Home

Updated roster questions

This is a discussion on Updated roster questions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Updated roster questions

Do they change any of the player traits in updated rosters?

Is the final roster update already out?

What does it take to change a player's consistency?

I just got the game yesterday and I was looking at Narorro Bowman 49ers ILB. He only has 1 star consistency and "High Motor: No." Bowman was a beast all year last year, and many NFL experts [for what ver that is worth] have talked about how the only reason Bowman isn't known better is because of the Hall of Fame LB standing next to him. I think his ratings are very accurate, except awareness which is too low. Normally Awareness for LBs are about equal to their play recognition, but if you do that, Bowman goes up to a 90 or 91 OVR and I don't think Donny and EA want that.

Quote:
If you listen to Jon Gruden, the best linebacker combination in the NFL is Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs. If you listen to someone who doesn't just vomit love and sunshine on whatever group of 106 players he happens to presently be witnessing, you'd likely hear (this season) that Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman are the two best. Earlier in the season, Bowman was making plays that no other linebacker was making, covering extreme amounts of distance and wrapping up players who had no business being wrapped up.
Up in the press box at Candlestick Park, the media had to correct themselves more than once when calling out which player it was that just made the play. "That's No. 52, Patrick Willis on the tackle ... Correction, that's No. 53, NaVorro Bowman with the stop in the backfield."
Statements like that were a virtual regularity, and he kept it up throughout the entirety of the season. He's not a huge stat guy, but he's given coverage duties on running backs, tight ends and slot receivers, and he does it very well. On top of that, he's one of the reasons the 49ers can actually stop a screen pass now, one of the things that killed them for years. Bowman was absolutely one of the three best inside linebackers in the NFC this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Updated roster questions

They did accidentally revert Calvin Johnson back to 98 in the 2nd to last update (side note).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »