Home

I feel like trading for draft picks is cheating

This is a discussion on I feel like trading for draft picks is cheating within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #17
Rookie

jethrobag's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: I feel like trading for draft picks is cheating

I think the trading of picks can be both too easy, and at times way too difficult. Here are a couple of examples:

In my franchise with the browns, I can trade payton hillis for a 1st and 2nd round pick everyday. Now, no team would give that up for hillis. He is an average to slightly above average running back. However, trading pick for pick is much more difficult.

I went into my 1st offseason with the Browns, and had two 1st rounders 6 and 24. I had to get to 3 to get the player I coveted. There was no way to move up three spots. I offered 6, 24, and next years 1st, and got rejected. I then offered 6, 24, and Alex Mack 88 ovr, A pot, and got rejected. The only way I could move up was involving Joe Thomas, which was a dealbreaker since im from Wisconsin.

In real life, I should have been able to package 2 number ones to move up three spots in my opinion.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I feel like trading for draft picks is cheating

You guys mean you don't trade right before the trade deadline with the worst team record to get there 1st,2nd, and 3rd picks from that years drafts. Or even better there 1st, 2nd, Next years 1st...??? lol I mean come on the computer makes it that easy. Or even trade away old good players to get two 1st round picks.

A buddy and I have a chise going to we do that every year to draft the best players and see who can get them. We make our teams in SUPER teams with best A pot players and try to set season records and play each other in the super bowl every year. YA of course it ain't realistic but its all in fun. and ya after a couple of seasons we get bored and start over. and neither of us do this in our own chises but, against each other it makes it alittle fun.

Example of the trading down thing getting carried away. Last draft I knew what I wanted and of course were he'd go so I just kept trading down and taking each teams next years 1st also... I think I have 7 - 1st round picks in the up coming draft with my buddy.... I know I know kinda overboard. But like I said its just alittle fun franchise with a buddy of mine nothing serious at all. We take it as the joke that it is.

So... ya, until madden fixes the A.I. on the trading and draft trading. I mean its just going to be that easy and really just a joke.

MADDEN16 very soon!
EA Access Soon Too
UPGRADED Xbox ONE - About Time!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »