Home

Madden NFL 12 Season in Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Season in Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #9
Rookie

bigdnlaca's Arena

OVR: 2
Franchise Mode still sucks and I have seen better from previous Madden games from last gen.

What ticked me off about Madden 12 was that the computer controlled teams would cut players that are well known and won't get picked up when the season started.

In my one franchise after yr 4, I had Mark Sanchez as an 80 in FA in his 5th yr. I can see the Jets releasing him for whatever reason but for him not to get picked up by another team is just crazy. I thought that was just Mark not living up to the QB of the future role but as I went thru the FA I saw names like Darren Sproles, Tolbert, Suggs, Mathis and others.

The reason for this maybe is that the draft class is rated too high or progressed too quickly. Other than that and audio, the game was a good challenge with All Madden sliders.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #10
Banned

b22gamer's Arena

OVR: 7
SLIGHT improvement? HOW??? The game was just as bad as it was last year. And the things they promised us (in-season tuning/patches/etc.) we never received. STEP. UP. YOUR. GAME. EA!
Old 02-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #11
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 12 Season in Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
2) DPP/hot & cold streaks - This is an awesome feature and truly changed franchise mode for me. I loved tracking this during games and adjusting personnel as needed to help offset guys in a funk. And also knowing my CPU counterparts hot players and exploiting their cold ones.
Agreed, but they gotta sell this better going from game to game. With DPP, they've captured an intangible (hot/cold streaks). Now they have to focus on communicating this information in a realistic and seamless way.

If the DE is coming into the game on a streak, I'd like to hear Collinsworth tell me why the player is on a streak and there needs to be a graphic overlay at some point telling me how the player performed the weeks before to influence that streak. The commentary for DPP now is too generic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #12
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 12 Season in Review

My bad & ugly lists would've been much longer, but no gameplay mentioned in the good is about where I stand.

It would take one HELL of an effort, but yeah, maybe next year.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
I'm with Armor & Sword here. I'm still playing this game and having fun, and I can't remember the last time I could say that this late in the year.

I want to see deeper defensive playbooks, and I want the pass rush fixed. 43 DE and 34 OLB need to take the angles they take and get reailstic results. DT need to primarily push the pocket but not dominate in the rush.

Then there's the issue of the hulk figures. I need to see that eliminated.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #14
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Commentary was horrendous....Presentation was underwhelming once again, and...thats enough...bring on M13
Old 02-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2
Lack of any improvement in Online Franchise made Madden 12 a no-go for me. It looked like a good game otherwise, but that was a no-no in my book and I have bought every Madden since it debuted on Genesis.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #16
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
To call this a "Season In Review" is a bit misleading. It seems more of a first impressions more than anything. Good, Bad, and Ugly and the only thing to do with gameplay is about suction blocking. The bad for me is basically the entire passing game. From pass rush, to play action, to wr/db interaction, to pass trajectory it really needs a total revamp. It's really the only thing I would like to see changed from an on the field standpoint. The Ugly, like someone else said, had to be the commentary. It somehow took a step backwards and was absolutely terrible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »