Home

Any teams that have changing weather in franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Any teams that have changing weather in franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
Rookie

jethrobag's Arena

OVR: 2
Any teams that have changing weather in franchise mode?

Are there any teams that actually have some varience in weather conditions after the patch? I want to start a new franchise, but it seems like the weather for every team is pretty moderate after the patch. I'm not just talking about rain or snow, but even just cloudy days.

Pre patch I used to love when the skies were a little dark and overcast. It gave the feel of a fall sunday. It seems like now every game is played in clear skies.

Also, if I delete everything I have saved and start over, can I only download the first patch and not the second? I believe the first patch fixed the bug that wouldn't allow you to edit players positions or numbers without losing potential, and the second one fixed the rain game issue.

Does anyone know if this is correct?
Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Any teams that have changing weather in franchise mode?

You would never lose potential, but you would lose the roles. If you delete everything and redownload the patch, everything that was included in the first patch is included in the second, so you don't miss out. This is the case for all patches, unless they remove something.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrobag
Are there any teams that actually have some varience in weather conditions after the patch? I want to start a new franchise, but it seems like the weather for every team is pretty moderate after the patch. I'm not just talking about rain or snow, but even just cloudy days.

Pre patch I used to love when the skies were a little dark and overcast. It gave the feel of a fall sunday. It seems like now every game is played in clear skies.

Also, if I delete everything I have saved and start over, can I only download the first patch and not the second? I believe the first patch fixed the bug that wouldn't allow you to edit players positions or numbers without losing potential, and the second one fixed the rain game issue.

Does anyone know if this is correct?
Thanks!
The 2nd patch fixed player editing without loosing roles.. so you need both patches if you want that.

After the patch pretty much all teams had weather toned down to avoid the rain glitch. So I dont think it matters which you use. Also, I never get snow games during the regular season. So unfortunately you either need to go pre-patch and have the rain bug or go post-patch and have bland weather.

Try to play teams in divisions with the least amount of domes. You'll be more likely to play in inclement weather or cloudy days since you will be indoors less often.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
Rookie

jethrobag's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblake16x
You would never lose potential, but you would lose the roles. If you delete everything and redownload the patch, everything that was included in the first patch is included in the second, so you don't miss out. This is the case for all patches, unless they remove something.
That's was it was, the roles not potential. I don't want to miss out on that, so I guess I'm stuck with boring weather. That sucks.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

They really screwed up the weather in Madden 12. I am in year four of my offline franchise as the Browns. I have had two games in the rain, and 0 snow games. The other thing I find annoying is you know when they load you into the stadium and the show the aerial view? All the trees are green and grass is green yet I am in a December or January Game. The other thing I found they screwed up on were the times of the game according to the month. So in a late December game that's at 4:15pm, it gets dark at around the 4th quarter? doesn't make much sense. They really need to just let us choose our own weather in franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #6
Rookie

oilersfanatic's Arena

OVR: 0

The best thing they can ever do is let us choose the weather, and game time temperature in franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »