Home

Is EA/Tiburon Committed To Making Madden 13's Player Ratings "True To The NFL"?

This is a discussion on Is EA/Tiburon Committed To Making Madden 13's Player Ratings "True To The NFL"? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #89
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Is EA/Tiburon Committed To Making Madden 13's Player Ratings "True To The NFL"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC IS ART
lack of knowledge on Donny/"Rating Team" of what a players strengths are
^This is the ticket.^

They don't know what they are doing. They don't have reliable data. It's all bollocks if you ask me.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 06-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #90
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Is EA/Tiburon Committed To Making Madden 13's Player Ratings "True To The NFL"?

The only problem with the whole actual speed and games speed debate is that in the game they have not found a way to make players dominant wothout making them fast. A fast 75ovr is much more effective than a slow 90ovr.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #91
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL78
The only problem with the whole actual speed and games speed debate is that in the game they have not found a way to make players dominant wothout making them fast. A fast 75ovr is much more effective than a slow 90ovr.
They need to find a way to MAKE other attributes more effective. If a guy is low rated in the OVR category but has a high SPD, then he MUST be lacking other attributes to give him such a low rating. Perhaps his lack of agility makes him slow down more when running routes and allows the DB to close and break on the ball better? Perhaps his route running is so poor that his route is sloppy and he cannot get separation? Perhaps his AWR is so low that he straight up runs the wrong route on a given play?

These things can be programed to create different outcomes to prevent the 70 OVR WR from dominating simply because he has a SPD of 95+.

However, they also need to use realistic distributions and understand that only a handful of players in the NFL are even WORTHY of a 95+ SPD rating. Out of the 18000 players in the FBG database, only 43 have a SPD rating above 95. That is only .23% of the total players. Let's say we take the top 2200 players (equal to the amount on the game) in EAs system and FBGs system. Of the 2200 players, EA has 50 with a SPD over 50 and 190 with a SPD rating over 90. Of those same players, FBG only has 21 players over 95 SPD and 98 with SPD over 90.

I posit that the over-inflation of the SPD rating contributes to this problem. If EA would properly rate players according to the data distribution of measurable data, we would not have this problem.
NFL Scout

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #92
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

The 2 ratings I think they need 2 start with are agility and acceleration ...... because right now those are WAY,WAY,WAY to high for no reason at all

Example:
Calvin Johnson 6'5 236
Larry Fitzgerald 6'3 218

They both can do what the other can but what seperates them is that Calvin is quicker and more agile than Larry IMO

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 06-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #93
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
The 2 ratings I think they need 2 start with are agility and acceleration ...... because right now those are WAY,WAY,WAY to high for no reason at all
Completely agree.

Just about everyone in my franchise that is at a "skill position" (except QB and some LBs - though some are up there in the 90s) and has had any solid development (and I mean most teams, not just mine) is near 95+ AGI and ACC.

I have to look for a CB or WR that's not at 95+ and isn't on his last legs career-/age-wise.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #94
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10

Example:
Calvin Johnson 6'5 236
Larry Fitzgerald 6'3 218

They both can do what the other can but what seperates them is that Calvin is quicker and more agile than Larry IMO
Once again, look at the data distribution of the measurables for ACC and AGI. The guys with elite AGI in the league are RARE. Same goes for ACC. EA greatly over-inflates these attributes and allows for NO variation.
NFL Scout

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »