Home

Back from Community Day!!!

This is a discussion on Back from Community Day!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Back from Community Day!!!

Im glad dewiel and Chase is coming in the forums and giving some feedback. Honestly though, there is really nothing too be getting hype over because we been down this road for what 8 years now. Until actual gameplay footage and presentation aspects of the game are shown, i have my doubts, Madden has left a sour taste in most gamers, and its going too take more than nice talk too change that. Hope its worth the wait this year.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:24 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 0

Good post TNT, very informative as always, with that said i would like to know one thing!

Why is it that when building madden, that the fundamental foundations are there like Controls, player movement, online/offline play, franchise mode and things like that, never get "upgraded"?

What I mean is that you have your house, but you want to expand it a lil like add a bathroom, New bedroom closet and some cosmetic touches. But why do you have to "demolish the WHOLE house in order to add just a few things to what you had before?

It just doesnt make any sense that they went from Madden 93 to what we have now and still have far less features and stuff that were there 20 years ago.

I just hope we have "options" like Sim, Casual, and freestyle so we can all just get along!
Old 02-21-2012, 01:48 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Im glad dewiel and Chase is coming in the forums and giving some feedback. Honestly though, there is really nothing too be getting hype over because we been down this road for what 8 years now. Until actual gameplay footage and presentation aspects of the game are shown, i have my doubts, Madden has left a sour taste in most gamers, and its going too take more than nice talk too change that. Hope its worth the wait this year.
Most of you know that I personally don't care much about presentation, or commentary, franchise, or a number of other things... That said, many of the things I don't typically care much about IMPRESSED ME. Without being too specific, I perked up in some of the meetings about things I'm not a fan of.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 02:39 AM   #76
MVP

quick question.. I understand the NDA but I'm trying to make this as broad as possible. Was there a moment or a particular feature where you said to yourself "wow i can't believe theyr putting this in the game!" or "Im so surprised they thought to put this (particular feature) in the game! No one on the forums proposed something like that, I never saw that one comming!" (I feel an example of this would be Gameflow)

Or were most of the things discussed what you expected because it comprised of mostly feedback from the community and your excitement is because of the fact that they are finally addressing the things we've been asking for?

Last edited by johnnyg713; 02-21-2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:52 AM   #77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Good post TNT, very informative as always, with that said i would like to know one thing!

Why is it that when building madden, that the fundamental foundations are there like Controls, player movement, online/offline play, franchise mode and things like that, never get "upgraded"?

What I mean is that you have your house, but you want to expand it a lil like add a bathroom, New bedroom closet and some cosmetic touches. But why do you have to "demolish the WHOLE house in order to add just a few things to what you had before?

It just doesnt make any sense that they went from Madden 93 to what we have now and still have far less features and stuff that were there 20 years ago.

I just hope we have "options" like Sim, Casual, and freestyle so we can all just get along!
Smoke,

You make a good point... And as much as I would like to relate what I've seen to you in a way that will actually set your mind at ease - the NDA was a condition of coming to the event. We knew this ahead of time and agreed to submit to those terms. It was only fair considering the amount of resources EA devoted to ensuring this was a productive event meant to help steer the direction. I don't mind discussing everything I can relate to you without violating the terms of the NDA - So I'll say this:

You analogy has been true of the title since the decision not to port for NG on 360. That tactical mistake cost fans, like you and me, the best possible Madden game even today. For a while, there was a band-aid approach that frustrated everyone equally. The devs didn't like it - the fans didn't like it. and we ended up with several versions of Madden that no one was really satisfied with.

To use your analogy, the guys that built the foundation of the house built it with substandard materials. Ever since, someone has had to replace each part of the house one room at a time.

Madden 12 had promise... It wasn't perfect - but it had far less band-aid fixes than it's predecessors. When talking to the devs, they were adamant about not band-aid fixing anything. From now on, they want to build it right or not at all.

I spoke to a few devs about how this approach would effect Madden 13 and beyond - and they were honest with us. I spoke with devs about specific issues related to the hows and whys of how things get put in the game or the things that don't make it are prioritized for another year.

Once we knew the roadmap - we could address what that roadmap meant for the future of the game. It was enlightening to better understand the process that goes into MAKING Madden, contrasting it with the process we use to PLAY Madden, and how we view what goes into coaching/playing in the NFL.

Many of the issues that are important to all of us are addressed in a way I think a large part of the community can enjoy. I wish I could spill the beans. I can't wait til we can start releasing our impressions because I want you to know what I saw - AND - I'm interested in what others saw.

That said, I am just as eager to debate and discuss the successes and failures of Madden 13 AFTER it is released so we can begin the process again for Madden 14. We already know that if GOD see's fit to allow me to live long enough (don't worry, I'm healthy) - I'll be buying Madden 13. That's a given every year. The question is how soon will the game be solid enough for others to be as compelled to get Madden just as often.

My goal is to help make Madden so hot that everyone has to have it at midnight on the release.

Later
Old 02-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #78
Rookie

zarmstead2's Arena

OVR: 1

When WILL you be able to share more info with us? The only thing I've read is the OP, so Im sorry if this has been brought up.
NBA: wut?

Suh is the man!
Old 02-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #79
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarmstead2
When WILL you be able to share more info with us? The only thing I've read is the OP, so Im sorry if this has been brought up.
On March 7th, the cover elections will be starting and that will take us to around draft time. I'm thinking a few nuggets of information will be dropped around draft time.

Then, the CD folks can discuss further what they liked or didn't like about the nuggets of info that is released.

Expect more info released at E3 and in July. The CD folks are able to discuss what they like and didn't like once the information is released.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #80
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

@ CD Guys

Is it safe to say one of the reason there is a NDA , is becuase nothing is final as to what is going to make the final build? I can see this to avoid problems.

I also want to ask , did any of you ask about changing the engine and using the FIFA engine instead?, or was anything asked in reference to the FIFA engine?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »