Home

Day one video from CD by Tradition Sports.

This is a discussion on Day one video from CD by Tradition Sports. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #25
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Day one video from CD by Tradition Sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
You are the very reason madden has hit the bottom of the barrel like it has, you accept these things still to this day that we have moved past from years ago.

We all had that feeling of, "maybe next year" or, "it'll get better next year" only for them to completely forget about it in their next version of madden.

I'm not trying to bash you or anything, but there has to come a point in time to where you see the same formula being used on this game that has gotten stale and alot of hardcore fans bitter about every release. I said I wasnt gonna really post anymore but reading this post just got me to bite so here goes.

1) Did anyone else hear when he said the devs mentioned the mistakes they made in madden 12? Well, these CD guys knew about that and yet the game still released in the condition its in with all this in mind. How can they sleep at night?

2) The things they cant talk about? Whoopdee dooo!!! Yea, ok... Im guessing Franchise and presentation got a slight upgrade and thats being generous. Giving the fact that I am 100% sure they havent even played or simmed a full few seasons yet to make sure stuff actually works the way they were demonstrated in the presentation. Again, this goes back to past CD events where the guys were elated over the presentation put on by the staff and we get the final game and its a big disappointment.

3) I havent heard one thing about them relaying our feedback to the devs besides the fact that it seems the devs cut them off at the door and basically "deebo'd" them into the " We know whats wrong with 12 and we are sorry bout that" speech!

4) For crying out loud, there really is no need to keep a lot of this stuff hush hush, your hardcore crowd arent 10-14 yr old kids anymore, WE GROWN MEN/WOMEN! No need to keep it all to the chest, if you told us today what Franchise modes (both off/on) was 100x's better than what we had this year, the game would still sell on that info alone. Its not like anyone is gonna steal the thunder when you have the freaking license.

Throw us a bone, the teasing is for kids and im quite sure these kids (even tho some play like them) are gonna last and hang around as much as we here do at times!
I might agree with most of this, but not number 1.

I don't think you can hang your hat on the messengers. What they see now, might not make it in the retail version. And what they don't see know, might make it into retail as well. ie, bugs, etcc....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #26
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
You are the very reason madden has hit the bottom of the barrel like it has, you accept these things still to this day that we have moved past from years ago.
No sir, I am not the reason Madden 06 - Madden 09 was terrible. I do believe I already wrote, and you bypassed, that I didn't even bother to give my money for those iterations. I bought Madden 09, hated it, and was ready to call it quits. For years, I voted with my wallet, which is a lot more than what some people around here do.

So no, I am far from the reason Madden has hit rock bottom. I didn't accept Madden 06 - Madden 08 at all, and I was disgusted with Madden 09. I accept your apology.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #27
Straight cash homie

FreAk47's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
As for this video, I can't get this least bit excited from these guys impressions. I've seen it too many times. They really enjoyed Madden 10-12, what wouldn't they be hyped for 13?
Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't have even a shred of excitement from this video. The day I get excited is the day I see a working physics engine in Madden.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I might agree with most of this, but not number 1.

I don't think you can hang your hat on the messengers. What they see now, might not make it in the retail version. And what they don't see know, might make it into retail as well. ie, bugs, etcc....
Those marketing folks are one step ahead. The reason they don't want to reveal anything is that they know full well that the anticipation of the NEXT madden is what sells butt loads of games on release day. If you already know that something is/isn't in the game now, you will temper your expectations and you won't go and buy it. Believe me, these folks are smarter than you think. That's EXACTLY what they are saying in their meetings. Madden sells mainly on reputation and legacy. It's very similar to a struggling drug addict. They know that the drugs are bad, yet they are searching for that high that they had the very first time they did it. The only problem is, they never get it... Madden is the same thing and they KNOW it. By keeping everything secret, it builds that urge for people to pick up the game with the belief that all of the things they really wanted might actually be in the game.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #29
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Those marketing folks are one step ahead. The reason they don't want to reveal anything is that they know full well that the anticipation of the NEXT madden is what sells butt loads of games on release day. If you already know that something is/isn't in the game now, you will temper your expectations and you won't go and buy it. Believe me, these folks are smarter than you think. That's EXACTLY what they are saying in their meetings. Madden sells mainly on reputation and legacy. It's very similar to a struggling drug addict. They know that the drugs are bad, yet they are searching for that high that they had the very first time they did it. The only problem is, they never get it... Madden is the same thing and they KNOW it. By keeping everything secret, it builds that urge for people to pick up the game with the belief that all of the things they really wanted might actually be in the game.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #30
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm not talking for Big, but I think he is referencing his gut opinion is Madden might be becoming more NFL like, not CD or the Madden trips by the developers.

If I'm wrong, sorry Big.

Madden68959, are you going to keep posting that in different threads?
That's about right except not just my gut but the way the interaction between developers and the entire vocal community, in relation to the NFL issues that exist in Madden.

In the past, even if some issues were acknowledged by developers, there often seemed to be defensiveness from hurt feelings and/or bruised egos, about why next-gen Madden "is what is". However, due to the impersonal NFL clinical way developers now seem to be approaching Madden and the personal way they are expressing understanding what the big f'n deal has been about Madden not reflecting that in the past, I don't see how the game can help but get NFL better.

When I see things like ChaseB, not taking it as a personal attack or people questioning his skill or passion, when they state that commentary has "sucked" and actually brainstorming with the community, that gives me the impression, to quote someone else, that the "culture" has changed.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #31
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Name one video game company that doesn't market that way that is successful and still in business.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #32
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
LOL. This used to describe my mentality about a week before the next Madden drops and I am calling every store within 100 miles trying to get the game early. What can I say, Madden hype train is a heluva drug!

That said, I promise on ever thing I love, if Madden 13 is not "that game", I am giving it up for real this time.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 02-16-2012 at 03:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »