wasn't facing the ball and had no way of deflecting it, let alone pick it off.

Now I ask, would a pass like that be completed in madden? wouldn't the linebacker turn around and deflect or pick it, because of how the AI is set up. Has anybody been able to make a pass like that or anything close. This is something that needs to be addressed in madden because of how much passing can be improved.

Sometimes the DB doesn't see the ball, and QB will burn them because of that. This isn't seen in madden, the DB's always see the ball. and even if they look like they don't, they do find a way to see it.....
YES! I use default sliders.

You can throw past a defender that isn't looking... Works best on short/medium passes against MAN LOCK coverage. If the same pass is thrown against BASIC MAN coverage or zone, defenders are better at reacting to the ball.

On deep passes, defenders still defend passes with their heads turned, which is somewhat accurate because defenders use the sound of the crowd's "Ooohhhh" to know when the ball is thrown deep.

Later
Old 02-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #27
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

^^^^
Hmm, I had no idea the sound of the crowd came into play on deep passes. I don't think I've ever noticed that in my 36 years of living. In my experience on a pass like the one on the game the LB would have teleported to the ball and warped through Cruz and take the ball back 100 yards for the TD. That would probably happen about 8-10 times give or take.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
^^^^
Hmm, I had no idea the sound of the crowd came into play on deep passes. I don't think I've ever noticed that in my 36 years of living. In my experience on a pass like the one on the game the LB would have teleported to the ball and warped through Cruz and take the ball back 100 yards for the TD. That would probably happen about 8-10 times give or take.
The "Crowd Noise" reference wasn't a Madden reference. It was something I read about playing the DB position in one of the books I've read in the last 15 years, but can't remember which one (One Knee Equals 2 Feet, I think).

Sorry about the confusion.

Later
Old 02-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegout
and irl you cant make that pass on a consistent basis, it was a bad decision with a great throw and a great catch, if mayo was a spilt sec slower ball doesnt make it if the db plays inside the wr instead of opering out ball doesnt get there
That play was very similar to james harrisons pick 6 against the cardinals. The differnce was Mayo isnt as comfortable dropping back into coverage. If that were Brandon Spikes undercutting that route Cruz wouldnt have scored. Mayo might be a better overall backer, but Spikes is better in zone coverage.

I wish you could take advantage of mismatches like this in madden. Personel means almost nothing right now. If i take the chicago bears and use the ravens defensesive playbook it wont make a difference. Ill still have success where i should be getting punished for having an undersized d line and cover 2 corners in man coverage all game.

Right now the way the game plays, if the cpu is playing a Tampa 2 and you throw to the tight end running a seam or a post route, the ball gets batted down by the mike linebacker way too often. Just because a defender is close to a reciever shouldnt mean hes automatically covered. We saw it all year. Brees, rodgers, and brady just firing the ball to their te as soon as that backer or safety turns to run with them. How many times did you see jimmy graham in the middle just snagging passes over a helpless defender this year? I cant replicate this in madden because of the lack of consistency in the animations with the player warping, lack of ball tracking, and super backers. Very frustrating....
Old 02-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 24

Maybe not, but the Tyree catch became the norm in 10......lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »