Home

Madden NFL 12 Season in Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Season in Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #17
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12
i do not feel the DDP...i never noticed cold streaks or even hot streaks...to me DDP means nothing...they show whos cold but i can still have great games...i find it to be pointless and just another gimmick from ea sports...

i still have high hope for madden 13 =)
Old 02-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #18
(PS3) Madden 13

mirrored32's Arena

OVR: 18
Good article and I think it summarizes the Madden 12 experience. I wonder if the issues we as fan experience from year to year is due to the obviously lack of competition due to an exclusive contract and the fact that they try to reinvent the game every year. The game is made within 365 days technically. Today most high level games requires 2 to 3 years of development.

I think Madden 12 is on the right direction, play roles, DDP, traits, future draft picks, cut days, scouting. I think they simply ran out of time before the release date. To me this was one of the biggest upgrades to Madden in years.

Madden 13 will be good as long as they don't' walk backward. If they keep pulling things out of madden every year to remake them it will again anger me. removing extra point. why? space? what got it pulled? I don't understand that kind of reason.

Communication from EA on why things are added AND REMOVED i think provides a more respectful understanding of why they do what they do.

the HD lighting was cool and the grass was nice (kick ups and what not). dirty jersey's, scratches on the helmets. Details. Though I agree it wasn't polished, it is cool to see that kind of tech being put in the game. I expect Madden 13 to build on that.

In fact, It is my wish (fear though it won't happen) that build on a good thing. Stop hacking it apart every year. Take what is in this game and polish it, fix the problems, and add a new piece. Perhaps a more immersive draft. whatever that case, reinventing the game each year leads to not enough to time to put out a fully polished product and it causes me frustration and I am sure many others.

EA give the developers the time and the resources to do the job that makes the fans want more!
Old 02-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
The reason they keep putting out a mediocre game every year is because we keep buying it. Not only buying it but buying "into" it. The game somehow is a top selling franchise year after year. Yet year after year i hear and read the same complaints over and over. A new Madden, or football game for that matter would mean sales would have to drop ridiculously low and I dont see that happening anytime soon.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
The good - Graphics, Improved Franchise Mode, Lighting, Fully Edit Any Player Addition, Jersey Degradation and Helmet Scuffs, Improved Pump Faking, Stadium Details, Improved Zone Plays, Nice Entrance Cut Scenes, Real Photos for Rookie Players in Franchise.

The bad - No 3d Grass on Field, Lack of Annimations, Lack of Halftime Show and Post Game Show, No Tuner Updates, Ratings Mean Everything, Player Models, Ball Physics, Punt Return Blocking, Celebrations, Trade Logic, Menu Setup, No Player Tatoos.

The Ugly - Play Actions Broke, Momentum Means Nothing, Robotic Players, No Player Physics, A.I. Intelligence, No Player Interactions, Blocking Logic, Ball Terjectory, Player Movements Being to Robotic, Lack of Emotion, Commentating, Playbook Creator, Lack of Realistic Football Plays, Draft Class Importing, No Real Gang Tackling, No Sideline Interaction. I'll stop there.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #21
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 12 Season in Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat3
The reason they keep putting out a mediocre game every year is because we keep buying it. Not only buying it but buying "into" it. The game somehow is a top selling franchise year after year. Yet year after year i hear and read the same complaints over and over. A new Madden, or football game for that matter would mean sales would have to drop ridiculously low and I dont see that happening anytime soon.
You've hit the nail on the head. There's nothing to add to your comment. You said everything there's to say about that issue! I wouldn't even enjoy the game if it was a gift...

Last edited by Bulls321974; 02-08-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #22
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

"Where is the return game?"
Uh... right where all the complainers wanted it, patched out of the game. It was there before the first patch and then it was gone.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
i do not feel the DDP...i never noticed cold streaks or even hot streaks...to me DDP means nothing...they show whos cold but i can still have great games...i find it to be pointless and just another gimmick from ea sports...
That's because with DDP, you never see it coming.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #24
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11
"Where were the tuner sets like NCAA?"

What tuner sets? All we got were a couple broken patches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »