Home

worst injury suffered in a game?

This is a discussion on worst injury suffered in a game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #17
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: worst injury suffered in a game?

Had Vick in Madden 05. He had a torn ACL I believe and was out for his career.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:06 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 24

I played a Colts franchise, and Peyton Manning had a neck injury that kept him out all..........oh, wait.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:18 AM   #19
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Playing in the Super Bowl in my Steelers Franchise on Madden 11 Jason Worilds suffered a career ending broken vertebra making a special teams tackle. Only career ending injury to one of my players, though I've had (causes) career ending injuries to CPU players a couple times.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 02-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #20
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

The last time I has a player on my franchise team to get career ending injury was back on Madden 07 ps2. Career enders are very rare in the NFL. So that sounds about right for Madden.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 10

In my most recent season, after a fantasy draft and in year 3 where guys like andrew luck and RGIII would be second/sophomore year players... Nick Perry suffered a fractured vertebrae in week 7 for the Rams. They went on to make the playoffs with a record of 7-9. Won their wildcard game, divisional game, and the conference championship. They faced my team in the Super Bowl, the Texans, and beat me 13-30.

The whole city of St Louis rallied around Nick Perry's career ender and won the superbowl... what a story.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #22
Rookie

rockbottom3's Arena

OVR: 6
Talking Re: worst injury suffered in a game?

I hurt my arm throwing my controller once... but I've seen the career ending injury a couple of times.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:11 AM   #23
Rookie

jhols1nger's Arena

OVR: 0

Madden 11 during an online franchise game, my opponent threw a fade route to Braylon Edwards in the end zone. I smashed him mid air and he was taken out for career, I believe the injury was a broken vertebrae.

Back on the PS2 me and a friend of mine had a franchise that we played together on the same team. I dropped back with Quincy Carter (lol) and he was the RB responsible for picking up the blitz. Needless to say he whiffed, I got crushed and suffered a career ending concussion, was hilarious.

MACK SFC - Madden Arm Chair Kings Sim Football Club (Exec)
Old 06-13-2012, 04:03 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblake16x
In my most recent season, after a fantasy draft and in year 3 where guys like andrew luck and RGIII would be second/sophomore year players... Nick Perry suffered a fractured vertebrae in week 7 for the Rams. They went on to make the playoffs with a record of 7-9. Won their wildcard game, divisional game, and the conference championship. They faced my team in the Super Bowl, the Texans, and beat me 13-30.

The whole city of St Louis rallied around Nick Perry's career ender and won the superbowl... what a story.
That was kind of neat. I had a story like that that went the opposite way.

I was in the 21st year in Franchise as the Panthers. The Bills had a third-year quarterback named Phillip Petty who had completely revitalized them. The Bills went 12-4 that year and Petty led the league in passing yards. They went on the Super Bowl to face the Rams( I had lost to them in the Conference), and won the first championship for Buffalo ever.

Then in the next pre-season, Petty suffered a fractured vertebrae. The Bills sucked pretty bad that season after their Super Bowl. I didn't realized until the retirements part of the off-season that year that Petty suffered a CEI and he retired after only 4 years in the league.

It was kind of sad actually.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »