Home

What's Your Craziest Superbowl?

This is a discussion on What's Your Craziest Superbowl? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #9
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What's Your Craziest Superbowl?

I don't have the exact stats, but in Madden 11 I made a created "cupcake" team with a 99 OVR scrambling QB. A few years later, by using a draft guide, I had assembled a SB-worthy team. I played Manning's Colts, and went down very early, but tied it up with less than a minute left. Then the game called the worst pass interference call in history (read: non-existent) and they kicked a field goal and won. I think I almost cried. I vowed that if I played the Colts again, I would murder them.

Next year, I have almost the same team, except I had traded for rookie RB Shaydon Favors (85 OVR, was my one weakness on the team prior). Sure enough, I met the Colts in the Super Bowl again--only this time, it was the 2014 Super Bowl at Metlife Stadium. The ground was covered in snow and it was snowing heavily. Using the same exact sliders as the year before, I pounded the Colts, taking something like a 45-10 lead at halftime and winning by a score of something like 63-20.

It felt pretty damn satisfying.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 25
Re: What's Your Craziest Superbowl?

I didn't quite make the superbowl because of a crazy AFC Championship game: Finished my Bills season. Before the season started I traded for Fred Davis. I traded for Chaz Schilens in week 6. Over the course of the season I signed a few linemen, Sam Acho, Roc Carmichael, Dhani Jones, and Roy Williams. I started off winning the first 5 or 6 games. Then I went through a rough patch but found myself going 11-5 and winning the AFC East. My defense was first in yards allowed, points allowed, passing yds allowed and was 2nd in rushing yards allowed. My offense was top 5 in rushing but almost last in passing. I had Jairus Byrd out for the playoffs.In the wild card round I faced the 9-7 Dolphins who beat me twice in the regular season; 7-22 and 10-24. Down 17-7 with 2 seconds left in the half I had the ball on the Dolphins 2 yard line. Chan Gailey lined his team up for the field goal. As soon as Brad Smith had the snap he rolled right until he found TE Shawn Nelson for a TD. Ryan Lindell kicked a last minute feild goal to give the Bills a 27-24 win. Our defense had 5 picks. Next up was the Steelers. With Big Ben out the Steelers only scored on 2 broken coverages and a fumble return. Buffalo wins 37-21. Next up are the 13-3 Colts. Star linebacker Nick Barnett is out. Kelvin Sheppard and Dhani Jones will start at MLB. With 3 minutes left the Bills took a 17-14 lead. Manning was driving trhe Colts down the field. He therew a long pass to Reggie Wayne that was intercepted with 2 minutes left. Luckily the Colts had 3 timeouts left. On third and 2 rookie RB Jonnie White was handed the ball he got a first down but was crushed and fumbled the ball. The Colts recovered on the Bills 30. 5 plays later Manning threw a 5 yard TD pass to Austin Collie. 21-17. The Bills got the ball with a minute left. With 10 seconds left Stevie Johnson caught a pass down the sideline at the Colts 5 yard line. Somehow he was caught in bounds and the game ended with the Bills scrambling to the line. It was a great season. Marcel Dareus won Defensive rookie of the year. Pro bowlers are Nick Barnett(injured), Jairus Byrd(injured), Marcel Dareus, Kyle Williams, and Bryan Scott.

I just copied this from when I posted it in the Franchise forum.
Year 3 - 11-5

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »